Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Where are the mods???

OP The Kishinev

There is a topic in this section of the forums that is discussing an obvious video leak in the campaign with a pretty big spoiler and it's still going well over 200 replies and staying near the top of the page.

I don't wanna be a tattletale by any means but I thought you guys said you were going to lock leaks/spoilers as fast as you could?
Well, they definitely arent here
I'm guessing because it's technically released material, it was taken from a trailer before a movie so has been released by 343i; the method used to capture it is illegal though. It's not a leak in the strictest sense of the word.
Because it's not a leak?
One7TOut wrote:
I'm guessing because it's technically released material, it was taken from a trailer before a movie so has been released by 343i; the method used to capture it is illegal though. It's not a leak in the strictest sense of the word.
By waypoints rules, its considered a leak. Its not on waypoint
Because it's not a leak?
It's a leak by Snickerdoodle's definition of a leak:

"With the approaching launch, there will inevitably be leaks that spring up all around the internet. Do not bring them to Waypoint. Unless the material is officially released by Halo Waypoint, it is considered a leak. And on this site, posting of any leaks will result in an automatic ban of at least one day. The severity of the leak can and will increase your ban length.We want the site to be a safe haven for those trying to avoid spoilers. If you want to read/post spoilers on reddit, GAF, BE, wherever, go nuts. But bring them here and you'll be on the wrong side of my banhammer."
One7TOut wrote:
And as stated, that guideline is in of itself, moronic. The Opening Cinematic was posted on Waypoint a number of hours after its YouTube debut. Were the discussions then about leaked content. How about discussing a tweet made by Frankie concerning new info not posted on Waypoint. By your arbitrary guidelines, that as well is a leak. Official press info on sitess uch as Ign, ie interviews, would also fall under that definition.

See where I'm going here?
One7TOut wrote:
And as stated, that guideline is in of itself, moronic. The Opening Cinematic was posted on Waypoint a number of hours after its YouTube debut. Were the discussions then about leaked content. How about discussing a tweet made by Frankie concerning new info not posted on Waypoint. By your arbitrary guidelines, that as well is a leak.
OK... Not my guidelines tho
Because it's not a leak?
It's a leak by Snickerdoodle's definition of a leak:

"With the approaching launch, there will inevitably be leaks that spring up all around the internet. Do not bring them to Waypoint. Unless the material is officially released by Halo Waypoint, it is considered a leak. And on this site, posting of any leaks will result in an automatic ban of at least one day. The severity of the leak can and will increase your ban length.We want the site to be a safe haven for those trying to avoid spoilers. If you want to read/post spoilers on reddit, GAF, BE, wherever, go nuts. But bring them here and you'll be on the wrong side of my banhammer."
In the same thread the mod SD said we have permission by 343 to discuss this.

Either be happy about it OP or just go dark I guess
One7TOut wrote:
And as stated, that guideline is in of itself, moronic. The Opening Cinematic was posted on Waypoint a number of hours after its YouTube debut. Were the discussions then about leaked content. How about discussing a tweet made by Frankie concerning new info not posted on Waypoint. By your arbitrary guidelines, that as well is a leak.
But that trailer was released by an oficial source (Xbox's YouTube Channel), unlike this one...

Idk we should report the mod for letting them do that its against the rules

I'm going dark soon anyways because I know one day I'll click a link and see the biggest spoiler you can imagine.
Snickerdoodle said in that very thread that it's alright to talk about that video, as for the video itself its honestly not that big of a spoiler and was clearly released to the piblic, but as someone has mentioned the method that it was obtained was clearly illegal
Snickerdoodle said in that very thread that it's alright to talk about that video, as for the video itself its honestly not that big of a spoiler and was clearly released to the piblic, but as someone has mentioned the method that it was obtained was clearly illegal
I guess it's alright then :/ still seems strange to me though.
We aren't? Well where the heck am I then? Did I slip into a Dyson sphere??? HALP!
I don't wanna be a tattletale by any means but I thought you guys said you were going to lock leaks/spoilers as fast as you could?
Oh you mean the thread I posted in?

Idk we should report the mod for letting them do that its against the rules
Sure. Report me to myself. Guess how well that's gonna go...?
We aren't? Well where the heck am I then? Did I slip into a Dyson sphere??? HALP!
I know that you guys are always around, I was just confused why it wasn't getting locked since it was breaking the rules.
Oh you mean the thread I posted in?

Yeah I know that makes me look stupid but I didn't feel like digging through pages of a thread that was discussing spoilers/leaks just to see if a mod was going to give it approval or not. I saw it as a leaked spoiler and can you blame me when it looks like someone recorded it with a calculator?
I know that you guys are always around, I was just confused why it wasn't getting locked since it was breaking the rules.
But it's not breaking the rules. It's not a leak.