Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Where is Castle Wars?

OP Alucardko

Why 343 put covenant slayer in rotational playlist? In this Post they said today will be Castle Wars in exchange for Husky Raid
Maybe the post was a typo/mistake?
Alucardko wrote:
Why 343 put covenant slayer in rotational playlist? In this Post they said today will be Castle Wars in exchange for Husky Raid
you should ask on unyshek's twiiter
Due to Husky Raids popularity, we've made a slight change to our plans.

Castle Wars will return in the near future, but we're keeping in Husky Raid and adding Covenant Slayer so that we can see how things stack up with each other.

Apologies for the confusion here!
man57er19 wrote:
Alucardko wrote:
:)
Unyshek wrote:
man57er19 wrote:
Alucardko wrote:
:)
<3
Unyshek wrote:

Castle Wars will return in the near future, but we're keeping in Husky Raid and adding Covenant Slayer so that we can see how things stack up with each other.

Ah that's pretty cool! Husky Raid is indeed a load of fun, unless Sleipnir comes up that is.
Also what's the weighting on "Sandbox Raid"? I have almost a hundred and fifty (give or take) games of Husky Raid and never got it once. Not once. Palmyra only came up what, four or five times? "Blood and Stone" is also terribly rare.
Unyshek wrote:

How come specific grouped rotationals haven't been tried yet?

For instance...
  • Rotate Big Team Super Fiesta (BTSF) with Castle Wars. Obviously, they both fit into a category of providing social big team experiences. Given the popularity of BTSF it should probably appear more often than Castle Wars. So, I'm thinking Castle Wars could rotate in place of BTSF one week a month. This guarantees that Castle Wars appears on a more consistent basis and that neither social big team experience draws potential interest from each other; thus, improving the population in both and most likely for other playlists too. This may provide an opportunity to potentially add another social big team playlist experience in the future without having to worry about its population impact on other social big team experiences. Like maybe a Big Team Action Sack playlist?
  • Rotate Super Fiesta, Husky Raid, and Hardcore Super Fiesta; plus, save the Holiday Fiesta playlist as a particular replacement during the winter holiday season. These are all focused on providing a more arena-styled Fiesta experience and ensure that a Fiesta experience is always available. Maybe allow these particular playlists to rotate amongst themselves on a week-to-week basis unless a particular one generates more interest than the others. If so, you could simply increase it's availability to two weeks before getting rotated out. This rotational group would also make for an ideal location within the social environment to potentially add a Super Fiesta FFA and a Super Fiesta Multi-Team playlist.
  • Allow the two primary Rotational playlist slots that offset each other on a week-to-week basis to be divided by thematic experience. The first group: Rock N' Rail, Shotty Snips, Covenant Slayer, Mythic Shotty Snips, Forerunner Slayer, and Triple Team. All of these playlists focus on providing a themed social slayer experience that maintains balanced starts (aka not fiesta-based). Special temporary inclusions might be Community Doubles and Community Slayer if there are new community maps to be tested or simply offered up for an experience. Also, if particular playlists aren't receiving enough interest during their rotational period to allow for healthy matchmaking you could opt to shorten its availability to 1 week instead of the customary 2 before rotating out.
  • The second group: Action Sack, Core Play, (CE) Anniversary Throwback, and Roaming King; plus, hopefully a future 1-Flag Assault playlist (hint, hint) and H2 Anniversary Throwback (major hint). All of these playlists either provide a mixed-bag of more traditionally-styled social experiences (including non-slayer based objectives) or they're only a non-slayer based objective or they involve mini-games. I could eventually see a Community Skirmish playlist combining Slayer, Roaming King, 1-Flag Assault, 1-Bomb Assault (assuming the custom community can get it working like 1-Flag), and perhaps a Ricochet-like mode too. Also, maybe you could try out the community X-Ball mode here in this matchmaking group as well. Anyways, just some ideas.
This would allow modes to cycle through more often while maintaining a better alignment of the particular experiences. By the way, I didn't include Grifball in the second group list above because I thought it might be better tried out as a rotation in the ranked environment like how the H3 Classic Throwback playlist is currently being tried out there and how the Head-to-Head playlist made a couple previous appearances. Also, I ignored the H2BR Slayer playlist because I believe it should be replaced by a Halo 2 Anniversary Throwback playlist similar to the Combat Evolved one (with all of H5's mobility freedom).
Unyshek wrote:

T-T, thanks for the response
Alucardko wrote:
Not sure hopefully they change it because covie slayer is not fun
I tried Covie Slayer last night and it was ok, not great... awful sweaty for a rotational playlist. Shoulda played Husky Raid but wanted the XP.
I know it's frowned upon to resurrect a dead thread, but I feel like in this case it's justified: has there been any update on Castle Wars' return since Unyshek's post here? It's been a while now.
This thread is less than a month old, so not very dead. I'm also curious when Castle Wars will return.
I know it's frowned upon to resurrect a dead thread, but I feel like in this case it's justified: has there been any update on Castle Wars' return since Unyshek's post here? It's been a while now.
H2 BR seems to be in now, dunno if that's still "Castle Wars isn't ready yet" or if they'll be side-by-side later.
I dont why they skip Castle Wars and put the others playlists except Castle Wars.