Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Why did halo 5 kill swat

OP The Long Tunnel

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
in the previous halo games, swat was a very enjoyable game type and in halo 4 allowing players to switch and choose their weapon is a great feature. In halo 5 swat is very bland with very bad spawns and horrible flow. plus they removed the choose weapon feature and the magnum. so if i want to play swat I have to go to the master chief collection and wait 35 min. to find a game of good, enjoyable swat
I forgot about having two weapons in SWAT! DMR and BR loadouts. I don't know about Halo 5s SWAT because it randomly gives you gamemodes like H1 SWAT (Halo 1 magnum), H2 SWAT (H2 BR), SWATNUMS , BR SWAT, DMR SWAT...

I prefer having the set start loadout that Halo 5 has with one weapon.
I don't even play swat... or slayer... I like team modes. :)
They got rid of the magnum?!

Yeah I miss the loadout in halo 4. I miss BR start
Because Loadouts don't exist in Halo 5's Arena and they aren't going to create it solely for SWAT.

That and Halo 3's SWAT didn't let you choose your weapon mid-game either.
My problem with SWAT currently is that I only like SWAT with BRs and the playlist has different variants with different weapons. Fine for others, but I'll spend my time elsewhere.
ouv wrote:
They got rid of the magnum?!

Yeah I miss the loadout in halo 4. I miss BR start
No Magnum is still available
Vblownaf95 wrote:
You play on a team in both Swat and Slayer. In fact the only playlist where you don't play on a team is FFA (and to an extent Infection).
Chimera30 wrote:
Vblownaf95 wrote:
You play on a team in both Swat and Slayer. In fact the only playlist where you don't play on a team is FFA (and to an extent Infection).
I say team as a more friendly way, not competitive, if you know what I mean.
Vblownaf95 wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
Vblownaf95 wrote:
I say team as a more friendly way, not competitive, if you know what I mean.
I think the term you're looking for is "social".
I view Halo 5's SWAT as a training range: Just joined in for the first game of the day, want to sharpen my aim before I go into Slayer, FFA, or Warzone, I hit up SWAT. Granted, more people have viewed the mode as more social in previous Halo games, but I feel that in here, the training aspect is stressed more now than ever, given the increased competitive focus of which we are all aware.
Halo 4 is the only one besides H3 giving you options on map.. H4 being such a huge let down in the SWAT Community it's shouldn't be an issue. H5 is faster paced game compared to the others so it's obviously going to change how swat plays and you'd probably have to change the way you approach swat. Even H4 Swat played very different from Halo:Reach..
I don't know if it "killed" SWAT, per se, but I definitely preferred Halo 4's SWAT. I loved having the option to choose DMR or BR depending on the map.
I wouldn't say it killed SWAT at all. I love Halo 5 SWAT.
SWAT isn't too bad in H5, I mean queue times at high CSR are terrible but realistically there's not much that can be done about that.

I did however like many in this thread favor H4 SWAT, I think it might be that I don't like half of H5's SWAT gametypes (swagnums, dmr, and kinda br) and I could vote on what map we played. Remember when that was a thing?
OP, are you kidding? This is some of the best SWAT we've ever had. There are easily five different SWAT variants and plenty of reasonable maps.
I wish there would be implemented Carbines and LightRifles. Covenant SWAT? Lol that would be pretty cool. Have a nice day!

-Fallen
I think SWAT is fine. In fact, I think 343 improved upon it by giving us 5 different modes.
in the previous halo games, swat was a very enjoyable game type and in halo 4 allowing players to switch and choose their weapon is a great feature. In halo 5 swat is very bland with very bad spawns and horrible flow. plus they removed the choose weapon feature and the magnum. so if i want to play swat I have to go to the master chief collection and wait 35 min. to find a game of good, enjoyable swat
Even starts make the game fair for everyone and balanced thoroughly, Halo 5 SWAT is the most balanced swat we've had since Halo 3.
i still say spawn areas, completely protected for 3 seconds or automatic next to a team member
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2