Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Who else pre-ordered a Xbox One Day 1 Bundle?

OP F22 Raptor X1

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
No need to pre-order it. Halo 3 is on xbox 360.
Quote:
Not me, and I never will! I'll be sticking with the PS4 and Wii U; superior, inexpensive, consumer-friendly products with great franchises and trustworthy companies to back them up.
then i guess we won't expect to see you in these forums again??
I got the Xbox One Day One bundle. The PS4 looks great, but the One has better exclusives, in my opinion.
Quote:
Quote:
Why would you ever get an Xbox one?

- $100 more expensive than PS4
- forced online for new games, limited offline play
- No used games (may or may not, depending on publisher)
- no sharing games with friends
- No private selling of games (forced to use Gamestop/big corporation creating a monolpoly on used sales)
- Pay for online
- Kinect that watches and records you 24/7

It may not be worth it for Halo 5, especially with destiny.
-$100 price delta includes Kinect
-I'm always online now. Have never played offline
-Have never bought a used game
-Can share with friends if online
-I don't think I've ever let, let alone sold a game
-We both pay for online now
-We can choose what's shared and what's not, or put a hat over it.

Destiny is more reminiscent of boarderlands than Halo. It looks fun and certainly beautiful, but my level of interest just isn't quite there yet.

I didn't even buy a 360 until H3 came out. Halo is the primary reason I even play console games today. I know a lot of people are excited for PS4, but the lack of Halo is a major con for me. I'm not sure I could ever find something to fill that void on the PS4 side. And? There's nothing that says we can't own both. This is not an either/or scenario for me.

Honestly, I think it's way too early to hitch our wagons to anything. It would be very premature to vest so much into something we essentially have only very little high level details about. I may wait a while. Give devs and publishers time to release some games, see some footage, and hear some reviews. Jumping on new technology at release assumes a lot of risk. We don't know what potential problems there will be, hardware (RRoD), software (Sony security), or otherwise.
I, I, I, me, me, me...

Nothing you state changes the fact that microsoft is removing your consumer rights.
Show me where all this mythical job's are around my area then sure I'll pre-order right now but until then I'm waiting a year until Halo 5 turn's up since game's for next gen are severly over-priced.
Quote:
I, I, I, me, me, me...

Nothing you state changes the fact that microsoft is removing your consumer rights.
But only Sony games are region and DRM free (and checkup free) on the PS4, not all games like it was alluded to.

MS isn't infringing on any rights, it has stated its system's intended to use. A system similar to the one used by PC games right now.
Quote:
Show me where all this mythical job's are around my area then sure I'll pre-order right now but until then I'm waiting a year until Halo 5 turn's up since game's for next gen are severly over-priced.
How are they over-priced? They are the exact same price as current games.
Quote:
Why would you ever get an Xbox one?

- $100 more expensive than PS4
- forced online for new games, limited offline play
- No used games (may or may not, depending on publisher)
- no sharing games with friends
- No private selling of games (forced to use Gamestop/big corporation creating a monolpoly on used sales)
- Pay for online
- Kinect that watches and records you 24/7

It may not be worth it for Halo 5, especially with destiny.
honestly? because I personally think that XboxOne has better games planned out I mean did you even see Titanfall?? and I am hoping Halo5 will be better that Halo4.

Also I am getting both consoles and may even pick up a WiiU considering they are making Super Smash Bros. again :)
I'll definitely preorder the Xbox One soon along with Ryse and Dead rising 3.

Was especially impressed with Ryse. Just cut back on the QTE a bit and I'll be pretty happy.
Got mine pre-ordered.

Really looking forward to Battlefront!

Been waiting for years for the next continuation of the series.
Quote:
AND Sony just confirmed that an optional DRM program is available for any party to use it if they choose. PS4 isn't exactly free to trade and share games, it's only for the developers that allow their games to move around and through which price (free or very cheap, up to expensive).

source? i dont doubt it and figured they would eventually. there is no doubt in my mind this is publisher driven.

this is essentially the same thing MS has done. they just turn it on by default to allow non disc play. but if this is true it will only be a matter of time before publishers default it on on ps4 and you dont get the no disc option.
Not me. I'm going to get a PS4 first and maybe get the Xbox One once there's a price drop or Halo 5 is released.
Quote:
I wish. I won't have the money by then. I'm currently jobless. I also have to get a new tv since xbox one is HDMI only. thats 600$ right there not including taxes on both AND the games i want. If i'm lucky ill have the money to have battlefield 4 for the 360 this october.
You don't have to spend such a large amount for a TV, just get a monitor with low input delay and save yourself $400.
I pre-ordered mine in full, so i don't have to worry about paying once I get it. Although, i'm still feel that what i did was unwise. A lot of money was dished out.
Quote:
Quote:
AND Sony just confirmed that an optional DRM program is available for any party to use it if they choose. PS4 isn't exactly free to trade and share games, it's only for the developers that allow their games to move around and through which price (free or very cheap, up to expensive).

source? i dont doubt it and figured they would eventually. there is no doubt in my mind this is publisher driven.

this is essentially the same thing MS has done. they just turn it on by default to allow non disc play. but if this is true it will only be a matter of time before publishers default it on on ps4 and you dont get the no disc option.
http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/11/4419476/playstation-4-third-party-publishers-can-dictate-their-own-drm-terms

Quote:
The PlayStation 4 won't have any DRM restrictions for Sony's first-party games, but third-party publishers will dictate their own DRM policies when releasing games on the platform, Sony America CEO Jack Tretton just said on GameTrailers.

"Well, I mean, we create the platform, we've certainly stated that our first-party games are not going to be doing that, but we welcome publishers and their business models to our platform," Tretton said. "There's gonna be free-to-play, there's gonna be every potential business model on there, and again, that's up to their relationship with the consumer, what do they think is going to put them in the best fit. We're not going to dictate that, we're gonna give them a platform to publish on.

"The DRM decision is going to have to be answered by the third parties, it's not something we're going to control, or dictate, or mandate, or implement," Tretton added.

This policy sounds similar to what exists on PlayStation 3 today — for example, EA notably implemented an Online Pass system as a method for limiting online access to secondhand purchasers. Publishers also have similar freedom on PCs, where consumers can choose to support games whose DRM policies they find appropriate.

Tretton received a standing ovation at yesterday's Sony E3 press conference after announcing that gamers would be able to share their games as they wished without worrying about licenses or 24-hour checks — policies adopted by the Xbox One that have proven fairly unpopular for Microsoft's platform. Today's comments seem to walk that announcement back somewhat, giving third-party publishers leverage to use their own copy protections on the platform; though the PS4 still won't have platform-wide restrictions like the aforementioned daily online checks.

We've reached out to Sony to clarify exactly what kinds of policies publishers will be able to implement on the PS4.

Update: Sony responded to our query, reiterating that all disc-based games will be able to be traded and resold at the owner's discretion, regardless of whether it's first or third party.

"Similar to PS3, we will not dictate the online used game strategy (the ability to play used games online) of its publishing partners," a Sony representative told Polygon. "As announced last night, PS4 will not have any gating restrictions for used disc-based games. When a gamer buys a PS4 disc they have right to use that copy of the game, so they can trade-in the game at retail, sell it to another person, lend it to a friend, or keep it forever."

The Sony representative also confirmed that the Online Pass program used in some Sony first-party games on PS3 would not be used at all for its titles on PS4.
What they lawyer is saying is that all fees are at the discretion of the party... Which is the same for X1.
The difference is is that MS has laid out how it runs its IP on the X1, Sony has explained how their IP is ran on their PS4 and neither is free of DRM or fees, nor is the X1 bound by fees, though DRM using.

If you play Destiny, you're always online to play, so that's something to think about.
Quote:
Why would you ever get an Xbox one?

- $100 more expensive than PS4
- forced online for new games, limited offline play
- No used games (may or may not, depending on publisher)
- no sharing games with friends
- No private selling of games (forced to use Gamestop/big corporation creating a monolpoly on used sales)
- Pay for online
- Kinect that watches and records you 24/7

It may not be worth it for Halo 5, especially with destiny.
Because all my friends play Xbox. Oh, and quit being a Bungie fanboy. Destiny really didn't look that good.
I'm gonna soon. I Have about 220 right now. I need to go to gamestop later.
why dont you guys preorder on amazon or some other website. they dont bill your cc until it ships so you dont need the money now. and if the price drops you get the lowest price.
Quote:
why dont you guys preorder on amazon or some other website. they dont bill your cc until it ships so you dont need the money now. and if the price drops you get the lowest price.
Gamestop allows you to pay it off however you want (after a certain downpayment), and it too passes on any price drops. My Halo 4 360 was originally going to be 399.99 last year, but dropped with the holiday special that Microsoft had.

Quote:
I'm gonna soon. I Have about 220 right now. I need to go to gamestop later.
Better hurry. My friend's GS had sold out by the time he got their last night, and mine was sold out today (thankfully I had pre-ordered right after the conference).
Quote:
Not me, and I never will! I'll be sticking with the PS4 and Wii U; superior, inexpensive, consumer-friendly products with great franchises and trustworthy companies to back them up.
In that case, you don't really have any reason to be here, bye!

EDIT: @OP, I'm not sure when I'm going to preorder, but hopefully soon!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5