Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Why did Halo 5 only have 1250 gamer score?

OP Captain Cromy

Gears of War 4 has 3000 gamer score.

Forza Horizon 3 has 2500 gamer score.

Minecraft has 2525 gamer score.

Sunset Overdrive has 1925 gamer score.

Halo Wars 2 has 1750 gamer score.

Killer Instinct has 4935 gamer score.

Halo 3 had 1750 gamer score.

Halo 4 had 2000 gamer score.

....and Halo 5 has 1250 gamer score?

What gives 343?
Does it matter? It used to be $60 games were 1k and xbla games were like 250.
Yes it does matter to me.

I enjoy working and earning achievements. It is one of the only reasons to even buy an Xbox anymore. Exclusives are not pushing the platform that is for sure.

Bottom line you would have thought with Halo 4 having 2000 GS that Halo 5 would have at least 1750 GS.

Just hoping we can get a 343 response is all.
I strongly believe that the vast majority of people who bought this game did not buy it for however amount of gamer score it contributed to their personal score. You might just be in the minority of people who actually take how much Gamer Score a game shells out seriously.
I strongly believe that the vast majority of people who bought this game did not buy it for however amount of gamer score it contributed to their personal score. You might just be in the minority of people who actually take how much Gamer Score a game shells out seriously.
Tell that to everyone at TrueAchievements. Go ahead, rile up the couple hundred thousand players who take gaming and gamerscore more seriously than many if not most.
Yes it does matter to me.

I enjoy working and earning achievements. It is one of the only reasons to even buy an Xbox anymore. Exclusives are not pushing the platform that is for sure.

Bottom line you would have thought with Halo 4 having 2000 GS that Halo 5 would have at least 1750 GS.

Just hoping we can get a 343 response is all.
I’m totally with you on this one. Lots of missed opportunities with achievements for Halo 5. It is objectively the largest Halo game and yet has the lowest available gamerscore of any FPS Halo game. Doesn’t quite make sense to me.
The others had a large amount of dlc that boosted the gamerscore up. The only content update that added achievements in h5 was firefight. I guess they just didn't care about it
tuhin94 wrote:
Tell that to everyone at TrueAchievements. Go ahead, rile up the couple hundred thousand players who take gaming and gamerscore more seriously than many if not most.
One website with a couple hundred thousand registered, not permanently active, users is not an accurate representation of the whole gaming community.
tuhin94 wrote:
One website with a couple hundred thousand registered, not permanently active, users is not an accurate representation of the whole gaming community.
Read what I wrote again. I never implied TA represents the whole gaming community. Achievement and trophy hunters make up one (or two depending on how you look at it) of the largest communities in gaming though, so that is a big chunk. Also, I said “a couple hundred thousand” to account for the inactives on the site. It’s got more registered, which at least shows a bit of interest in unlocking achievements, furthering this post’s point.

Point is to not write off, ignore, or insult groups who play a game for different reasons than you. I continue to play Halo 5 many months after having unlocked all the achievements for it. But many others only want to play it until they unlock everything. So what? It’s one of the coolest features of Xbox and many people, including myself, have made unlocking achievements a big hobby. Xbox has a set of requirements for every game and achievement lists are a priority. Why waste your time being a downer on someone else’s gaming goals instead of simply sympathizing with it or ignoring the post altogether? Discussing achievements and gamerscore is a part of every game on Xbox and discussing it is totally valid, especially since it has no effect on all the other Halo stuff someone might want to discuss.

It’s not the end of the world that Halo 5’s gamerscore is one of the lowest of any Halo game, especially considering that the list is fair and challenging and doesn’t contain any BS achievements that many other developers put into their games. But at the same time, it has the lowest possible gamerscore and that’s something to be questioned.
I don't really care to have more achievements for gamerscore but it would've been nice to have some added challenge.
i used to care about this, but then i realize that my skills arent quite there to get all achievements.
I'm a completionist, so I would have absolutely worked to complete any achievements 343 added; however, I don't think that adding achievements just to match gamer score other games offer is a good idea. I would rather have 1k worth of fun achievements than 3k worth of tedious achievements.
Personally, I'd rather 343 not implement arbitrary achievements just for the sake of having more achievements (or a higher achievement score). But to be fair, I'm not as interested in getting achievements as I used to be....maybe I'm just getting old and jaded :-(

I guess if there's a strong community push for higher achievement scores, then 343 could change some of their Commendations into gamer scores.

To that end however, I'd especially prefer non-multiplayer achievements. The reason being is that multiplayer-based achievements have a tendency to send people farming instead of just playing the game. IE: "I need 2,000 melees. So instead of just getting it naturally, I'll screw over the rest of my team and just go into every game and only punch until I get it." Campaign-based achievements are the way to go.
Every Xbox game starts out with 1000 gamerscore. That max gs can increase with additional achievements added through DLC. Some games add alot of new achievements, and some only add a bit; depends on the game and how much DLC is released. In Halo 5's case, most of the updates didn't add new gamemodes and only added some new REQs or some fixes. The only two updates that were substantial enough to include new achivements were the Warzone Firefight update and the Campaign Score Attack update. Hence why Halo 5 doesn't have as much extra gamerscore as some other games.