[Locked] Who else hates halo 5's armor?

OP kilroyactual117

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 20
I absolutely hate the new armor sets 343 has dreammpt up for halo 5. They look so weird! I wish they would go back to the armor from reach. It looks so much more authentic and military, not this round, bloby, almost covenant looking crap.

comment what you think about halo five's armor.

edit: wow, this topic has become crazy popular. Keep it up.
It's some good with some bad, I'm glad they're adding new variants but kind of annoyed by the return of FOTUS.
_____
there are some really cool ones and a lot of crap but its not that bad
Hits and misses, but imo the good outweighs the bad.

Dat Valkyrie helmet do.
krazoic wrote:
It's some good with some bad, I'm glad they're adding new variants but kind of annoyed by the return of FOTUS.
I too am glad that they're adding more variants, but it all still looks way to clean and rounded to be military armor.
A lot of the armor is just downright strange, I can't look at most of it and think "That's a Spartan." If there's anything I don't like about 343, it's that they can't design armor well.
Rhydon65 wrote:
A lot of the armor is just downright strange, I can't look at most of it and think "That's a Spartan." If there's anything I don't like about 343, it's that they can't design armor well.
Exactly! It needs to look worn, battle hardened, and represent a spartan the way their characters are portrayed.
krazoic wrote:
I too am glad that they're adding more variants, but it all still looks way to clean and rounded to be military armor.
To clean and rounded to be military armor? What you expect every single piece of armor from now to the 2500's to be metal boxes? The new armor is meant to be sleek. And military armor doesn't have to be box shaped. Look at almost any ancient Roman or Greek, especially cough cough Spartan armor cough cough and it is very curved.
krazoic wrote:
To clean and rounded to be military armor? What you expect every single piece of armor from now to the 2500's to be metal boxes? The new armor is meant to be sleek. And military armor doesn't have to be box shaped. Look at almost any ancient Roman or Greek, especially cough cough Spartan armor cough cough and it is very curved.
Ok, even if you don't liek box armor, you've got to admit it doesn't look likes it's been through battle, it's just way too clean. And why you would want armor to look that speak is odd to me. It would appear to impede utility and ease of manufacture.
My favorite helmet ever is the LOCUS helmet from 4, glad they brought it back( and for anyone lucky enough to get it)and with that being said...what's the point in making your armor a certain color when 80% of it is now white and you cant do anything about it. I Miss the old X on the face not this whited out sorry excuse for a paint job. Let me customize all the colors and I'll be happy.
Yeah, I miss the days of Reach and the I took in unlocking new armour.
I just had a glance through all of the armour on the Halo 5 site and it's just awful. Nothing like it should be, most Spartans actually look the same.
At least with Reach you could have your individuality.
krazoic wrote:
Ok, even if you don't liek box armor, you've got to admit it doesn't look likes it's been through battle, it's just way too clean. And why you would want armor to look that speak is odd to me. It would appear to impede utility and ease of manufacture.
Yeah, a knight in shining armour has never had his metal tested.
I doth totally agree.
343's art style is very, very poor. I prefer the Halo 3 armor style and it's sad to see that that'll never happen again. It seems 343 is hellbent on Halo 4 armor which I find absolutely repulsive.
My favorite helmet ever is the LOCUS helmet from 4, glad they brought it back( and for anyone lucky enough to get it)and with that being said...what's the point in making your armor a certain color when 80% of it is now white and you cant do anything about it. I Miss the old X on the face not this whited out sorry excuse for a paint job. Let me customize all the colors and I'll be happy.
I agree, locus was cool, and the paint schemes are super messed up.
krazoic wrote:
Spartan armor? FOOL true Spartans wear a diaper, sandals and a helmet. Only weaklings need armor.... lol but yea they actually have agile armor like a chest plate mainly to allow their spears to be efficient.
I really just don't understand this company's deaf ear to feedback. The vast majority of people on here criticize the Halo 4 armor and usually say Reach or 3 is the one to actually emulate. But this company purely doesn't listen for some reason.
krazoic wrote:
Spartan armor? FOOL true Spartans wear a diaper, sandals and a helmet. Only weaklings need armor.... lol but yea they actually have agile armor like a chest plate mainly to allow their spears to be efficient.
Lol
I really just don't understand this company's deaf ear to feedback. The vast majority of people on here criticize the Halo 4 armor and usually say Reach or 3 is the one to actually emulate. But this company purely doesn't listen for some reason.
It's up to us to make them
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 20