Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Where is the Cloaked Master Chief?

OP iHalo789

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
It was just a teaser trailer...If you saw chief straight away without the cloak people would know its another halo game. When the trailer was first shown no one knew what game it was until you heard the music/cortanas chip/chief arm.
It was a very cool reveal at E3... I bet their answer would be that it's an event that happened before the game.
But Chiefs visor was cracked on the trailer and we saw Locke break his visor on the campaign so wouldn't it be after that?
He took it off. There, I said it.
He took it off. There, I said it.
lol
None of the propaganda before release turned out to be true. It was evidently meant to sway you into the wrong direction. Especially, the whole Locke vs Chief thing. In all honesty, the whole Locke vs. Chief concept was completely elementary anyway. No reason for two UNSC Spartans to go up against each other, not when both appear to be good people in all their back stories.

That cloaked Chief is in the artwork of the loading screens that provides tips, but not in the game. I feel like a whole lot of story is missing in this game and was stripped out.

All it did was leave me with questions that can't be answered by the next game, but needed answered in this one. Why wasn't Blue Team formerly introduced to fans who don't know them? There should have been a mission where, as Chief, you had to locate Blue Team. Likely, they were all split up and had responsibilities...as a matter of fact, what were Kelly, Fred and Linda doing, prior to teaming up with Chief? How did they re-acquaint? Did they able to drop their assignments and responsibilities to help Chief? Did someone pair them back up together? Or did Chief call out to them and they abandoned their responsibilities? Did they happen to be stationed at the Infinity when they reconvene? Why was Chief alone and cloaked in the promo trailers? Was that before he hooked back up with blue team?
Staarlord wrote:
None of the propaganda before release turned out to be true. It was evidently meant to sway you into the wrong direction. Especially, the whole Locke vs Chief thing. In all honesty, the whole Locke vs. Chief concept was completely elementary anyway. No reason for two UNSC Spartans to go up against each other, not when both appear to be good people in all their back stories.

That cloaked Chief is in the artwork of the loading screens that provides tips, but not in the game. I feel like a whole lot of story is missing in this game and was stripped out.
You're probably right
Staarlord wrote:

All it did was leave me with questions that can't be answered by the next game, but needed answered in this one. Why wasn't Blue Team formerly introduced to fans who don't know them? There should have been a mission where, as Chief, you had to locate Blue Team. Likely, they were all split up and had responsibilities...as a matter of fact, what were Kelly, Fred and Linda doing, prior to teaming up with Chief? How did they re-acquaint? Did they able to drop their assignments and responsibilities to help Chief? Did someone pair them back up together? Or did Chief call out to them and they abandoned their responsibilities? Did they happen to be stationed at the Infinity when they reconvene? Why was Chief alone and cloaked in the promo trailers? Was that before he hooked back up with blue team?

Blue Team were running missions together in Escalation but they really should have explained more in-game. Not much you do with three missions, I guess...
Staarlord wrote:

Blue Team were running missions together in Escalation but they really should have explained more in-game. Not much you do with three missions, I guess...
Sorry, didnt qoute that ptoperly
He has a cracked visor in the e3 trailer, which means that was after Locke punched him in the face and cracked it. So I was hoping there was like a dlc for campaign and chief still didn't get over cortana and is still trying to find her hence the guardian in the e3 trailer and her AI chip in his hand, continuing lockes hunt for chief because hes gone awol for cortana or whatever. Therefore making that trailer after the events of halo 5 guardians.
From a previous post I made regarding how the trailers relate to the game:

Halo 5 Teaser Trailer: This ad definitely relates to the game in nearly every way. In the ad we see Chief standing on an unknown planet in an unknown area where he is holding Cortana's chip. Later on in the ad we see a Guardian pop out of the ground and that's it. This is cut and dry: Chief knows, except us, that Cortana is on the Guardians and is controlling them.
CH4RK wrote:
It was just a teaser.
It's all artsy metaphors when it comes to teasers.
I would believe that, but then I saw a bunch of awesome concept art of master chief in the cloak/poncho.
I have no clue. All the advertisements looked amazing. Maybe there is a Halo 5 coming out starring Master Chief and we just got a spin-off if it staring Locke?
I thought he had the cloak/ poncho is the 4 cover?
I mean.. you know. Every other Halo E3 footage made it into the game...
Halo CE had dinosaurs
Halo 2 had an amazing mission scrapped from the game
Not sure about Halo 3
Halo 4 reworked the story so that you meet the forerunners earlier in the game

Things change.
He has a cracked visor in the e3 trailer, which means that was after Locke punched him in the face and cracked it. So I was hoping there was like a dlc for campaign and chief still didn't get over cortana and is still trying to find her hence the guardian in the e3 trailer and her AI chip in his hand, continuing lockes hunt for chief because hes gone awol for cortana or whatever. Therefore making that trailer after the events of halo 5 guardians.
Yep
Thoynan wrote:
I thought he had the cloak/ poncho is the 4 cover?
Nope it was just plain chief
I think that's still something yet to occur in the timeline. It would make sense for Chief to be "in hiding" given the ending of Halo 5 (and look at his visor- it's cracked). Perhaps we'll see a cloaked Chief for part of Halo 6?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2