OP Jonah48532

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. ...
  6. 17
Jonah48532 wrote:
Why are people upset about free DLC would you rather have to spend money on buying new content?
Because most of this "DLC" is either community made maps, remixed maps, or fixes and modes that the LAST GAMES had at launch. The fact that we had to wait an extra seven months for Infection is ridiculous, your telling me they seriously couldn't balance it out in the three years of Dev Time they had? We've only gotten two legitimate Arena maps since launch, and two Warzone maps, one of which barely even appears in rotation due to a lack of a vote system WHICH THE PREVIOUS TITLES HAD.
Look, I might be being too hard on 343i. For all I know, they really wanted to make a complete experience, but had their art torn apart by bad management and corporate decision. But, if they seriously couldn't balance simple modes like Big Team Battle, or Grifball, which is defined as the laziest sport in the canon because it is literally just a box, with eight guys with hammers, and a ball, at launch, then we need to seriously question the capability of the devs we have.
The fact remains:
We were given an incomplete game. We were then given what wasn't finished in time as "DLC." If we want better games we need to hold developers to a higher standard than this. Otherwise, we're doomed to repeat these arguments for Halo 6.
I agree. Halo has fallen apart imo. I think the devs are trolling us with this "we should be happy with this free DLC stuff" everyone knows this free DLC content has no value at all. Imagine if a game company sells an unfinished game for full price, and then charge extra for bug fixes or completed content. I believe 343i knows this content is not worth money; that is the reason it's free imo. Its seems this company is more in to marketing than making games work properly.
I suggest not to come out with a Halo 6 unless it's FREE.
Jonah48532 wrote:
Why are people upset about free DLC would you rather have to spend money on buying new content?
Precedent for the most part.

It's not about it being free, which honestly if they did charge for these updates they would be crucified by the backlash. It is just the vocal disappointment by the remaining members of the community that have watched a game that could've had great potential, yet again stumble, within a month of launch.

You have a good point about rather spending money...but Halo is being beaten, in terms of popularity, by 2 games that offer free updates and paid DLC, so obviously paid DLC really isn't the issue for the majority of gamers out there. While paid DLC might have split the population before, a barebones launch with free updates, seems to be driving a large part of the population away before the updates even launch.

Actual discussions about things like this are important to help the franchise grow. There is a reason 343 says things like "If there is enough demand for it...". My only issue with all of this is that there is enough information out there for 343 to not "need" to hear if there is enough demand.
Because if I had to buy the DLCs it'd make it infinitely more easy to stop playing the game.
343i is ignoring their community and thats what irks me the most. They're also adding content that is purely aesthetic rather than fixing problems in the mechanics in the game itself, some of which being custom lobby spawns, lagging out of a server and then being banned, and then there are things that are definitely more opinionated such as say, the req system. Play play play play play, open a random pack be disappointed with the outcome, play play play play open another pack, well -Yoink- thats not what i want, play play play play play, WELL -Yoink- THATS NOT WHAT I WANT, I GUESS ILL BUY SOME REQS. You grind for the HOPE of getting something good, the armor system on reach is definitely different and in my opinion BETTER. The way this armor acquisition system is designed to have people get frustrated and spend their money on the game. To which I ask you, what do they do with the money they milk out? They definitely aren't adding new maps, let alone good ones, they aren't fixing mechanics within their game, kinda makes you wonder. AND IM JUST GONNA ASSUME YOU'VE NEVER PLAYED REACH, because there weren't phaetons and there weren't "Brute Plasma Rifles". Wanna know what I remember from Reach? I remember having DANCE PARTIES WITH THE COVENANT IN THE CLUB IN ALEXANDRIA, I remember FLYING PELICANS AND PHANTOMS on the same map, and i remember having a good old BLARGO STEAK over the fire after a good hard day of CLAN WARS.
If you're asking why we're complaining about free DLC, you either don't care about the game thats being utterly ruined by people that don't care about their community and just want more money, or you're too -Yoinking!- young to understand the path the franchise is going, and if the latter is true, then you are two young to be playing Halo.
REKT
Damn, get rekt.
Nothing is going to change content not being present at launch. I'd still rather get content "we should have had" for free than to have to pay for it later.
Believe it or not, there was such a time when we did get the content that "we should have had" with the base game on the day it was released. imagine that. Getting a completed game, on the day it is released! Wow! What a concept.

But seriously, are we really at the point where it's ok to excuse these kinds of -Yoink- business practices with the rationalization, "Oh, well. It could be worse."

We should all expect better from these game companies. It's their job to earn our money, not our job to earn their effort.
Allen18812 wrote:
Jonah48532 wrote:
I think people just need to quit feeling entitled to everything and work with what you have.
If Halo 6 ships with nothing but Slayer, I'm totally going to quote you with this.
that will never happen
I thought Halo shipping with neither assault nor infection would ever happen, but look what happened at launch?
No one's complaining about free dlc. They're complaining about the quality of the "free dlc". It's not up to the standards that we have come to expect form the Halo franchise. It's nothing but variants, reskins, remixes, and adding things that have been in previous games.

Nothing necessarily new except for what, like one or two original maps, maybe?
Rhydon65 wrote:
EndersEye wrote:
mostly because the free DLC is putting things in the game that should have been in at launch. it's kinda like they're holding back stuff that was already in the game and just putting it in monthly updates (this does not apply to all things, but griffball, infection, the UI, ect)
The fact that people still say that makes me think that we're going to be well into Halo 6 and people will still say "X should have been in Halo 5 at launch!" heheheh. Back on topic, another reason is that they feel that the DLC adds a bunch of stuff to the REQ system which over-saturates it and makes it more likely that someone impatient will buy a pack with real money, and those are the people who hate microtransactions altogether.
Infection was literally -Yoinking!- released a few weeks ago. Are you really saying that we are unjustified in saying that?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. ...
  6. 17