Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Where are the phaetons?

OP Archon Procyon

Not sure what I’m supposed to do get phaetons to show up in my gold packs! Is there an reason I don’t get them anymore?? I’ve got the certification for the phaeton but I’m not sure what else is needed if anyone can shed some light on this problem I’d be appreciative!
What you get is all random, but you'll eventually get some again.
they are very very rare, gold packs have every available item green quality and up. The phaetons are both yellow quality, so theres 2 of them vs all the greens, all the blues and all the purples (plus the few other yellows). And the yellow ones have a lower chance as well given they they are typically so much better than the lesser quality items, like the laser scorpion is better than a generic blue quality one
Those are rare to get. All of a sudden you'll get 1 or 2 and then not see them for 6 mos. Hard to finish the commendation when you rarely get one.
Phaetons are pretty rare items to get. You’ll rarely see them in Gold packs. I think considering they’re pretty powerful that’s a good thing they’re hard to get.

Keep buying gold packs and you’ll pick them up slowly but surely. I usually save them for good matches.
Thanks for the info 👍🏻
Yup pretty rare. I have about seven saved up for Warzone Mythic.
Not sure what I’m supposed to do get phaetons to show up in my gold packs! Is there an reason I don’t get them anymore?? I’ve got the certification for the phaeton but I’m not sure what else is needed if anyone can shed some light on this problem I’d be appreciative!
I'll be honest with you dude, they're stupid rare. I didn't even get phaetons until I got their certifications and they were among the last when I was unlocking all REQ pack reqs.
Certifications don't mean much. They exist simply to bloat the REQ system. As has been said already, Phaetons have some pretty low drop rates. It's annoying, so be very frugal with them!
Phaetons are one of my last vehicle commendations. I'm SR147 and I've been opening gold packs for years but my stash of Phaetons is still pretty slim. They're extremely rare.

I wish Phaetons showed up in Big Team. Unfortunately it seems like they pulled a Halo 3 and made an air vehicle that was too overpowered for regular matchmaking.
They drop randomly. I hope you can get them soon!