Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Why do people slide in Grifball?

OP FallenGrace616

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
So when I need some easy kills, I go to Grifball, and exclusively look at my radar. And I end up getting 4:1 Kdrs, pretty consistently. It wasn't until recently that I was looking away from my radar and I realized, a ton of people will slide in when they go for kills... Why is this? In my experience it doesn't make them any less likely to get murdered by me, it's just annoying to me because it's useless...
Just let people do what they think will get them kills! Geez, stop questioning everything everyone does just because they're doing it different than you are!!!

/s

I don't know, I guess it helps them close gaps faster, start smashing faster, or they just think sliding makes them go faster in general like in CoD and competitors. I just feel like it gets me kills more easily in some way I can't understand, like they don't expect it or something. The truth is.............I don't know man. But it keeps me up at night....
Just let people do what they think will get them kills! Geez, stop questioning everything everyone does just because they're doing it different than you are!!!
I agree with you, but you don't have to be so salty about it.
Dude..............sarcasm.............
Well then you need to work on your sarcasm cause your really bad at it.
I signified my sarcasm by placing a " /s " immediately after my sarcastic comment. Apparently, this is a thing people do on the internet, and has a definition on the Urban Dictionary website, so you know I didn't make this up.
I signified my sarcasm by placing a " /s " immediately after my sarcastic comment. Apparently, this is a thing people do on the internet, and has a definition on the Urban Dictionary website, so you know I didn't make this up.
Well i didn't know about that, my b
Sliding in Grifball would serve to close in on someone and throw off their reactions.
In case mine of you realized, but slides simply throw the enemy off, while thrust-slides actually make you go faster than running so if messes with an enemy's timing as well.
Well i didn't know about that, my b
No worries, my dude.
Not sure I've seen people thruster then slide to throw people off
I slide at an enemy only to side boost to their teammate and LAY THE HAMMER DOWN!
Can't convey sarcasm over text
I just slide because I like doing it. Sometimes, I feel like it helps me go faster, but I don't know how true that is.
I just slide because I like doing it. Sometimes, I feel like it helps me go faster, but I don't know how true that is.
As someone who almost exclusively watches the radar, I can promise it doesn't make you go any faster. But I slide in the campaign, so I know what you mean by it feels like it.
Energy swords can miss their swings if you’re sliding/crouching.
that and it makes them look cool
So when I need some easy kills, I go to Grifball, and exclusively look at my radar. And I end up getting 4:1 Kdrs, pretty consistently. It wasn't until recently that I was looking away from my radar and I realized, a ton of people will slide in when they go for kills... Why is this? In my experience it doesn't make them any less likely to get murdered by me, it's just annoying to me because it's useless...
sliding gives you a slit speed boost thats why you see people sliding in grifball
WindFury20 wrote:
sliding gives you a slit speed boost thats why you see people sliding in grifball
Okay, cool. :)
i just slide in grifball or any game mode because it is my playing style, sprint, slide, jump, thrust
i’m still curious how you just use the radar? does their red dot anywhere in the radar mean they are in range? do you need to be facing them?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2