Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] When does the ban hammer reset?

OP Guilty3928

By that I mean the stacking penalties. It seems to double every time you quit a game after 3 quit games. Currently at 40 min ban time after playing 'bout 80 games in the past two days and quitting 5 of them due to varies reasons (from raging to internet connection issue). So does anyone know how long it take for the stacking bans to reset back to the base minute?
No idea, but I'd love to know as well. Bumping this in case someone knows.
End of the week maybe?
Idk, I dont think that the ban hammar resets regularly, or ever..
It resets we just dont know how much time for it to do so. And im not going to be the one to test to find out.
I don't believe there is a reset as such. The system build up a case against your gamertag and catalogs each time you quit, betray or AFK. It looks for patterns and upon a trigger being reached the hammer will strike. I imagine if you go for an extended period of time with a clean record, then 1 quit probably won't harm your standing. It's repeated patterns that really do the damage. Often when it looks as though you were banned for 1 match, it's due to your account history
Guilty3928 wrote:
By that I mean the stacking penalties. It seems to double every time you quit a game after 3 quit games. Currently at 40 min ban time after playing 'bout 80 games in the past two days and quitting 5 of them due to varies reasons (from raging to internet connection issue). So does anyone know how long it take for the stacking bans to reset back to the base minute?
Hopefully they'll keep stacking up! Great isn't it? That means we get to play Halo, and you get to stop ruining our games.
I just got banned after my first leave ever in Halo 5 (left social ctf, not even rated) not sure how long or why. I haven't been idle, or suicided any games since playing Halo 5. Really confused how one leave = a ban. It would be great if 343 told us the offense that was occurring and to the extent so we could be more careful. I believe I remember reading somewhere that offenses accumulate. But 1 leave = a ban? I'm also not sure what could have accumulated throughout the hours i've played.

Someone posted:
Quitting matches
Betrayals or team killing
Idling (AFK)
Intentional suicides
Excessive disconnects

results in bans.

Besides the one leave just now, I know I haven't quit any other matches, I haven't idled ever, I haven't had any intentional suicides besides the ones where I accidentally boosted off a ledge to dodge, and I know I haven't had any disconnects. On the betrayals or team killing, I am not too sure if I accidentally did damage to teammates from them walking into line of fire or boosting into already thrown grenades. If this is what added up to the ban, how can I play to have fun when I'm constantly worried that a teammate walking into my grenades or into line of fire will slowly stack negative points against me until a ban occurs. If this wasn't what accumulated, then does my first leave really result in a ban?

Some clarity would be nice.
Going to bump this since I haven't seen a new post like this.

It seems since when the game started it just keeps stacking and stacking up. I know my most recent ban was because of leaving 2 games but come on If I wanted to play slayer, I would go to the stupid Slayer play list. The hammer really does need to reset after a while, and the game does have something in place now that could help out! The "seasons" for ranked multiplayer would be a great time to reset since players are more likely to be put with higher skilled players and rage quit. Something else would be to remove the ban hammer from social play lists where it doesn't really matter if someone does quit or not, also in warzone if you are on the loosing team (or a team being farmed) then just let them leave without penalties.

I'd rather have fun than stay and let my self get farmed or spawn killed in matches (Especially where there's no hope for a comeback). Though I'm sure most people will agree in saying that we do need some more info on bans and if they do ever reset (even if it takes games without doing something to get banned). Heck, even most games have a "Player Heat" bar where it tells you if you are OK or your actions are close to causing a ban and will eventually go back down to "OK" after a month or so, and not continuously add up like it seems to be doing in Halo 5.
I got banned for 6 hours because of there damn servers and the new grifball map skylark glitching out on me
i dont think it ever resets ... ever
Grifballzz wrote:
I got banned for 6 hours because of there damn servers and the new grifball map skylark glitching out on me
6 hours ban suggest you have been banned numerous times in the past for DNFs or anything along the lines for the banhammer
Kihn x ju wrote:
Grifballzz wrote:
6 hours ban suggest you have been banned numerous times in the past for DNFs or anything along the lines for the banhammer
No 2 betrayal bans within the last day on Grifball. None of the betrayals were purposefully and you noe have an option to mark a person within 2 betrayals. I am not a rage quitter
Please use the ban thread to further discuss matmaking bans thanks :)