1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 12
This one is soooo much better, we need this one not the one we have.
Why did they change it from this amazing look to a okayish one we have now
Bungie did it first, so 343 has to be different. They're in the angsty teenage years of game development.
TryHardFan wrote:
This link shows the early concepts of the UI for halo 5.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRWyyIgjteE

What do you guys think? Honestly, this one has so much more creativity than the one that 343 stuck out with. I really hope they can possibly change this soon because whatever these employees were thinking, they obviously had no common sense.
because 343 is trying to kill halo so anything remotely positive tht makes game look good gets thrown out
The real estate set aside for some of the visuals hampers the practicality of some of these UI designs. For instance, in the picture showcasing the 'helmet screen' we are met with a spartan taking up almost half the right part of the page, with borders cutting off large parts of usable space. Instead of the dozens of helmets shown in one screen, like the UI we have now, only six or so are being shown at one time, this lowers the practicality of the whole concept UI
That totally makes sense. 343 should strive for practicality in its UI, but aesthetically, the early concepts are so much more appealing to look at and less plain. Obviously, there is a reason why some of these are considered early concepts, but most examples shown didn't seem to sacrifice practicality while still maintaining a good look.
TryHardFan wrote:
The real estate set aside for some of the visuals hampers the practicality of some of these UI designs. For instance, in the picture showcasing the 'helmet screen' we are met with a spartan taking up almost half the right part of the page, with borders cutting off large parts of usable space. Instead of the dozens of helmets shown in one screen, like the UI we have now, only six or so are being shown at one time, this lowers the practicality of the whole concept UI
That totally makes sense. 343 should strive for practicality in its UI, but aesthetically, the early concepts are so much more appealing to look at and less plain. Obviously, there is a reason why some of these are considered early concepts, but most examples shown didn't seem to sacrifice practicality while still maintaining a good look.
I don't know, there are so many grayed out helmets/armors on the current UI and the Spartans are so dark I can't even tell what I'm doing. This UI is preferable to me, not that the one we have now is bad.
I honestly didn't have any problem with the design of the UI....until I saw the video. I'll take that, plz.

Regardless, the lack of medals is pretty sad. Why show them to me in-game if I can't see what I earned at the end of a match?
My biggest complaint about the UI is the lighting on every screen involving armour/visors, the visor colour is always near impossible to see - making them all look black or a dark muddy brown.
And the real estate of different screens is horrible as well, like others have said. Having to scroll across 140-150 different armour pieces takes ages, just because the space isn't used efficiently enough.
coll9502 wrote:
i think they just got lazy as hell with everything they left out.INCLUDING THIS WHICH IS LITERALLY THE EASIEST THING TO HAVE KEPT. the current UI is so bad
The one in the vid is awesome but coming from halo 4... I'll take the one we have now and be glad lol.
#MEDIOCR343
Maybe this will be in the Dec update?
I like a lot and hope to see this version make to Halo 5 as a update in the near future.
Two words. Upper. Management.
That's so much better than what we ended up with
I wonder why they changed it
Some of those UI concepts did look really good and promising to not bor me also for a color deficient lad such as myself neon in a game is beautiful loo :) also I don't know if its my tv or eyes but our hands and armor and the Marines in warzone look sorta like bright flat plato colors so a dark sorta worn off look would of been nice kinda like we're not fresh from the oven Spartans we've seem some stuff kinda armor.
The typography is just unreasonably huge. Definitely something I noticed when I saw the main menu after getting the game.
Very pretty, wish it was in the game :/

I would love if they added some of these concepts in a title update or a huge season update or something, aside from the horizontal playlists, should stay vertical, it'd look so much better, also, medals.
Never thought I'd like this as opposed to the already present version and do agree it is much better but still I am not going to complain, details such as this don't make or break a game for me lol. However I do think that maybe if they decide to they could update the game and use the better looking version, of course I'm not quite sure how long that update would take.
hopefully its coming in an update to look like that, maybe they just had to tweek it a bit before launch and are fine tuning things before its release we can only hope
Yeah I'm missing the meaning of UI...
I didn't mind the weird UI until I saw that earlier. That looks so much better, it reminds quite a bit to reach. Also that medal viewing, dude ;___;
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 12