1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. 17
  6. 18
  7. ...
  8. 19
I played a full team of Whiskeys and Saunas 3 times in a row in Warzone Assault... Ugh oh god the spawn kills s-so many.. so.. many. spawn kills. *shudders* oh the terrible memories.. I.. u-uh need to lie down. *face becomes pale, sobs*
I played a full team of Whiskeys and Saunas 3 times in a row in Warzone Assault... Ugh oh god the spawn kills s-so many.. so.. many. spawn kills. *shudders* oh the terrible memories.. I.. u-uh need to lie down. *face becomes pale, sobs*
We all feel your pain. Unfortunately it probably won't be over untill ALL the Spartan Companies have it, or 343 gives Achilles away in req packs. I'm sorry for all of us not in Spartan Companies. Everyone will say "it's your own fault for not joining a Spartan Company", but I like to play when I want, how I want, with who I want. I don't want leaders or Lieutenants telling me to stand on this spot at this base so the enemy can't spawn here while we go spawn camp them over and over and over. Then I get to put down the controller and go make myself a sandwich and take a dump while the other people in the company farm Spartans till 1,000 points is reached. Yay! What a fun way to play!
I can guarantee you that if Spartan Companies didn't exist farming would still be prevalent.
I can guarantee you that if Spartan Companies didn't exist farming would still be prevalent.
Probably so, my friend. However, that doesn't make the people on Whiskey's roster any less culpable.

Looking at this objectively based upon the lofty Spartan Company commendation standards that 343i established, is unlocking both pieces of the Achilles armor a noteworthy accomplishment? Yes, of course. Being the very first Spartan Company to do it is a remarkable feat.

On the other hand, wasn't this accomplished at a rather high price? Whiskey has been well-known for farming in pursuit of these commendations. When you triple-cap your opponents within the first few minutes of the game and ultimately have several Spartans within the enemy's core room without taking a single shot at the core itself until 16-18 minutes into the match, that is the epitome of "Unsporting Behavior" and deserves to be reported to Xbox Live accordingly.

So, is it really worth it to be able to yell "First" after repeated displaying overtly poor sportsmanship to that degree and essentially violating the Xbox Live Terms of Service? How many people had their Warzone experience completely ruined because of these childish antics? Taking it a step further, how many people stopped playing Warzone (and perhaps even Halo 5 itself) because they concluded that the matchmaking population is plagued with self-centered jerks? Personally, I know a few long-term Halo fans who had the misfortune to jump into Warzone and encounter blatant farming in their very first match. They immediately swore to never try that playlist again.

Are there some people on Whiskey's roster who didn't farm or directly support their teammates who did? Yes, no doubt. But based upon how quickly they unlocked Achilles, it is safe to say that the vast majority of them got their hands dirty. Yes, on the surface this is a tremendous accomplishment... but realistically, it is tainted.
Doomsicle wrote:
Too many companies farm, so you guys will have to wait a long time...
ya and your SC is one of those who farm and dont care for the rest of the community. you only care about your selfish desires and its going to hurt the game big time in the end.
Not sure why ppl want it so bad lol I think it looks terrible
It's probably more about what it stands for. It's like how Helioskrill was....before it was available by reqs.
ya but nice thing about the Helioscrill is it Looks 10x better then achilles. plus its still more earned then achilles is. achilles is nothing but a grind.
Yin wrote:
Yawn. It doesn't require any special skill, just playing a lot. Congrats on being the first to play a lot.
It requires a significant commitment from all players, and lots of coordination. "Skill" certainly helps progress everything faster, though!
No. just no. there is no Skill involved in grinding. its just a bunch of time spent. anyone can grind. and farming takes no skill either.
ZEROF0RCE wrote:
the Company I'm in just popped armor a week and a half ago with no 'farming' (what a stupid term anyhow). We're still pretty far away from the helmet but props to those guys for sticking with the goal.

I feel there is a lot of misplaced, jealous nonsense that gets posted on here in regards to Achilles.
its not misplaced and it certainly is not jealousy. People hate the spartan companys who farmed to get the Armor. because it shows 1 thing. Selfish desire. they are willing to hurt and ruin the game for some crap looking armor that takes no skill to acquire. because of it alot of people after it have given up or wont even wear it because its become the Armor of Shame on halo. its sad a Armor with potential has become a Batch of shame and embarrassment become these groups care for nothing else other then their Armor or Stats.
Zizzle wrote:
Spawn killing has been going on since Halo 2. To those who believe they should be banned, have their KDA reset and armor taken, allow me to say this. You kiddos are likely too lazy to find a company, too lazy to party up, and too lazy to find friends. To you kids, who believe it is "ruining Halo" this has been going on for ages. They are not cheating, you are just unable to accept the fact that this has been happening for a long while. Unable to accept the fact that there are people better than us, and teams better than ours. You would rather whine, cry and complain then actually DO SOMETHING. I don't see the "banhammer strikes" stopping half of you from hitting quit. To those who stay and fight back, kudos. You fought while your teammates abandoned you. If you are too lazy to find people to play with, than shut up, and accept what happens. Get your heads out of your bums. Are they exploiting or glitching the game to their advantage? Or modding the game to give them an edge? No? Then it isn't cheating. They are triple capping you and spawn killing. It's a strategy, done in BTB a lot back on previous Halos.

I'm done calling you whiners and criers out on your BS. I guess whiners and crybabies will be whiners and crybabies. What can I honestly expect?

Congrats Whiskey, I have fought some of your boys before and it was a pleasure. I hope I can fight more of your company in the future.
Good post. It's truth.

Be carful though, I posted something similar about "it's part of halo, got to accept it happens" and got the ban hammer for the first time in my life by snickerdoodle guy. Was cited as discrimination. Funny thing is nothing I wrote could be construed as discriminatory accept maybe... If farming is considered, by their definition, "crimes against humanity".

Only thing that it could possibly be. I asked for clarification. None was given. Pretty sure salty kids just reported and they just picked something to label it. Not unlike salty kids reporting feedback as "unsupporting conduct" for any and all things they didn't like.

Just a heads up.

Not to add fuel to the fire, but rather food for thought...

With the exception of urban gernade strat. There really isn't anything close to spawn killing in H5 like there was in Halo CE. No one was crying foul then. I think in +10 years that being politically correct has invaded gaming just like it has in real life.

Farming sucks. Been on both sides in every halo game. Don't think there is a good answer for it or you'd think it would be "fixed" by now. Well after playing H5 solo for the first couple of months and losing games to kids worse than me but better organized figured it's better to be on a team than get wrecked by one.

Thanks for the props. Nice to accomplish this as world's first. 100% team effort. Looking forward to firefight and the new monthly releases!
actually Holy. i may not agree to mos tof your post. but its not because "Salty Kids" reported you. its because the Mods are the equivalent to Trigger Happy Gun owners. they love banning people and use even the littlest of things to justify it and then spin the story around for there own benefit. here im sending you something. just so you can see their BS.
Madinogi wrote:
Yin wrote:
Yawn. It doesn't require any special skill, just playing a lot. Congrats on being the first to play a lot.
It requires a significant commitment from all players, and lots of coordination. "Skill" certainly helps progress everything faster, though!
No. just no. there is no Skill involved in grinding. its just a bunch of time spent. anyone can grind. and farming takes no skill either.
Farming requires a team to overpower their opponents to the point they are unable to adequately fight back. That means their level of skill must be multiple levels higher than that of their opponents. So yes, farming does take skill, whether anyone wants to admit it or not.
Farming requires a team to overpower their opponents to the point they are unable to adequately fight back. That means their level of skill must be multiple levels higher than that of their opponents. So yes, farming does take skill, whether anyone wants to admit it or not.
Yes, absolutely. Farming does require skill and team coordination, but that doesn't make it any less reprehensible.
Madinogi wrote:
Yin wrote:
That's why I put it into quotes; the idea of skill in this sense is understanding the sandbox and how to best complete the task at hand. Two players can power-level their way through The Division; but the higher skilled player, the one who knows the sandbox better, can do so at a more rapid rate than the other.
We played some squad with full achilles today, I went in with some random group from the LFG, and it was like 1000-50. They were awful. Achilles has no meaning whatsoever.
Run5k wrote:
Probably so, my friend. However, that doesn't make the people on Whiskey's roster any less culpable.

Looking at this objectively based upon the lofty Spartan Company commendation standards that 343i established, is unlocking both pieces of the Achilles armor a noteworthy accomplishment? Yes, of course. Being the very first Spartan Company to do it is a remarkable feat.

On the other hand, wasn't this accomplished at a rather high price? Whiskey has been well-known for farming in pursuit of these commendations. When you triple-cap your opponents within the first few minutes of the game and ultimately have several Spartans within the enemy's core room without taking a single shot at the core itself until 16-18 minutes into the match, that is the epitome of "Unsporting Behavior" and deserves to be reported to Xbox Live accordingly.

So, is it really worth it to be able to yell "First" after repeated displaying overtly poor sportsmanship to that degree and essentially violating the Xbox Live Terms of Service? How many people had their Warzone experience completely ruined because of these childish antics? Taking it a step further, how many people stopped playing Warzone (and perhaps even Halo 5 itself) because they concluded that the matchmaking population is plagued with self-centered jerks? Personally, I know a few long-term Halo fans who had the misfortune to jump into Warzone and encounter blatant farming in their very first match. They immediately swore to never try that playlist again.

Are there some people on Whiskey's roster who didn't farm or directly support their teammates who did? Yes, no doubt. But based upon how quickly they unlocked Achilles, it is safe to say that the vast majority of them got their hands dirty. Yes, on the surface this is a tremendous accomplishment... but realistically, it is tainted.
One of the commendations that takes the longest to achieve is the first strike commendation which you can't exactly farm as you need to play a lot!
If you look at the overall playtime of Whiskey compared to other Spartan Companies it's significantly higher they simply put in a hell of a lot of man hours.

The thing for me is that farming has been going on since previous Halo titles and Halo 3 had some of the worst cases I've ever seen were players could get 150 kills alone in BTB.
v Stoney v wrote:
We played some squad with full achilles today, I went in with some random group from the LFG, and it was like 1000-50. They were awful. Achilles has no meaning whatsoever.
Got the link? its all rumor or made up unless there is proof.

I did it for you, you didn't by the way lol none of those people in those 2 games of warzone today have full Achilles.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/game-history/players/v%20stoney%20v?gameModeFilter=Warzone&start=0&count=10
Madinogi wrote:
Yin wrote:
This is just exploiting the weaknesses of the game and using them against other players. Some (including myself) would call that "cheating". So your saying it takes "skill" to "cheat". Others have been much nicer in calling it un-sportsman like behavior. I just like to call it as I see it.
One of the commendations that takes the longest to achieve is the first strike commendation which you can't exactly farm as you need to play a lot! If you look at the overall playtime of Whiskey compared to other Spartan Companies it's significantly higher they simply put in a hell of a lot of man hours.
I am quite certain that there actually was a lot of genuine hard work and skill that contributed towards Whiskey being the first Spartan Company to unlock Achilles. But that doesn't change the fact that blatant farming (which their members have acknowledged) was also a significant contributing factor. As a result, the accomplishment is tainted.
The thing for me is that farming has been going on since previous Halo titles...
Of course, but just because it occurred within previous iterations of Halo doesn't make it any less reprehensible now. Should we condone it simply because it has happened in the past?
Soooo people that go into a social game mode, ruin the game for others by using spawn killing tactics get it.

Eh good for them.
Waiting on 343 to release an achillies variant. That will be a funny day
Run5k wrote:

One of the commendations that takes the longest to achieve is the first strike commendation which you can't exactly farm as you need to play a lot!
If you look at the overall playtime of Whiskey compared to other Spartan Companies it's significantly higher they simply put in a hell of a lot of man hours.

The thing for me is that farming has been going on since previous Halo titles and Halo 3 had some of the worst cases I've ever seen were players could get 150 kills alone in BTB.
I think a lot of people on here don't truly understand the meaning of farming and spawn killing. They are two different things, but can overlap.

Anyone that has played Halo 1-3 knows what spawn killing is. Spawn and die. Take a step or two maybe. Think hang 'em high on Halo CE. Other team has map control and are good shots?

Farming is going after the same achievement over and over. Want that assasination armor in H4? Keep using camo and assassinating 5-10 people a game.

The grendande insta kill on urban is spawn killing and can be farming if you need nade kills.

What people typically are talking about is spawn killing, where they can't move and die moments after spawning.

Spawn killing does happen, but far less than everyone saying that Whiskey is always farming. We are the first to get the helmet as we completed the commendations and put in more time than nearly any other company (haven't compared everyone companies total time played). Putting in the time allows one to complete more commendations than others that put in less time. Simple.

If you're putting in time, you probably improve more than people that play less. You figure out which tactics work or don't, have good communication with your team, how to get commendations you need efficiently, etc.

Mostly what people are griping about is getting triple capped and not being able to get out of their home base without dying. That's superior teamwork, map control and often higher skill compared to the other team.

If you are spawning and dying that's spawn killing and unsportsmanship

If you can't get out of your base without dying and the other team is killing enemy bosses and killing you when you try to get out? That's not spawn killing or farming. It's not unsportsmanship like. That's superior game play.

Farming would be being in the base killing or having tanks or whatever outside aimed in and killing you and not touching the core.

As much as people like to make us the poster boy of killing the game and accuse us of that "farming" (aka not coring) that's not our MO. We have an easy to remember name, we were first to unlock Achilles and we have had members not core before (We got on their case to stop). So add it all up and we have a reputation for it. Cool, but it's not what we do or how we play.

You can say what you like but where's the game clips from when Achilles was announced till this past week showing a pattern of "farming"? You'd be hard pressed to find any pattern as again that's not what we do.

I've played with randoms and been in lobbies with other companies who "farm" hardcore. I don't often hear the actual serial offenders getting heat for their constant farming. Those are the real sweaty groups everyone hates. We play casually and go after commendations. We typically don't play sweaty or try hard unless matched up with a sweaty clans. It's farm or be farmed in those instances, sometimes stalemates. Sometimes we win, sometimes we don't.

I don't mind the bad rep. It's hard to build up a good rep and easy to destroy it. Everyone wants to hate on us, so be it. Just know when you get "farmed" make sure it's actually farming. And if it is farming check the names in the lobby and it's a 95% chance there aren't any whiskey in there and 100% chance it's not a full whiskey lobby.

Again not upset having a bad rap, just setting the record straight for what it's worth. Good day and see you guys around the halo universe!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. 17
  6. 18
  7. ...
  8. 19