3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 17
I don't know man, people are crazy.
At first I was a little against it, but the system is setup to work well for a long period of time. Yes, some content was definitely time gated so they could have guaranteed stuff for the updates. They've worked on tyrant, torque, stasis and noctus for two years. And we know they are working on a rig remix.

But I will withold judgement until a year or two from now. Why? Because halo 5 is a sevice. If people keep buying the game and req packs, content will keep trickling out. It's not going to be 3 new maps a month, but 3-4 new maps every 9 months isn't terrible, considering it is free**

With the old way of doing things, do you think we would have ever gotten a brute plasma rifle post launch? Throw back br and 4 spanker variants? No way.

I support the model, for now. But ultimately time will tell. If they are releasing stuff 2 years from now still (and scaling req pack strength accordingly) I will say it's a good model for both player and company.
Allen18812 wrote:
Jonah48532 wrote:
I think people just need to quit feeling entitled to everything and work with what you have.
If Halo 6 ships with nothing but Slayer, I'm totally going to quote you with this.
that will never happen
That's what we thought about split-screen, but look where we are now.
Because they'd rather pay money for something better.

XD
Jonah48532 wrote:
One-

It isn't free, you paid $60 for an unfinished game. And if you don't like that, it is microtransaction funded (paid for by someone else)

Two-

Bad quality; Halo 3 offered is quality maps every three months or so for like $10 each. Halo 5 offers us microtransaction funded crap (remix maps of ones we already have, easy to make emblems and weapon skins, and one or two weapons along with an armor set that may or may not be good looking).

I'd rather pay $10 every 3 months for quality material than have something that should've been in the game in the first place over the course of 9 months at a price to others/myself ($60 purchase)
I bought legendary so 100 bucks and I don't think the maps are bad I enjoy some of them.
Your opinion does not matter when hes naming facts ^^^^ Nuff Said
ZacEfren42 wrote:
Allen18812 wrote:
Jonah48532 wrote:
I think people just need to quit feeling entitled to everything and work with what you have.
If Halo 6 ships with nothing but Slayer, I'm totally going to quote you with this.
that will never happen
That's what we thought about split-screen, but look where we are now.
Thats also what I said about having more playlists (team doubles, action sack, multiteam, team snipers, and all the reach game modes) but look where we are now
The size of the updates are too big
I don't know man, people are crazy.
I know right. These crazy people who actually want a halo game with splitscreen, game modes (action sack, and all the reach game modes) and firefight (offline). Those people are just crazy.
Nothing is going to change content not being present at launch. I'd still rather get content "we should have had" for free than to have to pay for it later.
That is the absolutely wrong attitude to have, we don't want to foster the idea what they did in Halo 5 is okay and can simply fly as the standard for future Halos. We may have no power to actually develop the games ourselves, but we can make damn well sure our voices are heard. If Halo 1 - 3 were able to have adequate amounts of content from the beginning, then so can/should future Halos.
One-

It isn't free, you paid $60 for an unfinished game. And if you don't like that, it is microtransaction funded (paid for by someone else)

Two-

Bad quality; Halo 3 offered is quality maps every three months or so for like $10 each. Halo 5 offers us microtransaction funded crap (remix maps of ones we already have, easy to make emblems and weapon skins, and one or two weapons along with an armor set that may or may not be good looking).

I'd rather pay $10 every 3 months for quality material than have something that should've been in the game in the first place over the course of 9 months at a price to others/myself ($60 purchase)
so wait? You want to pay for a vital gamemode such as infection rather than some kid you don't know fund it? Let that sink in for a while...
So from reading many of the forums, people are upset because they believed that some of content should have been in on launch date. Not added later. Here is what I have to say to that. SO WHAT!, the majority of the people wanted the game out ASAP. Even more so after the Beta came out. Games take time to develop. We should be happy that the game came out as it did, many rushed products usually have tons of glitches and bug that weren't meant to be there. I really don't like gamers now days, they are so picky. Back in the day when a game came out we focused on what was good about it, not what was bad. This is why the Halo Community cannot be what it once was. You who complain about the free DLC, should stop. 343 are giving these DLCs for free. Or would you rather have to pay for them? That it doesn't matter cause the stuff in the DLC should have been in there in the first place. I remind you to look at the start of my post. But to put it simply just stop, stop complaining.
One-

Two-

so wait? You want to pay for a vital gamemode such as infection rather than some kid you don't know fund it? Let that sink in for a while...
I don't think hanging the hopes of content being added to the game should be placed solely on the fickle nature of a kid paying for microtransactions.
AceJD87 wrote:
So from reading many of the forums, people are upset because they believed that some of content should have been in on launch date. Not added later. Here is what I have to say to that. SO WHAT!, the majority of the people wanted the game out ASAP. Even more so after the Beta came out. Games take time to develop. We should be happy that the game came out as it did, many rushed products usually have tons of glitches and bug that weren't meant to be there. I really don't like gamers now days, they are so picky. Back in the day when a game came out we focused on what was good about it, not what was bad. This is why the Halo Community cannot be what it once was. You who complain about the free DLC, should stop. 343 are giving these DLCs for free. Or would you rather have to pay for them? That it doesn't matter cause the stuff in the DLC should have been in there in the first place. I remind you to look at the start of my post. But to put it simply just stop, stop complaining.
When was this in the Halo community? You tell people to stop complaining and people need to just enjoy what they have. That doesn't help improve a game. But then again anything that isn't strictly positive is labelled as complaining, so I suppose improving the game isn't that important.
Quote:
I really don't like gamers now days, they are so picky.
Is this a joke? The average modern gamer will accept whatever is thrown at them, usually only what everyone else is playing, then justify it with arguments like "Well I might be paying $100 in DLC, but at least I'm not paying $150 in DLC like other games charge me".

Gamers aren't picky at all. Half of them aren't even smart shoppers (see the whole "BUT CONSOLES ARE CHEAPER" meme). Corporations love to take advantage of this.
AceJD87 wrote:
When was this in the Halo community? You tell people to stop complaining and people need to just enjoy what they have. That doesn't help improve a game. But then again anything that isn't strictly positive is labelled as complaining, so I suppose improving the game isn't that important.
Technically it is, but its negative connotation is what I disagree with.
TryHardFan wrote:
AceJD87 wrote:
So what if something is negative? Being positive isn't necessarily helpful either.
We do need content on day one of course but 343 wanted to give us the game so we didn't have to suffer another delay.

I admit these updates leave much to be desired but I deal with it anyways, all that needs to be said is that they need to improve on their updates and listen to positive and negative feedback to learn.

Either way at least it's free dlc even if the REQ system is pretty bs
low quality
Midnya wrote:
We do need content on day one of course but 343 wanted to give us the game so we didn't have to suffer another delay.

I admit these updates leave much to be desired but I deal with it anyways, all that needs to be said is that they need to improve on their updates and listen to positive and negative feedback to learn.

Either way at least it's free dlc even if the REQ system is pretty bs
When was Halo 5 delayed prior for their to be another delay?
TryHardFan wrote:
AceJD87 wrote:
So what if something is negative? Being positive isn't necessarily helpful either.
I'm saying that the word 'complaining' fits with the feedback of us when trying to point out halo 5's issues, but I disagree with how people think it's a bad attribute for gamers. We had some miscommunication for a bit, my apologies.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 17