OP UNSCDF Guy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 17
  4. 18
  5. ...
  6. 19
Congrats members of Whiskey. Who cares how you got it
I heard that endless farming is a bannable offense now. If that's true, then I guess 343 cares how they got it, along with everyone else that was disheartened by being on the receiving end.

That said, I can't blame Whiskey for it since the Achilles achievement structure, designed by 343, changed warzone from winning and losing, to grinding and quitting... Which brings us back around to game balance.

For the love of God, @ 343, please bring an economist on board in your game design team.
Whiskey just put out a video showcasing their strategies for how they got the world's first:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT3GtlND7AU
Whiskey just put out a video showing their strategies for how they got the world's first:

Their company was started way before Achilles was announced they worked on the commendations before Achilles was announced
Nooga wrote:
UNSCDF Guy wrote:
R3dMarine wrote:
Backing it up this is true congrats to Whiskey
Surprised how fast they got it.
But hopefully, other companies should start getting it too...
Meaning...less farming!
Really not to surprising. That amount of videos showing thier methods showcased everywhere

Average WA with whiskey company on Urban
what......the actual. And people say that farming is fine....
That vid is actually defendable. Its WZ Assault and they are defending. Are the just supposed to lie down and lose the base?
That is not defendable, they're not defending the base, that's just spawn killing.
Waiting on 343 to release an achillies variant. That will be a funny day
I can't wait either! HAHAHHAA
Ahri Jisoo wrote:
Waiting on 343 to release an achillies variant. That will be a funny day
I can't wait either! HAHAHHAA
HEHEHEHEHEHEHE
Ahri Jisoo wrote:
Nooga wrote:
UNSCDF Guy wrote:
R3dMarine wrote:
Backing it up this is true congrats to Whiskey
Surprised how fast they got it.
But hopefully, other companies should start getting it too...
Meaning...less farming!
Really not to surprising. That amount of videos showing thier methods showcased everywhere

Average WA with whiskey company on Urban
what......the actual. And people say that farming is fine....
That vid is actually defendable. Its WZ Assault and they are defending. Are the just supposed to lie down and lose the base?
That is not defendable, they're not defending the base, that's just spawn killing.
Yup, and it's the reason 343 pulled Urban from rotation.
Run5k wrote:
Last but not least, your words of wisdom might have a bit more impact if you hadn't just created a brand-new Waypoint account specifically to post this one message.
This! Heists R Us posts a lengthy rant criticizing people who are crazy enough to dislike bad sportsmanship, but he/she is hiding behind a gamertag that has never played Halo 5.

Gee, I wonder which Spartan Company their real gamertag belongs to?
Do not create/use alternate accounts.

Spoiler:
Show
Zizzle wrote:
Yep, gotcha man. There has just been comment after comment in thread after tread about farming for months on end now, typically with our name attached to it. It's old and clearly not true. Just as not everyone hates or blames us. We clearly aren't the reason why "warzone is ruined", which is said a lot.
Just curious...are Whiskey company members in this video :
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/AznMvp/video/15560081

In this video, are Whiskey company members exploiting the game and spawn trapping the other team?

Is this fun for the other team?

Why would they do this?

Are you in this video as well? I think I see your name there.
Pre-post edit: This is why I can't visit these forums often. So many ridiculous posts and threads and I want to educate all of the unwashed masses, however, it gets me to type out these long winded posts that I know deep down are just a waste of my time and energy. Because even if I provide well thought out reasons and examples, it's not going to change anyone's mind or lead anyone to think about what I've said.

You see my name in there. Yay, I'm famous.

I'll answer some of your questions, cause they're simple.

Whiskey members are in that game, and spawn trapping the other team.

No, I'm sure it's not fun for the other team(when is losing ever fun).

We did it, because it was the best fullproof method of winning the game.

Seriously. Who wants to sit in the garage and defend the doorways? Who wants to run around outside and have no idea where the other team is going to spawn? The smartest choice is to limit the spawns, and kill them before they have a chance to even get close to the garage.

I've played Halo since most of you kids were potty training, I've played competitively in games where spawn camping is a legitimate strategy, and games where it was impossible to spawn camp. I absolutely despise playing slayer gametypes, because spawns can be so random, but you know what's worse? Only have 3-4 spawns for a team of 12 people, and even worse than that... Only 3-4 spawns that are easily blocked! Don't put that on Whiskey or other spartan companies, put that on the people who designed the map.

Please. I want all of you to pay attention to how good people play Halo. Watch CLG or any other top team playing scrims, what are they constantly doing in every game? Controlling spawns. If you have no control of spawns you're playing like absolute idiots, and the other team can easily flank you and turn the game in their favor. Whether it's slayer or objective, the team that holds map control and controls spawns, wins..

Watch a good team playing any gametype.. Any gametype.. They typically force people to spawn in one area.

Truth CTF- Block bubble and pink, forcing the other team to spawn below the base where they're easily held.
Rig Slayer- Block bunker and control the 'inside' of the map, force them to spawn carbine.
Rig Strongholds- Hold nest and basement, have someone sitting on carbine and watching yellow corner, they're forced to spawn bunker.
Regret Slayer- Hold Car, Pink, and one base.. They're forced to spawn the other base.
Plaza- Hold sniper and Cafe, they're forced to spawn plaza or tram

It's a strategy, one that has been used in Halo since 2001. Control spawns, control the map, win the game. It just so happens that Urban Assault gives you the ability to block off whatever spawn you want, and the ability to spawn a vehicle with unlimited grenades. In competitive gaming you use the tools you're given to win. The fact that most you people think of it as cheating or exploiting or whatever is hilarious. You really think that if EG found a way to block of spawns on The Rig except for a tiny little 20x20 space they could camp, they wouldn't do it? You think if CLG found a way to make it so no matter what, the enemy team could only spawn in a small confined space, they wouldn't do it?

Oh and BTW. I was a late addition to Whiskey. Didn't even have the game until weeks after it's release, and when I got it I had about 3-4 friends who played, and none of them played warzone. When I started playing WZ I joined solo, didn't like it so I started sending fireteam invites, before long I had made some friends and was playing in decent fireteams. Went from playing from 1 group, to many different groups, and soon started playing with a few Whiskey players.. A week later I was asked to join. Moral of the story... I don't feel that bad for people playing solo or with small fireteams, I didn't make you join up with a weak group, you chose to.

Alright. There's my rant.. Now I kinda feel dirty for even acknowledging this silliness enough to type this much out, probably won't be posting on here for a month.

Congrats Whiskey!
Whiskey just put out a video showcasing their strategies for how they got the world's first:

I honestly opened that thinking it was just a video of some randoms farming
I think it would be a great marketing campaign to have Whiskey Company sing the jingle for Farmers insurance. You know... "we are Farmers, bum, bubumm, bum, bum, bum, bum". That would be hysterical!! They could all wear shirts that say "Whiskey Company", or maybe plastic replica Achilles armor so people would know who they were. Although 99% of the population wouldn't get it, we Halo 5 players could snicker and laugh. That would be an awesome inside joke huh? Oh yeah!!
Congrats Whiskey! You ruined Warzone for myself, my family and most of my friends who play Halo 5. Good job!
Pre-post edit: This is why I can't visit these forums often. So many ridiculous posts and threads and I want to educate all of the unwashed masses, however, it gets me to type out these long winded posts that I know deep down are just a waste of my time and energy. Because even if I provide well thought out reasons and examples, it's not going to change anyone's mind or lead anyone to think about what I've said...
Whoa, drop the elitist attitude. I don't care how long you've been playing Halo; we're all Halo players here trying to enjoy a game.

1. The act of losing may not be fun but you can still have fun because you're actively participating in the game. The people in the video who were spawn trapped/killed could not participate in the game.

2. There are other ways to win the game besides jumping to the most extreme possible way, ways that don't drastically detract from the experience of others. Besides is it even a "game" if you know how to exploit a map so that the other team has no hope and you're guaranteed to win?

3. That's called playing the game the way it was meant to be played (sit in the garage and defend the doorways).

4. Warzone is an unranked, social, casual playlist.

5. The blame definitely does need to be placed on 343 for map design but attention does need to be called to the players for actively exploiting it as well. If I steal something from a store due to a lapse in camera coverage should I not be held responsible for theft if I get caught later? Yes, 343 needs to rework the spawns but that doesn't excuse the player from deciding to exploit them.

6. Spawn control is a strategy but this is spawn killing where players are instantly dying at spawn due to exploiting the way the map and spawns are laid out. Different people have different views on whether it's a "legitimate" strategy or not. I don't think it is. Also...once again...Warzone is an unranked, social, causal playlist.

7. The fact that 343 quickly took down Urban in Assault after another video of players (including some Whiskey) exploiting spawns shows that 343 recognizes that this is a legitimate issue being exploited and needs to be fixed. Warzone was not meant to be played this way.
Kudos to them! They fought hard for that armor!
THR4SHM4N wrote:
Kudos to them! They fought hard for that armor!
Please don't revive 3 year old topics thanks
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 17
  4. 18
  5. ...
  6. 19