Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Why do people slide in Grifball?

OP FallenGrace616

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
i’m still curious how you just use the radar? does their red dot anywhere in the radar mean they are in range? do you need to be facing them? i guess i have always just eyeballed it
Obviously too look cool.
It actually does close the gap faster than sprinting. You're slowed at the end of it before you can stary sprinting again, which is why it doesn't have an advantage to overall speed.
If you're out of range, start sliding and swinging, by the time the shockwave hits, you are in range.
Powersliding also allows you to clear half the court in just over a second.
But, often times not sliding is the best counter to somebody that is good at sliding. In a single match you'll see me switch it up a lot. Slide in for a double then wait for the next two to slide at me and so forth.

I love radar tanking for kills. So fun. But when you've got 3 randoms that couldn't swing a hammer or carry a ball to save their lives, sometimes you need a bit more to win a match.
i’m still curious how you just use the radar? does their red dot anywhere in the radar mean they are in range? do you need to be facing them?
In my experience, if you start your swing just before they approach the inner circle line, they'll be within range to get hit.

IMO it's way harder to gauge distance without those lines.
i’m still curious how you just use the radar? does their red dot anywhere in the radar mean they are in range? do you need to be facing them?
In my experience, if you start your swing just before they approach the inner circle line, they'll be within range to get hit.

IMO it's way harder to gauge distance without those lines.
Hmm, I’ll look more carefully at the lines.
thanks!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2