Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Which weapon would you dual-wield?

OP HaXoR73

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
NOTE: This is just for fun, I am not trying to promote dual-wielding to any extent!

Dual-wielding. From Halo 2 to Halo 3, the oh-so awesome yet oh-so overpowered ability of holding a weapon in both hands to shred your foes in a fraction of a second has been both praised and frowned upon. It's an ability that can tip the scales in your favor, but it can also break the delicate balance of a game for the others. But that has always been the case. The feeling of going in guns-blazing and tearing through crowds is exhilarating, but then again - you'd become the Oddjob of Halo.

With the introduction of the REQ system in Halo 5, we've been given a whole new bunch of (one-handed) weapons, therefore the amount of dual-wielding combinations has grown immensely. While dual-wielding has been gone since Halo 3 (and likely to never appear again), some combinations in Halo 5 would've been absolutely destructive. Whether it be the old SMGs / Magnums, Brute Plasma Rifles, Magnum + Plasma Pistol, or something along those lines, it simply goes on.

Simply put, if you had the chance the dual-wield any one-handed weapon in Halo 5, what would it be? REQ variants (Open Hand, Prophets' Bane, Whispered Truth, etc) will be allowed. And just for the Lolz, all shoulder-mounted weapons (and their REQ variants) will also be taken into consideration.

I'd personally dual-wield a pair of Energy Swords into battle - it's about time Spartans can dual-wield these things, honestly.
One-handed weapon?

*Can't choose The Answer
Dammit.

*Includes shouldered weapons
SPNKr EX.
Dual wielded storm rifles would perfect for arena wouldn't upset the balance of competitive at all
Miggy1483 wrote:
Dual wielded storm rifles would perfect for arena wouldn't upset the balance of competitive at all
The Storm Rifle is a two-handed weapon, so you'd go with Brute Plasma Rifles instead.
HaXoR73 wrote:
Miggy1483 wrote:
Dual wielded storm rifles would perfect for arena wouldn't upset the balance of competitive at all
The Storm Rifle is a two-handed weapon, so you'd go with Brute Plasma Rifles instead.
Most guns are two handed of you want to fire then effectively but I thought this was for fun dammit so let me have my dual wieldable storm rifles, i want to melt fools in a milisecond
Miggy1483 wrote:
HaXoR73 wrote:
Miggy1483 wrote:
Dual wielded storm rifles would perfect for arena wouldn't upset the balance of competitive at all
The Storm Rifle is a two-handed weapon, so you'd go with Brute Plasma Rifles instead.
Most guns are two handed of you want to fire then effectively but I thought this was for fun dammit so let me have my dual wieldable storm rifles, i want to melt fools in a milisecond
Alright, whatever floats your boat.
HaXoR73 wrote:
Miggy1483 wrote:
HaXoR73 wrote:
Miggy1483 wrote:
Dual wielded storm rifles would perfect for arena wouldn't upset the balance of competitive at all
The Storm Rifle is a two-handed weapon, so you'd go with Brute Plasma Rifles instead.
Most guns are two handed of you want to fire then effectively but I thought this was for fun dammit so let me have my dual wieldable storm rifles, i want to melt fools in a milisecond
Alright, whatever floats your boat.
Thanks brother
Hmm, duel hailstorm lölölöl
Gunfighter and SMG to make it like Halo 2.
SPNKR Prime and Prophet's Bane.

I win.
Hotrod192 wrote:
SPNKR Prime and Prophet's Bane.

I win.
That certainly works - a fast and stealthy hit-and-run setup that can wreck both Spartans and vehicles.
HaXoR73 wrote:
Hotrod192 wrote:
SPNKR Prime and Prophet's Bane.

I win.
That certainly works - a fast and stealthy hit-and-run setup that can wreck both Spartans and vehicles.
My thoughts exactly! :) I could kill anything all while being invisible with a faster movement speed, jump height and slight overshield.
Gravity hammers...
Come to think of it, where is the Spnkr trigger for it? Is the handle or something Becuase I don't see a trigger on the rocket it self?
Gravity hammers...
That works two, although your field of view would be a bit strange...then again, don't limit yourself to the standard hammers either - there's nothing stopping you from using Tartarus' Gavel.
HaXoR73 wrote:
Gravity hammers...
That works two, although your field of view would be a bit strange...then again, don't limit yourself to the standard hammers either - there's nothing stopping you from using Tartarus' Gavel.
Ok if I can use anything... Two Hunter cannons
I'd prefer no dual-wielding...but I'd take 2 Answers...

Destroy everyone
Come to think of it, where is the Spnkr trigger for it? Is the handle or something Becuase I don't see a trigger on the rocket it self?
Look at this picture. There's an orange trigger in the handgrip.

After looking at images of the M41 in previous games, I've noticed that the SPNKr didn't receive a visible trigger until Halo 5.
  • SPNKr EM and Prime
  • All Energy Swords
  • Scale of Soirapt
  • Whispered Truth/Gunfighter Magnum
  • Open Hand
  • Hailstorm
  • Whiplash (could be placed under the arm for balance)
Prophets's Bane and a Nornfang. Or CE pistol if that isn't acceptable.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10