2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 13
I'm sorry but if y'all got nothing else to complain about except graphics then you need to take a break and maybe go play a game from like 2003 and see how graphics have advanced to the point they are now. Honestly there's sooooooo many more things to worry about than graphics right now. How about we worry about content? Make progress there.
Lol what games are you playing on Xbox One that can manage 24 players in a game, 60FPS, numerous AI's on a huge map and keep up to the graphical standards you want? I think you'll find it's a big fat zero. Halo 5 holds up pretty well considering.
Arena maps look great imo, Halo 5 didn't push for the more realistic art style Halo 4 had, I think they wanted a blend of artistic textures and real.
As long as my game is fun and makes me return to it, I could care less if a game is at 1080p 60 FPS.

Example: Fallout 4
Don't compare s*** with chocolate. Fallout 4 is a technical mess with bugs and framerate drops so Bethesda deserve the hate in my opinion (7 god*amn years of development) .
Your opinion, just because you are a fps only player doesn't mean you need to hate.
FPS only ? Fallout drops from 30 fps to 20 fps all the time , reaching ZERO in Diamond City , a very different situation from Halo 5. I am not judging the game , just graphics. You have to be blind if you don't see that...it affects gameplay.
The game played great for me, were you playing on a crap PC per chance?
the pepere wrote:
sorry i just find it funny that we think these graphics are bad now. The jump graphics have made in the last 15 years is incredible. Fine its not up to your standard but they are not bad, just saying.
exactly. I just played halo 2 anniversary this day and I can tell that halo 5 graphic are really good
H2A looks better than H5.
the maps have terrible textures, most surfaces are just bland smooth metal things, and they still couldn't get full hd. I mean look at grass or plants so watercolory. Other games achieved better image quality and lighting and higher resolutions. isn't this the flagship game the xbox was built for. and I'm only keeping arena in mind lol
Another troll.....
Why would you think that? He's just giving his opinion.
I for one love the 60fps and as long as it stays in dont care what happens
I don't think the graphics matter so much when I'm in the middle of a match, its not like you pay much attention to them in that moment you are about to be splattered or are trying to avoid being shot at. Unless you sit inches away from the screen looking at every pixel
As long as my game is fun and makes me return to it, I could care less if a game is at 1080p 60 FPS.

Example: Fallout 4
Preach!

Skyrim's still a boss. Who cares if "prettier" stuff has come out since? It still looks amazing!
I'm sorry but if y'all got nothing else to complain about except graphics then you need to take a break and maybe go play a game from like 2003 and see how graphics have advanced to the point they are now. Honestly there's sooooooo many more things to worry about than graphics right now. How about we worry about content? Make progress there.
It's called the quest for eternal 1080p 60 fps
Because graphics really matter when it comes to a video game.

Might as well play The Order 1886 right guys? Has nothing but pretty graphics with horrible gameplay, non-existant story and- Oh wait... Right, that game sucks beyond belief, with its biggest selling point being its graphics.
Well I mean they are better than all previous halos, maybe not halo 2A, but all the others.
Graphics doesn't matter, it's just a game
Shut up. You didn't play the classic Halo, I presumed. Those graphics when I was 5ish were amazing. Now, people complain about graphics. Ju-just shaddup.
They should have stuck with graphics similar to the beta but in HD.
The resolution is good, but its definitely not the best graphics game out there.
Sometimes it just feels like I'm playing a cartoon and the armor is just as cartoonish
I love how some people are using 'Comparing 2K3 graphics first' to justify Halo 5's graphics. News flash: this isn't 2003. Halo 5 was released in 2015. And as time changes, so does the standard and minimal expectations for products. TVs back in 03 hardly had HDMI ports. DVDs weren't really a major thing then. Now, both of those are the norm.

It's the same concept. Things evolve, so stop trying to refer to over a decade ago.

Now, onto an actual relevant fact. Most of Halo 5s models have 512x512 diffuse, bumpmap, and color channel maps. That's not even 1K, which is the standard for today's graphics. To put that in perspective, that is the EXACT same resolution that was used in Reach. That's right; the armor you see in Halo 5 has maps no bigger than what 2010 had. This alone is one undeniable reason that the graphics are excessively lazy.

The graphics are, for a fact, not on par with what they should be on. Halo 5 was able to manage 60fps, so increasing the texture resolution wouldn't have broke the game, just wouldn't have pushed back to a lower FPS, and certainly not below 30.

They never touched on this, but I'm very sure you all can add 'obsolete graphics' alongside the exact same reason why splitscreen never came in. Because they were too concerned about a framerate which wouldn't have made a big difference if it never was part of Halo 5 anyways. I highly doubt anyone would have complained if Halo 5 was always 30FPS.

Tl; dr: Halo 5 graphics = Halo Reach.
I really think the graphics are good I just prefer the way the maps looked in the beta as far as it being more darkened
Timmie wrote:
sorry i just find it funny that we think these graphics are bad now. The jump graphics have made in the last 15 years is incredible. Fine its not up to your standard but they are not bad, just saying.
Halo 5 screenshots can EASILY be mistaken for Halo 4 screenshots.
I don't know about this. Certainly not if you've played both games. They have different looks.
I admit when I first played H5, I thought the graphics appeared cartoon like, more so than previous installments. That said, it has grown on me now and I like it a lot!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 13