Why did H5 change Cortana’s appearance?

OP Geth Pathfinder

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
She entered the Domain.
LethalQ wrote:
She was thicc in Halo 4. It was a good look but didn't feel like the same Cortana I think the combo of her rampancy and the softer side we saw as she experienced that paired with her new thicc self just didn't feel like the digital warrior princess who holds the keys to the Galaxy's reset button we saw in the past. I did like Halo 4's model better than 5 but I'm optimistic with the next iteration we will get a more familiar Cortana. Even if she is crazy now.

Btw is anyone else bummed they didn't just leave her dead? I felt like that was one of the more daring and frankly better choices that was made in the Spartan ops filled mess that is Halo 4. Then Halo 5 comes and I'm just wondering what has happened to this story.

So on the whole it's an artistic change you will see another if you play infinite. And if that doesn't do as well as they want you will probably see another after that 😋
I am glad she is not dead... I guess I am one of the few who didn't think she died at the end of H4. At the end all she told Chief was "she wasn't going with him this time."... Now it was assumed by most she died but I know I didn't. Now I don't like the way they brought here back. Being saved by the previously said to be destroyed domain . But I chalked that up to maybe they just thought it was and there was more to the domain than they realized... Kinda like how they didn't realize there were other Halo rings out there until they found another one.
The Domain was never actually destroyed. After the array was fired, a handful of Forerunners survived, including the Iso-Didact, who the Librarian had told that she didn't believe the Domain was truly destroyed, and could be recovered. The meddling Forerunners eventually repaired the Domain, before going to live quiet, simple lives way the hell out in the middle of nowhere.
To be honest I never really had a problem with how Cortana looked in CE,H2,H3 and H4. There’s nothing wrong with making a video game character attractive in my opinion but I definitely see where some people are coming from...kinda. I never necessarily thought she was over sexualized, I always cared about who she was as a character and watching the struggles and challenges she and chief fought through. I will say that I think this topic has definitely impacted her appearance in the last couple of games for sure. She definitely looked pretty off in halo 5 specially almost like the developers tried to take away her beauty as much as possible but I don’t know that’s my thoughts on it I guess...
Cortana was changed so that Halo 5 would be rated T. That's all there is to it.
Cortana was changed so that Halo 5 would be rated T. That's all there is to it.
I don’t get why the other Halos are rated M. Halo is actually pretty mild in my opinion. We all know that if Halo was a movie, it would be rated PG-13. It seems that the ESRB is run by a bunch of old ladies and people who don’t want to offend overprotective parents. My parent never cared for the ratings on games. I was playing Halo when I was 11.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2