Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Why did 343 make griff ball have friendly fire

OP bloodymess56

i think 343 made friendly fire in griff ball to make sure u don't kill your teammates but it is kinda hard not 2 cuz they all go for the same person

but it is a good idea for you to make sure u kill the right person

griff ball is my go to game mode when it is out

tell me what you think
If I'm not mistaken, Grifball has always had friendly fire. It's just that, for whatever reason, the hammer in H5 Grifball has a near-360 degree kill radius and can kill people from 50 feet away.
There's already a post about grifball and team killing. Scroll down a little.
There's already a post about grifball and team killing. Scroll down a little.
ok i'm so srry bro
If I'm not mistaken, Grifball has always had friendly fire. It's just that, for whatever reason, the hammer in H5 Grifball has a near-360 degree kill radius and can kill people from 50 feet away.
i'm srry cuz i only knew about the h5 griff play but ok thxs
i think 343 made friendly fire in griff ball to make sure u don't kill your teammates but it is kinda hard not 2 cuz they all go for the same person

but it is a good idea for you to make sure u kill the right person

griff ball is my go to game mode when it is out

tell me what you think
Not sure, this could be removed if they turned off damage/physic's to ally's but yes generally most players don't watch where there going. I've had players jump over me and force me to kill them, the physic's are a bit of mess too since it's too easy to accidentally kill someone from behind while facing the complete opposite direction. The sad part is some betray on purpose to try the minimum betrayals on purpose, yet players trying to play the game properly end up getting booted due to how bad the system is.
I have no clue since sometimes I get kicked when I teamkill a teammate. And I don't know it
It's so everybody doesn't just swing their hammer around wildly without consequence. It makes you think out where and when you're going to swing. Otherwise two or more teammates could swing their hammers offset of the other and have this nonstop hammerstrike that has no opening for a counter.
xMiKe G17x wrote:
It's so everybody doesn't just swing their hammer around wildly without consequence. It makes you think out where and when you're going to swing. Otherwise two or more teammates could swing their hammers offset of the other and have this nonstop hammerstrike that has no opening for a counter.
Except people do that anyway...and in many cases it's the other players doing something stupid that usually get's them killed.

Sometime's I get pinned by 2-3 enemy's, I know I can counter easily (some games are like that), then some random team-player thinks it's a good idea to run in between us...regardless how painfully obvious that they have zero chance of surviving and actually causing my own death due to blocking my attack.

I've been in match's where I've completely wrecked the opposite team, yet players know when to keep their distance, attack at appropriate times and there are players that run in thinking there invincible, constantly get in the way...including times where they betray the person scoring.
ronnie42 wrote:
xMiKe G17x wrote:
Except people do that anyway...and in many cases it's the other players doing something stupid that usually get's them killed.

Sometime's I get pinned by 2-3 enemy's, I know I can counter easily (some games are like that), then some random team-player thinks it's a good idea to run in between us...regardless how painfully obvious that they have zero chance of surviving and actually causing my own death due to blocking my attack.

I've been in match's where I've completely wrecked the opposite team, yet players know when to keep their distance, attack at appropriate times and there are players that run in thinking there invincible, constantly get in the way...including times where they betray the person scoring.
Yeah man it's unfortunate but alot of halo players are numb to the thinking behind friendly fire.
Probably so you don't go cuckoo swinging your hammer around with no consequences( but i do find it kinda stupid still as i have killed my friend several times on accident cause of the hammer).
No damage can be used to boost teammates arround.

Though I agree damage from team shouldn't be 100%.
Without friendly fire the gravity hammer would launch you teammates across the map in seconds and everyone would complain about that. Imagine the enemy launching their teammate from across the map toward you just as your about to score. This is just my assumption.
Please don't revive old topics thanks