Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Why does everyone hate on Halo 5? It's amazing!

OP stukes09

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. ...
  9. 16
. Deceptive marketing (most ambitious Halo singleplayer, an emphasis on the Master Chief vs Locke, etc.)
. Lies from 343 Industries themselves (Josh Holmes saying that the game would have splitscreen, etc.)
. Short singleplayer with little character or world development
. Borderline always-online Digital Rights Management
. Yearly subscription fee to access 99% of the game's content
. Incredibly limited armor customization when compared to previous entries
. Armor unlocks locked behind random chance
. Launched with little content
. Launched with buggy content
. Etc.
Wow, that... that's dedication. I can't play much, but I made it to mission 14, so wish me luck.
tL Armada wrote:
I’m back. Had to stop reading all of the piss poor excuses these people were writing about defending the game to my original posts. You’ve got to love it when all they can do is ride one part so hard they give birth on it.
Boy, you sure do like skewing people's comments to fit your narrative, don't you? Your original point, and I quote "If you don’t read the books, and you never played Spartan ops you wouldn’t know what’s going on" was inaccurate, and was the only thing I countered. Why you continue to try and make it seem as though we've been "defending the game" because of that single point, I have no idea.

You made the claim EU was required for the story, and when refuted, decided to move the goalposts into 'plot holes' territory for some reason.
You’re excusing me of writing my own narrative when you’re doing exactly that? You focused on one point of that paragraph and rode it like a sausage. You completely disregard reviews of youtubers as well as other publishers regarding the story, and you refuse to do your own research.
Wow, that Campaign is crazy. Beat it tho. Now to grind for a CSR.
And, I agree, people should read the ENTIRE story before they focus on something. Micro management gets people nowhere, just saying.
I’m back. Had to stop reading all of the piss poor excuses these people were writing about defending the game to my original posts. You’ve got to love it when all they can do is ride one part so hard they give birth on it.
Either way. I posted my grievances with this game and people are literally fighting my entire argument based on a sub section of it.
Because I don't have an issue with the rest of your post. You said you needed to know certain material to understand Halo 5, and then proceeded not to tell me that and give me plot holes instead. You're the only one taking issue with your "whole argument" when I never even mentioned the rest of your argument.

So yes, you were "parroting" that statement.
It's almost like you read part of the comment and completely ignored a certain part of it. OR you did read it and chose not to acknowledge it.
You’re excusing me of writing my own narrative when you’re doing exactly that?
Where? Where have I done that in any way? What I have done is see a sentence in your post that wasn't accurate and address it. End of.
You made the claim Halo 5 needed the EU or you wouldn't know what's happening. I asked you to back that claim up. You listed 8 different things, 2 of which would be considered 'necessary'. Even in that list, you begin to backpedal with "well, these aren't necessary, but they give some background information" which is much different than your original claim of being required.
You focused on one point of that paragraph and rode it like a sausage.
I focused on that single point because that was the only point I thought was incorrect. You, for some reason, take me countering that one point as if I'm trying to invalidate your entire post because of it, when I never have.
You completely disregard reviews of youtubers as well as other publishers regarding the story, and you refuse to do your own research.
No. You made the claim about the necessity of the books for the game. I asked you to provide the examples. Telling me to 'look around' isn't going to cut it.

What's funny is I have done research on this, that's why I asked you in the first place. I was wondering what you considered need-to-know that wasn't in the game, which isn't a strong list.
I love halo five so much as well and I think some of the critasisum is not needed with the Maine issue being the story which is awful but everything else is fantastic.
Admittedly, I was confused why there wasn't much gameplay when you play as Master Chief, but I guess it would skew the whole story if there was more Master Chief gameplay.
Well, infection and ffa are some crazy gameplay, and I even see my presets for my armor. Love it!
EnderKaiX wrote:
If anyone want to join my squad, click on me, and then the squad, Dead Set Edge, then join.
I'm not a moderator by any means, but I would like to point out that your double posting ,and the real mods might step in.

Instead you can just edit your post and add more stuff to say. Or you can just do what ever you want, it's a free country and no one has to listen to me.

Back on topic I like halo 5, I enjoyed the campaign after I gave it a second chance and play. And I have made many good memories in multiplayer.
My bad.
I honestly liked Halo 4 more than 5. People dislike Halo 5 because the movement is too fast and the time to kill is too low, because of that it just doesn't feel like Halo. I wouldn't say Halo 5 is a bad game, I have had a lot of fun with it, Halo 5 just doesn't feel like Halo. The customization is also a major step down from Halo Reach, even Halo 4 had pretty good customization in terms of combination of armor. Warzone is cool but also kinda pay to win and the Req system in general makes progression feel not satisfying. Halo 5 isn't a bad game, but it isn't a good Halo.
tL Armada wrote:
You’re excusing me of writing my own narrative when you’re doing exactly that?
Where? Where have I done that in any way? What I have done is see a sentence in your post that wasn't accurate and address it. End of.
You made the claim Halo 5 needed the EU or you wouldn't know what's happening. I asked you to back that claim up. You listed 8 different things, 2 of which would be considered 'necessary'. Even in that list, you begin to backpedal with "well, these aren't necessary, but they give some background information" which is much different than your original claim of being required.
You focused on one point of that paragraph and rode it like a sausage.
I focused on that single point because that was the only point I thought was incorrect. You, for some reason, take me countering that one point as if I'm trying to invalidate your entire post because of it, when I never have.
You completely disregard reviews of youtubers as well as other publishers regarding the story, and you refuse to do your own research.
No. You made the claim about the necessity of the books for the game. I asked you to provide the examples. Telling me to 'look around' isn't going to cut it.

What's funny is I have done research on this, that's why I asked you in the first place. I was wondering what you considered need-to-know that wasn't in the game, which isn't a strong list.
So you’re answering a question about doing research. Saying that you have in fact done the research, so you played the game having that knowledge and research.

Meaning that you aren’t able to acknowledge that people that haven’t done the research probably wouldn’t understand the plot points I did bring up because the masses have gone on to state that they didn’t understand what was going on until after they had done the research themselves.

You’re arguing a point that isn’t valid and your only backing it up with your own mindset. This Parroting you’re accusing me of wouldn’t have started if enough people didn’t already agree with My point in that, you have to do your homework to understand what’s going on with the narrative. Thank you and Good Bye.
So you’re answering a question about doing research. Saying that you have in fact done the research, so you played the game having that knowledge and research.
You are correct that I had that knowledge when Halo 5 released, and what I've been saying is that needing the books is fallacious because what the books bring to Halo 5 is minimal.
I didn't think it pertinent before, but I'll specifically list why the examples you gave being required isn't so:
  • Kilo 5 Trilogy
Is not required at all. It mainly focuses on the Kilo-5 team and introduces Jul and gives his background information. Halo 4 is all you really need as it shows that he's the leader of the Covenant Remnant.
  • The Forerunner Trilogy
Isn't required at all, and as I've stated before, would actually make readers more confused with how Halo 5 labels the "Forerunner Domain".
  • Halo 4
It makes sense that a previous game would be required for the proceeding one.
  • Spartan Ops
Really shouldn't be separated from Halo 4, as it was a free expansion available to everyone. Multiple avenues were provided for people to see the cutscenes before Halo 5.
  • Escalations comic
Two issues would be needed to see how Chief reunited with Blue team and what happened to the Janus Key. So far one "book" is needed for Halo 5.
  • Halo: New Blood
Isn't needed, as it's summed up with 'Buck is offered to become a Spartan and he accepts.' He was teased for two games to be Spartan material, and with the Spartan-IV program taking adult volunteers, this is an easy inference to make. It doesn't even explain how he was placed in Osiris.
  • Halo: Nightfall
Isn't needed, as the events shown have no relevancy to Halo 5. It simply introduces Locke, and he's not even a Spartan yet.
  • Hunt the Truth audio Logs
I think we all know how well that played into Halo 5.

So I'm still not sure why you're so confident that all these books are needed when two issues of a comic and a preceding game are actually needed.
Meaning that you aren’t able to acknowledge that people that haven’t done the research probably wouldn’t understand the plot points I did bring up because the masses have gone on to state that they didn’t understand what was going on until after they had done the research themselves.
Somewhat linked to what I wrote above: Having read or watched those examples, I can tell you, not surmise, that people don't need them to understand Halo 5's plot. Halo 5 had a messy story, which I've never denied, but that is wholly accountable on the game, not because the books are required.
You’re arguing a point that isn’t valid and your only backing it up with your own mindset. This Parroting you’re accusing me of wouldn’t have started if enough people didn’t already agree with My point in that, you have to do your homework to understand what’s going on with the narrative. Thank you and Good Bye.
Often times when I see people use the 'books are too important' argument, and they give their reasoning, it boils down to being dissatisfied with the end-product of Halo 5's story and looking to place the blame somewhere. The books, for whatever reason, seem to have been the easiest choice to point fingers. I'll say that as an avid reader, myself and many others were unhappy with Halo 5's writing, and then confused when people started placing the blame where it doesn't belong.
Because there's no Battle Royale mode obviously. How is Halo going to attract screeching 12 year old's without a Battle Royale mode?
I honestly liked Halo 4 more than 5. People dislike Halo 5 because the movement is too fast and the time to kill is too low, because of that it just doesn't feel like Halo. I wouldn't say Halo 5 is a bad game, I have had a lot of fun with it, Halo 5 just doesn't feel like Halo. The customization is also a major step down from Halo Reach, even Halo 4 had pretty good customization in terms of combination of armor. Warzone is cool but also kinda pay to win and the Req system in general makes progression feel not satisfying. Halo 5 isn't a bad game, but it isn't a good Halo.
One thing that went completely overlooked in Halo 4 was how good the shooting was. The hitscan was smooth and on point. Like original H2 good. The BR was great in that game. I don't know what Halo 5's problem is. Sometimes your headshots land and sometimes they don't.

Hello. I'm Mr.Did-not-read-the-Forerunner-trilogy. I'm still able to understand Halo 5 with only information gained from Halo 4.

Meanwhile, despite taking a vacation and all that, you still haven't provided the information I requested.

I'm sure you're just aching to show me more and more plot holes in Halo 5, but that's not what I asked for. You've even gone on to parrot the statement yet again without bringing up an actual plot point.

Its easier for you to pretend you're on a high horse instead of actually shutting down the argument.
Great Multiplayer (one of my favorites in the series) BUT at the same time in my opinion it has the worst campaign out of all the games....
Halo 5 is amazing! And the fall season just started!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. ...
  9. 16