Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Why 343i's h5g map remixes replacing map remakes?

OP LIGAS of EARTH

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Its cheaper and less time consuming
The same has been said for map remakes.
It does seem like 343I treats old maps like lepers.
I mean they avoid using them like they have the plague or something.
Maybe there's royalties or residuals for Bungie if old maps get reused?
Remakes are still maps built from scratch. Remixes are the same maps essentially but with a alterations. They don't play the same, but they look almost the same.
capmike1 wrote:
l Jinxed I wrote:
capmike1 wrote:
capmike1 wrote:
JohnDang55 wrote:
And what map remixes do we actually have? The only thing that's close to a remix are the warzone assault maps being remixes of warzone. I'm just happy that the fifth warzone assault map won't be a remix.
343 industries has done a good job making new maps otherwise.
Are you -Yoinking!- joking or trolling? Or both? Honestly I'm curious I'm not trying to be offensive

Overgrowth - remix of plaza (and worst map in the history of gaming, I hate overgrowth more than anything in this game even Spartan charge but I digress)
Riptide - remix of Fathom
Stasis - remix of Torque
Molten - remix of the Rig, probably

I knew the "Remix Haters" would be out in force with Molten being announced. You can stop now, because The Rig is a remix of Molten, you have been playing on a remix since launch!
I knew a silly 343i supporter was going to isolate parts of my post and use it as a way to try and incite something. Next is going to come the defense of "oh I stopped reading the whole post because you're obviously hating" but here's what I actually said - I said those maps ARE in fact remixes, I said that I personally hate overgrowth, not because it's a remix but because it's a miserable excuse for a map - my personal opinion. It doesn't matter that the Rig is a remix, because even though it's competitive it's one of my personal least favorites. I also said that I had positive feelings towards this update because Stasis is actually an improvement. Next time you try to be clever, please read the whole post and take it in. The point was that there are too many remixes when the demand is there for remakes, which is something the forums have been buzzing about. I'm glad you're ok with 343 being cheap and dumping remixes into the game, but I am not when such a thing as high citadel and narrows exist in forge and are simply FANTASTIC, both in build quality and how they work with halo 5 gameplay. That being said, those of us that do not support 343 decisions can still be capable of excitement for new content, which the game has been lacking and desperately needs! Thank you, ffs:)
We aren't going to get remixes because the community roasts 343i when they miss the monthly deadlines. With remixes, they can keep the barebones structure and simply edit the playspace and art. People also yell at 343i when they use Forge to make maps, and yell at each other when they tweak the maps to work with Halo 5's mechanics. This community is broken, primarily because people like you refer to others as "silly 343i supporter" like there is something wrong with it.

Go download your "FANTASTIC" maps (Narrows is awful in Halo 5 btw) and play with your buddies in customs.
Why do you want the same map advertised as new when they can make a real new map? Why would take forge maps when we have the tools to make them ourselves?
Because the maps are completely different play-wise... nothing except the outer shell and large structures such as the bases on Regret are the same, which decreases development time and allows us to get more maps faster.

For example, I think Stasis is MUCH better than Torque is, I would have had to live with Torque if all they made were new and original maps.
They look almost exactly the same. That is not diverse. The maps don't play completely different, for example Truth and Regret, or Torque and Stasis. They play almost exactly the same. Stasis is only better because you are able to get to the sides quicker. These updates are a joke, and what's worse is this community being OK with them.
getatme94 wrote:
from my understanding, 343 does not have the licenses for the old maps? weren't those bungie made maps? wouldn't they have to pay bungie to put tose makes in the game, it is far cheaper, to just double up on your own original map. (the reason truth was such a hype inclusion)

yes 343 ported up the master chief collection, but that is different then making a brand new game. i honestly don't think they are legally allowed to.

of course this is just an assumption and not based on fact. so i could be completely wrong haha
Are you sure? Ragnarok was a Valhalla clone and it was in h4
If all the new 343-made maps weren't complete trash, I wouldn't care.
Most of Halo 5's maps look like they were based directly from CoD and have no ties to the campaign or storyline whatsoever. Most Halo maps were derived from popular campaign missions or made to add a new location to the universe.
I'd rather have remakes. since sulen be very boring remixes
Yeah I'd rather have remakes as well.
agree'd > 343i are lazy @$$ MF
Maybe because older maps wouldn't work well without making them drastically different. Who cares anyways, almost all the remixes play differently from their parent map, isn't that what matters most?

Also Forge has the capacity to remake maps, if you want a remake you can download it off the file browser. Hell you can even remake all the 343i made maps in forge too.
I mean, Hang em High works pretty damn well. I've seen some really good remakes- I forgot what my favorite is called but it is absolutely perfect for Halo 5, strangely enough.
Typically in this era of the extended franchise online shooter the trend is to see old maps remade from game to game whether they are part of the game's launch or it's subsequent DLC.

343I has taken another route, a route which is different, this route is the map remix.

Halo 5 has map remixes instead of remakes, just think about it and let it settle in.

Hopefully 343I adds a heck of a lot more community forged remakes soon.
I hate the remixes though. I don't want the same layout for nearly every map, just with different aesthetics.
If all the new 343-made maps weren't complete trash, I wouldn't care.
Most of Halo 5's maps look like they were based directly from CoD and have no ties to the campaign or storyline whatsoever. Most Halo maps were derived from popular campaign missions or made to add a new location to the universe.
You contradict yourself completely. The only Halo maps that had any relation to the campaign were those in Halo: Reach.

And "no ties to the storyline or campaign," as you said, is the exact same as adding "a new location to the universe."
Id rather have new remixes than remakes of remakes. I'd prefer brand soanking new maps above all else first tho.
This. When the only other content is modes, and reskinned vehicles and weapons with different traits is it really so hard to get a new map or two out?
Or they could make brand new maps, but hey that's alot of work and the community of fanboys might not like that.
Literaly came to this site to see if anyone was complaining about the same thing. I dont even really need remakes just I'm sick of the remixes and poorly forged maps like pegasus still being frequently played in Slayer and Arena. Forge has been out long enough for amazing maps to have been made and extensivly play tested and intergrated into real playlists. An example of the communities competency and the success of community maps in playlists is the community doubles event going on now.

The game has so much potential with the weakest point being the maps (in my opinion) and they have given the community the tools to easily remedy this yet theyve seemingly ignored it. Remixes are lazy, uninspired, and quite confusing for people who dont play often. So why not dip into the vast number of awesome unique player made maps?
I would rather have remakes because currently I feel like I play one map then play it again with a different skin, there just isn't enough variety in maps.
The reason 343 are doing this is to ease the stress on the map designers. More often than not it takes a lot of refinement to make a good map, especially in Halo's case. And to focus on either on the aestethics, features or other workloads rather than completely designing a level is what they are doing. I don't directly mind the remakes, but I wish 343 was more bold in both the map design and look/feel.
It's an easier way to make new maps. They can reuse assets and modify pre-existing map design layouts. While I don't like this method, I can't blame them for resorting to it with such a busy schedule.
These maps have been in development before the launch of Halo 5. If you go back and watch The Sprint Episode 3-4 you'll see a lot of the remakes that were already in development before the games launch. -- I have mixed feelings about this quite honestly.
Its good to see new maps but its good to see classic maps too.
Many maps have kind of the same objects like the bases in Eden and empire
It's an easier way to make new maps. They can reuse assets and modify pre-existing map design layouts. While I don't like this method, I can't blame them for resorting to it with such a busy schedule.
And we didn't have to pay one single map so we can't be angry :D
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4