3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. ...
  9. 28
Halo 5 is great and on the right track.
It's not as popular as older Halos mainly because 343 stuffed up with #4 and majorly shafted MCC so its going to take time for Microsoft to win back consumers confidence!
Appetight wrote:
Why are people rejecting Halo going back to a formula like Halo 3 or 2 when it never got a chance to fail and is more popular than Halo is today? Maybe going back to something like that with out all this crazy movement would be pioneering in the right direction. Halo needs to take a stand as its own again. While yes the older Halo's are not perfect they are more popular than Halo is today and nver go a chance to die out. While Halo 5 is a great game it still isn't as popular. going back might be the right way to go instead of working on a new formula like Halo has been doing. I mean it cant hurt to try it right? all i want it the best for Halo and when i see how popular it use to be and how it has gone down it saddens me.
Also is there ANY way to see the population

of Halo 5?
Going back to old formula would in my mind, be daft. What's the point? I don't want to play the same mechanics of 2 and 3 in a new game. I enjoy fast paced Halo 5 combat. I enjoy the Spartan abilities. Halo is not as popular because its up against more popular franchises these days - COD, Battlefield...

Halo 5 is a great game with great mechanics, but it lacks content. We do not need a repeat of H2 or H3
Poetry
Appetight wrote:
Also is there ANY way to see the population of Halo 5?
Correct me if I'm wrong. I believe there were 1.5 million Halo 5 copies sold. So think of that many or less.
I like halo 5 mechanics, I don't think 343 should make any changes.
Appetight wrote:
Appetight wrote:
Why are people rejecting Halo going back to a formula like Halo 3 or 2 when it never got a chance to fail and is more popular than Halo is today? Maybe going back to something like that with out all this crazy movement would be pioneering in the right direction. Halo needs to take a stand as its own again. While yes the older Halo's are not perfect they are more popular than Halo is today and nver go a chance to die out. While Halo 5 is a great game it still isn't as popular. going back might be the right way to go instead of working on a new formula like Halo has been doing. I mean it cant hurt to try it right? all i want it the best for Halo and when i see how popular it use to be and how it has gone down it saddens me.

of Halo 5?
Going back to old formula would in my mind, be daft. What's the point? I don't want to play the same maec
to be fair it worked and was popular and you can't prove it wouldn't be popular now. Yes i cannot prove it would be but it was and never got a chance to die out so who is to say it wouldnt?
Why let it die out? Why do what other franchises do and repackage the same game every year with new maps and nothing else? Halo cannot repeat the same things over and over - it's not what Halo is about.
Remember when Halo was largely the same for the first 3 titles, and it only grew in popularity from game to game? And then Reach came out, which introduced change? And then Halo was a little less popular?

And now here we are.
Reach was hugely popular online and still is. I do not feel change is what has contributed to the decline of Halo's popularity. The competition is stiffer now and Halo had less competition against it back in the days of H2 and H3. How is copy catting H2 and H3 going to result in a resurgence of population? 343 would get slammed by critics for not focusing on any innovation.
Reach definitely was popular, but it did start a downward trend.

And the only reason Halo can't compete with competition now is because it is becoming a clone of other series who have already mastered their own formula. Halo is now becoming the off-brand cereal that no one wants to buy.

Halo is now the Tootie Frooties to COD's Fruit Loops.

Which is funny because 343 says the reason Sprint was added was to compete with the other "modern" shooters. Lmfao.

Halo could only compete before because Halo was Cocoa Pebbles, and COD was Fruit Loops. They were different.
I like the analogy of cereal.:')
Forward is the way
New improved experience
Evolution and evolving towards crazy and fun experiences is what I enjoy In a franchise!
So I might not enjoy every halo the same but I love em all
And it's fun too play it in a variety of gameplay mechanics
Change is good it's refreshing
Be thankful full for the past games you enjoyed but things need to change to stay relevant!

I would not buy halo 2 every year for 20years with just different map and guns
you cant go back you have to adjust to each halo. they made mcc so you can play halo2 and 3. i think halo gets better and better everybody has to adjust
Appetight wrote:

of Halo 5?
Going back to old formula would in my mind, be daft. What's the point? I don't want to play the same mechanics of 2 and 3 in a new game. I enjoy fast paced Halo 5 combat. I enjoy the Spartan abilities. Halo is not as popular because its up against more popular franchises these days - COD, Battlefield...

Halo 5 is a great game with great mechanics, but it lacks content. We do not need a repeat of H2 or H3
This pretty much sums up my answer to this question ever since it has been raised since Reach. H2 and H3 were amazing and great respectively, sure. But they were also games that came in a time when online FPS games on a console were synonymus with the Halo brand and Xbox Live. The mainstream appeal that Halo had was stolen by CoD and going back to H2/3 gameplay won't bring them back. They simply play what is popular (i.e.: GTA/yearly FIFA/COD).

If anything, Halo owes it to its own history to keep innovating within the FPS genre. To be honest, Destiny is what Halo should've been by now....with a better PvP section (AKA: regular Halo). CE was revolutionary, H2 was revolutionary, H3 was evolutionary, everything after it was incremental or quite behind the competition.

H5 plays perfectly fine the way it does. Had it played like H3 it wouldn't have brought back all those millions that played it back in the days. Halo simply has had its best time.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Do not make nonconstructive posts.

Spoiler:
Show
I Think they shouldnt do The new Halo Games like The Old ones.
Its gonna be boring when every Halo is The Same. Its objectiv some People dont want new things in Games and some want.
Why does it seem that everyones post is so hostile towards everyone else? Cant go back to h2 h3 style because.Before halo4 it was made by bungie these developers seemed to be more laid back and social and so were there game features.bungie realized when they put out reach the gaming community was begging for a more in your face fast paced game. They couldn't handle that demand and backed out of halo. 343 has done an amazing job of picking up where bungie trailed off at. With the story they have adapted some of halos classic movements and features but We will never go back two different groups(meaning us the players) looking at the game some that want the and some that want the new. Finally all that matters to 343 is that YOU PAID FOR IT
Look at it this way. The game would end up being something resembling H2A. Obviously it would have more maps and be a full game but the style would be very similar. If you're OK with that (like I am) then great. If not though, you don't get to -Yoink- about going back to the old formula and then complain when you're given it.
why go back when you already have MCC... and can replay the older games.. is it a grafic upgrade on the game you still want and not the new mecanics.. then i understand you.
In my opinion going back to the original formula and bringing back what made halo so great and distinct in the first place would most definetly bring back the numbers

people still buy halo halo 5 sold approx 3 million the first week it was out
so where is everyone?

Halo is still as popular as it's ever been it's just evident from the abysmally low population numbers that for what ever reason people don't like the "new" halo since halo reach (and even halo reach held decent numbers when compared to H4 and H5) the population has been on a steady decline

So why not bring back the old formula to see if it will be that lightning in a bottle again and reclaim its throne as the premier FPS on Xbox?
At this point what do they have to lose?
H5 is the lowest selling halo if all time and with the fasted dropping population of all time

going back to the old mechanics can't be any worse
In my opinion going back to the original formula and bringing back what made halo so great and distinct in the first place would most definetly bring back the numbers

so where is everyone?

Halo is still as popular as it's ever been it's just evident from the abysmally low population numbers that for what ever reason people don't like the "new" halo since halo reach (and even halo reach held decent numbers when compared to H4 and H5) the population has been on a steady decline

So why not bring back the old formula to see if it will be that lightning in a bottle again and reclaim its throne as the premier FPS on Xbox?
H5 is the lowest selling halo if all time and with the fasted dropping population of all time

If the old games were still that appealing they would still get played, but they're dated imo, we don't know how fast the Halo 5 population has dropped, there are no population figures like 2, 3 and 4 had.
The only reason H2 and 3 were so popular is because there was virtually no competition. They would get smacked around in today's market.
The only reason H2 and 3 were so popular is because there was virtually no competition. They would get smacked around in today's market.
That is completely false. A quick Google search will provide you with what games came out in 2004 through 2010. There was high competition during that time period, not sure how you can argue against that. It just shows how popular Halo was during that time, being relevant with all of the great games that came out in those six years.
eviltedi wrote:
In my opinion going back to the original formula and bringing back what made halo so great and distinct in the first place lwould most definetly bring back the numbers

so where is everyone?

If the old games were still that appealing they would still get played, but they're dated imo, we don't know how fast the Halo 5 population has dropped, there are no population figures like 2, 3 and 4 had.
But you see we do know the approximate numbers
we know that Star Wars battlefront sits above halo 5 in the top 10 most populated games in xbl
and we know that right now battle front has a population of 37,500 http://swbstats.com (typing on my phone sorry for no lazy link)
Which means H5s population is currently under 37,500 less than 3 months after the game has released
not even H4 dropped this fast
going back to an old formula would be nice. but then how do you evolve the battlefield to peak interest amongst old players and new payers for instance the dive bombing melee?? there always has to be something different from the last game to draw in the new and keep the old. COD always does a pretty good job at that and so does battlefield. Battlefront on the other hand they are seeing the consequences of that already.
FL Crysis wrote:
That is completely false. A quick Google search will provide you with what games came out in 2004 through 2010. There was high competition during that time period, not sure how you can argue against that. It just shows how popular Halo was during that time, being relevant with all of the great games that came out in those six years.
Not really false at all.

If you played online on a console, there were only 2 shooters that mattered: Halo 2 and R6: Vegas. The latter being quite a bit too hardcore for the majority (read: mainstream) gamer. The first being the best and most progressive console FPS you could get. Other FPS games didn't matter on consoles, until H3 had to face off against CoD which began stealing mainstream appeal from 2007 onwards. Up until then, even though CoD2 was treated as a 360 show stopper, CoD had very much been a PC series.

Halo had a lucky combination of being:
1: Ridiculously good at the time of H2.
2: Having competition that was still stuck in 90's game design.

It was popular with a wide range of gamers. But as always: mainstream gamers determine if a game is super successful or not. They flocked to Halo because it was the thing to play. And then came Modern Warfare.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. ...
  9. 28