3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 17
One-

It isn't free, you paid $60 for an unfinished game. And if you don't like that, it is microtransaction funded (paid for by someone else)
That's your opinion of the game.
ZacEfren42 wrote:
Allen18812 wrote:
Jonah48532 wrote:
I think people just need to quit feeling entitled to everything and work with what you have.
If Halo 6 ships with nothing but Slayer, I'm totally going to quote you with this.
that will never happen
That's what we thought about split-screen, but look where we are now.
Yeah but split screen isn't here because they didn't want split screen it's because it's not compatible the game would run to slow.
A free DLC in my opinion would be smart.
we're literally getting 200 new warthogs next update, this free "dlc" has been reskins of maps, weapons, etc. with game modes, weapons, even forge which usually comes at launch or a few weeks after. People are upset because they want something new and would rather pay for it than having rehash content. They have made a ton of money off this game by giving people what they have already had & its -Yoinking!- genious.
Cryogeni wrote:
One-

It isn't free, you paid $60 for an unfinished game. And if you don't like that, it is microtransaction funded (paid for by someone else)
no that is fact. It IS payed by someone even if it is not you. and that means it is NOT free. And it is an unfinished game because we are getting monthly updates to put content into the game which clearly means it is not finnished.
Jonah48532 wrote:
I think people just need to quit feeling entitled to everything and work with what you have.
If Halo 6 ships with nothing but Slayer, I'm totally going to quote you with this.
lol and than they bring in all the other game modes as paid or free dlc XD here you guys go just cause we love you
Jonah48532 wrote:
lol and than they bring in all the other game modes as paid or free dlc XD here you guys go just cause we love you
You'd have someone shouting "BE GRATEFUL THEY EVEN INCLUDED MULTIPLAYER."
Because there mostly adding game types that should have been in the game at launch. The rest isn't bad at all. Wish the arena maps could be a little little more creative but the warzone maps have been great sane for the reqs.
Jonah48532 wrote:
I paid 60$ for a full game. I should feel entitled because I bought it. Where's my full game? I haven't played Halo 5 in weeks, maybe months, for good reason.
Is there a problem where you join a match then lose connection and still get banned
I think OP opened the pandoras jar...
It is because that some things should have been in at launch but also, you end up having to purchase with real money (unless you have a crap load of req points) the Memories of Reach pack and other things just to get the armors and the emblems.
Cryogeni wrote:
One-

When the game is lacking many features previous halos had it is an unfinished game.
Jonah48532 wrote:
ZacEfren42 wrote:
Allen18812 wrote:
Jonah48532 wrote:
that will never happen
Yeah but split screen isn't here because they didn't want split screen it's because it's not compatible the game would run to slow.
They are game developers. They've had 3 years to make it work. If they wanted to give us a full Halo experience, they would have developed it because it's their job. Instead, they took the noob route and tied the frame rate to the physics, which, as I said, is an utterly noob move.
Jonah48532 wrote:
ZacEfren42 wrote:
Allen18812 wrote:
Jonah48532 wrote:
that will never happen
They are game developers. They've had 3 years to make it work. If they wanted to give us a full Halo experience, they would have developed it because it's their job. Instead, they took the noob route and tied the frame rate to the physics, which, as I said, is an utterly noob move.
SHOTS FIRED, SHOTS FIRED. 343i IS DOWN
Gigamora wrote:
Nothing is going to change content not being present at launch. I'd still rather get content "we should have had" for free than to have to pay for it later.
That is the absolutely wrong attitude to have, we don't want to foster the idea what they did in Halo 5 is okay and can simply fly as the standard for future Halos. We may have no power to actually develop the games ourselves, but we can make damn well sure our voices are heard. If Halo 1 - 3 were able to have adequate amounts of content from the beginning, then so can/should future Halos.
I agree with the response. Being complacent now will invite future disaster
Jonah48532 wrote:
Why are people upset about free DLC would you rather have to spend money on buying new content?
Yes because it would provide an incentive for developers and publishers to produce content worth buying.

Game companies have realized that they can no longer offer less in their add-on content and charge more for it. As with any product, there is a point where the market will no longer support increased cost/lessened quality. This should have lead to DLC prices dropping and/or quality and quantity of content going up, but companies have found a new business model to exploit: free2play.

They have realized that microtransactions can make more money than traditional DLC, and overall require much less work to create. Content that would have then been sectioned off as paid DLC can now be presented as "free" to make players feel like they are getting a better deal.
Because someone dosen't get exactly what they want.
so 343 makes the choices
gethtones wrote:
-First halo game to have free DLC
-First halo game to have micro transactions
-Less content at launch than any other Halo game with the missing content being introduced in "free DLC"

From those 3 points it's pretty easy to piece together what's really going on and from there, it should be quite easy to see why people are upset.
Cherry picked points more correlative than causative. I'd guess the less "content" (myopically defined as the absence of certain fringe gametypes) has more to do with launching a stronger core of gametypes that function more mechanically sound at launch (a choice governed by MCC's poor launch and the emphasis the HCS and esports has been given) than microtransactions.

Pretty safe to assume we have microtransactions because of the free DLC, not the other way around. And the free DLC option was chosen because of the weaknesses of paid DLC, mostly centered on the population splits it caused.

Maybe you should blame poor critical thinking skills instead?
^the denial is real

I stated facts, you stated opinions and speculations.

"Fringe gametypes", really?
The reason all DLC was made free was because 343i didn't want the community to splinter off into DLC and base game audiences.

Yeah some of it is stuff we've seen before like Infection but at least it's there now.

I don't see the problem, happy with the content. The updates keep bringing me back.

Too many people complain about anything and everything these days.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 17