2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 17
because 90% of what is comming out in DLC is stuff that should of been in day 1 and then some of the maps are just redux of current maps.
I much rather have free dlc and have other people spend their precious money on gold packs , than buying a 10$ dlc with a couple of maps I could've made easily with forge. Halo 4 's dlc suffered heavily from this I regret buying dlc for that game.
oh and not to mention, yeah it's free, but unless you've got all past reqs good luck getting the new stuff anytime soon. unless you pay $20 for a pack that gives you reqs from that dlc... oh and you need to buy it 4 times to get all the items.
They hold Updates back to keep the Game fresh otherwise the Game would've died in a Month
If you can't develop a game that last longer than a month, you got some serious problems to deal with internally...

I believe this applies to 343 pretty well. Too much obsession on monitization and eSports, not enough love for the actual game or players...

That's just my opinion though...
^this guy. he's got it figured out.
i would rather pay for good dlc than get free weak dlc
This is why the halo communtiy is falling apart.
I would rather pay for good dlc but it separates the community if u remember halo 3 once their isn't a dedicated playlist for Dlc you hardly play those maps. All that is missing is KOTH, team objective and for the love of God team doubles.
i love the free updates and how they're keeping everything fresh month by month, now i don't agree with them having playlists like fiesta and team snipers for limited times but thats a different subject
Fortunately, whatever part of the brain or emotional infrastructure that causes people to get upset about DLC, free or not, I simply do not have. Thats not to say I don't understand why people get mad, I do! I get the financial implications and the manipulative nature of using DLC the way it is being used, and if I were to right a thesis about it, I could persuade anyone of its unfairness. But fortunately I just can't help myself but not to not care that much. Personally. Key word there, personally. What annoys me more, is releasing sequel after sequel with barely any updates, that only leaves you thirsting for the next sequel. Not looking at Halo here, plenty of other examples. *cough* Battlefront *cough*. Online games, such as GTAV for example, that are maintained and updated and kept alive so that players want to come back and play it even after a long time, is a much more effective and useful approach. It shows the developers care about their game and it gives fans a reason to download things like stat apps and pay more focused attention to their virtual entertainment profiles. Because 12 months from now, it will still matter.

DLCs, to me, are just more updates. Whether it cost or not is not as important as whether the DLC was good or not. I am not a WoW player, but I admire the longevity of the game and the endurance of its fan base. I often compare other multiplayer experiences to this. Constant attention and updates keep games alive. The console social community for a game is never as alive and loyal as most PC games, but when a game receives the attention that say GTA does, it definitely gets a hell of a lot closer.

Personally, I'd love to see Halo become like that. A game that my friends and I are still playing years from now. Rather than Halo 6, then 7, then 8 etc......I'd rather a single Halo experience that is expanded and updated. If people don't like that.....well I guess its just a difference of opinion.
I love the free dlc
Jonah48532 wrote:
Why are people upset about free DLC would you rather have to spend money on buying new content?
Because it should have been at launch. They say this but you can really argue it about all dlc for any game, I love the free dlc it gets me to keep playing month after month so they are doing something right.
I am upset about free DLC not because it is free. I am upset about the quality of content they have provided us. The maps are terrible.
Quote:
Personally, I'd love to see Halo become like that. A game that my friends and I are still playing years from now. Rather than Halo 6, then 7, then 8 etc......I'd rather a single Halo experience that is expanded and updated. If people don't like that.....well I guess its just a difference of opinion.
I've played TF2 for most of its lifespan so I understand the appeal of that model.

At the same time for various reasons I don't think I approve of it as a model for Halo. For starters one of the main reasons I buy the new games is because of some naive hope they'll somehow be better than the last ones...if they just kept giving us new content for Halo 4 then I'd be long gone because the core gameplay of that game is mediocre and outside of major fundamental overhauls no content update is going to fix that.
This is why the halo communtiy is falling apart.
Amen to that.
Meta Yoda wrote:
Something about a gift horse and its mouth.
What about a gift half of a horse?
Jonah48532 wrote:
Why are people upset about free DLC would you rather have to spend money on buying new content?
Yes, actually. Because if they charged for it there would be
A) more content each update or drop
B) better quality content (for this I mean by way of maps and some REQS etc) not calling the addition of Infection poor quality, glad it's here)
and
C) A complete opinion and superficial speculation, but more diverse content. Don't drop weapon skins in an 'exclusive' pack that a lot of people paid money for, and then give it out in an update, and don't give us a ton of skins and justify a 'larger' update because of it - ya it's cool, but I'd rather have one or two more maps each update than 7+ weapon skins. (Yes I know the development times and assets needed for both of those things would he drastically different.)
I am upset about free DLC not because it is free. I am upset about the quality of content they have provided us. The maps are terrible.
Amen
zRiggsZ wrote:
i would rather pay for good dlc than get free weak dlc
Yes, that's the phrase right there.
Because honestly these "Free updates" feel like nothing compared to actual paid DLC content. Like real maps, not forge from the community.

And a bulk of them are just reqs that end up making 343i more money.
EndersEye wrote:
mostly because the free DLC is putting things in the game that should have been in at launch. it's kinda like they're holding back stuff that was already in the game and just putting it in monthly updates (this does not apply to all things, but griffball, infection, the UI, ect)
What a bunch of rubbish... If you really think about it... Do you want another broken game like MCC or would you prefer to play what is available and something that works? Atleast its all working so stop complaining... 343 i would prefer you to take time on working on playlists that actually work rather than something being useless to use... every single day its complaint after complaint... Hope one day when people grow up they can understand challenges and problems that occur and straight away get people complain to them regardless to how hard they work.. Karma is coming... Lol
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 17