1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 16
  4. 17
  5. 18
  6. ...
  7. 19
Zizzle wrote:
Farming would be being in the base killing or having tanks or whatever outside aimed in and killing you and not touching the core.
As much as people like to make us the poster boy of killing the game and accuse us of that "farming" (aka not coring) that's not our MO. We have an easy to remember name, we were first to unlock Achilles and we have had members not core before (We got on their case to stop). So add it all up and we have a reputation for it.
I don't mind the bad rep. It's hard to build up a good rep and easy to destroy it. Everyone wants to hate on us, so be it. Just know when you get "farmed" make sure it's actually farming. And if it is farming check the names in the lobby and it's a 95% chance there aren't any whiskey in there and 100% chance it's not a full whiskey lobby.
We appreciate you taking the time to provide some comprehensive feedback. I think that saying "Everyone wants to hate on us" is an obvious exaggeration, although there have been some rather salty comments within this discussion thread. Most of us seem to be more level-headed than that.

For starters, I believe that I already have an accurate perspective regarding what is/isn't farming. From everything I have seen and heard, Whiskey has a roster with a lot of talented, hard-working Halo competitors who devoted a tremendous amount of time and effort towards the Spartan Company commendations. That is admirable, and definitely a proud accomplishment. However, you also have members who have openly admitted to farming in order to expedite finishing the Achilles commendations. Yes, some of them caveat their comments by emphasizing that they (allegedly) haven't done it in recent weeks, and that Whiskey leadership has threatened to expel them if they are caught. Once again that is admirable, but like it or not the damage is done. Your leadership extended a Spartan Company membership invitation to some people who apparently don't possess the same integrity and maturity level as the rest of you. As you implied yourself, it doesn't take too much to tarnish a reputation built upon a great deal of talent and hard work. People like Lance Armstrong and Marion Jones can easily attest to that.

If the leadership from Whiskey were able to step forward and say that their people never farmed their opposition while pursuing Achilles commendations, that would be very impressive... but they can't. Eventually, everyone's attention will be focused elsewhere and this entire discussion will be an afterthought. Until then, to those Whiskey members who earned that armor without any farming along the way, please accept my heartfelt congratulations.
Run5k wrote:
Zizzle wrote:
Farming would be being in the base killing or having tanks or whatever outside aimed in and killing you and not touching the core.
As much as people like to make us the poster boy of killing the game and accuse us of that "farming" (aka not coring) that's not our MO. We have an easy to remember name, we were first to unlock Achilles and we have had members not core before (We got on their case to stop). So add it all up and we have a reputation for it.
I don't mind the bad rep. It's hard to build up a good rep and easy to destroy it. Everyone wants to hate on us, so be it. Just know when you get "farmed" make sure it's actually farming. And if it is farming check the names in the lobby and it's a 95% chance there aren't any whiskey in there and 100% chance it's not a full whiskey lobby.
We appreciate you taking the time to provide some comprehensive feedback. I think that saying "Everyone wants to hate on us" is an obvious exaggeration, although there have been some rather salty comments within this discussion thread. Most of us seem to be more level-headed than that.

For starters, I believe that I already have an accurate perspective regarding what is/isn't farming. From everything I have seen and heard, Whiskey has a roster with a lot of talented, hard-working Halo competitors who devoted a tremendous amount of time and effort towards the Spartan Company commendations. That is admirable, and definitely a proud accomplishment. However, you also have members who have openly admitted to farming in order to expedite finishing the Achilles commendations. Yes, some of them caveat their comments by emphasizing that they (allegedly) haven't done it in recent weeks, and that Whiskey leadership has threatened to expel them if they are caught. Once again that is admirable, but like it or not the damage is done. Your leadership extended a Spartan Company membership invitation to some people who apparently don't possess the same integrity and maturity level as the rest of you. As you implied yourself, it doesn't take too much to tarnish a reputation built upon a great deal of talent and hard work. People like Lance Armstrong and Marion Jones can easily attest to that.

If the leadership from Whiskey were able to step forward and say that their people never farmed their opposition while pursuing Achilles commendations, that would be very impressive... but they can't. Eventually, everyone's attention will be focused elsewhere and this entire discussion will be an afterthought. Until then, to those Whiskey members who earned that armor without any farming along the way, please accept my heartfelt congratulations.
Yep, gotcha man. There has just been comment after comment in thread after tread about farming for months on end now, typically with our name attached to it. It's old and clearly not true. Just as not everyone hates or blames us. We clearly aren't the reason why "warzone is ruined", which is said a lot.

You can say our accomplishment is tainted all you want. If you're a purest, sure that's accurate. Otherwise, I bet you'd be hard pressed to find a top halo player (above average) who has not one WZ match in their record, in a company or not, where they farmed (aka did not core a team immediately). It would be very small minority.

Personally I don't diminish their skills, records or accomplishments because of that. Getting this helmet requires a lot more than just farming/"not coring". And you mentioned that, but just putting it here for others. If you chose to view it as tainted that's fine. Just know that all the other companies that will be getting the full Achilles in the near future are all guilty of farming, if not heavily so (so much so that they aren't focusing on the commendations they need to finish the unlock). Not saying it's right, but fact.

I don't know when we'll see a company unlock it that did not have 1 member participate in 1 game where not coring immediately/farming took place while said member was part of the company... and can prove it.

I sleep easy at night and people can think what they want. If a company or individual farms regularly, shame on them. If they don't, more power to them. That's my take.

P.S. you comments have a lot more insight than most. Appreciate reading it.
Yes, I confess to being a purest as far as competition is concerned. I competed in track & field at the high school, college, and professional levels. While I did, I was fortunate enough to have mentors who instilled a sense of mutual respect and sportsmanship within us. They ensured that we conducted ourselves accordingly, regardless of the outcome. Now, it is easy to look back with the wisdom of hindsight and realize that we were just extending common courtesies to our opponents, treating other people the way we would want to be treated ourselves. It's a shame that some people on Xbox Live (a disturbingly large minority) feel that they can completely ignore those principles while they hide behind the anonymity of their gamertag.
Zizzle wrote:
I sleep easy at night and people can think what they want. If a company or individual farms regularly, shame on them. If they don't, more power to them. That's my take.
People within this discussion have definitely taken some of their negative comments too far. I'm sure that they are still frustrated after being victimized by farming incidents, and I can empathize with that. Unfortunately your Spartan Company was a readily available outlet for their frustration, based upon all the reasons we discussed previously.
Zizzle wrote:
P.S. you comments have a lot more insight than most. Appreciate reading it.
The feeling is mutual, and I genuinely appreciate your feedback and as well as your insider's perspective. There have been good points on both sides of the fence, and eventually this entire scenario will be forgotten. Once again, congratulations to those Whiskey members who earned Achilles in an honorable manner, and best of luck in the future.
18 pages about this? Lol......

Achilles is so overhyped. Go ahead and wear it, i wont even notice. It looks like all the other armor and helmets.

Mark V and IV all day.
Yeah of course they are they are probably online a lot most of the people in our company went to other games like the division and black ops 3 so it's going to take a lot longer now
UNSCDF Guy wrote:
R3dMarine wrote:
Backing it up this is true congrats to Whiskey
Surprised how fast they got it.
But hopefully, other companies should start getting it too...
Meaning...less farming!
Really not to surprising. That amount of videos showing thier methods showcased everywhere

Average WA with whiskey company on Urban
UNSCDF Guy wrote:
R3dMarine wrote:
Meaning...less farming!
Really not to surprising. That amount of videos showing thier methods showcased everywhere

what......the actual. And people say that farming is fine....
UNSCDF Guy wrote:
R3dMarine wrote:
Meaning...less farming!

That vid is actually defendable. Its WZ Assault and they are defending. Are the just supposed to lie down and lose the base?
UNSCDF Guy wrote:
R3dMarine wrote:
Meaning...less farming!

wow look in the Leader board. its berserker. and hes with his teammates farming......How Pathetic. crap like this is why i despise these Companies and players. nothing more then selfish gain.
Nooga wrote:
UNSCDF Guy wrote:
R3dMarine wrote:
Meaning...less farming!

That vid is actually defendable. Its WZ Assault and they are defending. Are the just supposed to lie down and lose the base?
there is no way in hell you can defend the actions of these looser's. you can defend the base well with team work and coordination. at the same time it gives the enemy Team a fighting chance and atleast they are having fun killing people as well.
UNSCDF Guy wrote:
R3dMarine wrote:
Meaning...less farming!

i cant even watch that anymore. that is so disgusting to see. the fact these people are willing to ruin other players gaming experience for something so worthless as Achilles or Stats. really shows you these people are just Looser's in general.
it seems wearing achilles now is more like a burn mark than an accomplishment
nekrulz wrote:
For good reason lol. A Spartan Company with 100 players is still going to get Achilles in a decent yet reasonable amount of time without farming. At this point its "Spawn Kill" armor. Anyone who says spawn killing to the point where pressing X is basically the same as not pressing X needs to suffer through 4+ matches of this. It is not acceptable.
Do not create/use alternate accounts.

Spoiler:
Show
UNSCDF Guy wrote:
R3dMarine wrote:
Meaning...less farming!

yep. They can't even spawn. There are dozens of videos of this on the Halo Reddit
they farm and I prefer beer
My company wants to get the armor but it sucks when you have a small company compared to those with 90+ members who are actively playing but congrats to them!
My company wants to get the armor but it sucks when you have a small company compared to those with 90+ members who are actively playing but congrats to them!
343 recently put out a chart on Warzone statistics that shows that farming happens in less than 0.3% of all Warzone games. This means that, on average, you'd have to play more than 300 games of Warzone before running into a team that farms.
First of all, the statistics within the chart that 343i post were far from comprehensive, and inadvertently misleading. We discussed it at length here:

Achilles Armor has no bearing on Kill Farming...

Personally, I have played over 600 my teams have been farmed much more than 0.3%... probably closer to ten-times that much. During one evening a few weeks ago, we were actually farmed in four-out-of-our-last-five Warzone matches!

Last but not least, your words of wisdom might have a bit more impact if you hadn't just created a brand-new Waypoint account specifically to post this one message.
nekrulz wrote:
I hope it doesn't stay this way forever. There are lots of Achilles-oriented Companies out there that don't farm but are getting lobbed in with the rest...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 16
  4. 17
  5. 18
  6. ...
  7. 19