Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Why does everyone hate on Halo 5? It's amazing!

OP stukes09

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 16
I honestly liked Halo 4 more than 5. People dislike Halo 5 because the movement is too fast and the time to kill is too low, because of that it just doesn't feel like Halo. I wouldn't say Halo 5 is a bad game, I have had a lot of fun with it, Halo 5 just doesn't feel like Halo. The customization is also a major step down from Halo Reach, even Halo 4 had pretty good customization in terms of combination of armor. Warzone is cool but also kinda pay to win and the Req system in general makes progression feel not satisfying. Halo 5 isn't a bad game, but it isn't a good Halo.
Precisely this. You hit it right on the head. It's not a bad game and no way should this be a rag on 343 thread. They created a good game. Just not a good Halo game. Especially coming off of 4. Which I also liked a lot. I still play it during my MCC sessions.
We play a Spartan, a modified human. The
Halo 5 news gameplay is consistent. Removing them for Halo Infinite would be regressing for me. Can you go back to Halo CE with heavy maneuverability and without seeing your feet?
Because there's no Battle Royale mode obviously. How is Halo going to attract screeching 12 year old's without a Battle Royale mode?
Halo 5 is the first Halo game rated T. Children prefer armor abilities too.
Because there's no Battle Royale mode obviously. How is Halo going to attract screeching 12 year old's without a Battle Royale mode?
The battle Royale mode in the $60 buy in model seems to be failing miserably, bf firestorm, fallout 76's, Cod blackout all seem to be suffering from low player numbers regardless of if they are good or not.
The free to play model really seems to fit well with battle Royale. So halo should be safe from the screeching 12 year Olds even if they were silly enough to include the mode.
Halo 5. Good game, terrible Halo game. It strays too far from the formula.

I’d probably be ok with it if they took out Sprint, Charge, Ground Pound and MTs. Those things change Halo a bit too much, but the likes of Clamber and thruster packs don’t. Mostly because Clamber is just climbing (an enhancement on crouch jumping, really) and thruster packs effect gameplay minimally.

I think if 343 did the EXACT same thing, but reskinned if and called it something else, it would’ve been met with high praise. Because it IS a good game, except the story and some specific parts, but it isn’t a good Halo game.

Personally, I don’t like It as much as Halo 3 or Reach, but man, did that Forge blow me away.
Natpars wrote:
We play a Spartan, a modified human. The
Halo 5 news gameplay is consistent. Removing them for Halo Infinite would be regressing for me. Can you go back to Halo CE with heavy maneuverability and without seeing your feet?
Well, I went back to 3, 2 and Reach, so... yes.
Also, being a Spartan doesn’t automatically make it practical to jump off a skyscraper and thrust yourself into a crowd of people.
OK, so no evolution. Just we walk slowly like the first three Halo.
Poor survivor of the Spartan II program. All this modification in childhood to just walk like the Marines and ODST but with heavier armor.
I'm not a fan of Ground Pound and Charge Spartan but the rest is a real plus in the gameplay.
I don’t ask that in Infinite we know how to swim but we must know how to evolve instead of staying in the past.
Natpars wrote:
I'm not a fan of Ground Pound and Charge Spartan but the rest is a real plus in the gameplay.
I don’t ask that in Infinite we know how to swim but we must know how to evolve instead of staying in the past.
Why not? Being against Ground Pound, Spartan Charge, and swimming sounds like a contradiction to the rest of your statements.

People like Johnson and John Forge can straight wrestle with an Elite, and don't even get me started on Brutes, but poor Chief because just tackling with all that armor is just going too far.
Natpars wrote:
Poor survivor of the Spartan II program. All this modification in childhood to just walk like the Marines and ODST but with heavier armor.
Halo 5 is the slowest Halo. You were always sprinting in the last three games. Putting your gun down to sprint is backwards, not forwards. Spartan charge and ground pound are nowhere as bad as thrustering. They ruin 1v1s and make grenades less effective. I'd rather play with every other ability except thrusters. That new throwback playlist that 343 added to ranked a while ago showed just how smooth H5 plays without it. All they would have to do was lower the crazy aim assist, especially for the sniper, and it'd feel great. There's nothing wrong with adding things to the series. The first 3 halos were very different from each other.
Natpars wrote:
Why not? Being against Ground Pound, Spartan Charge, and swimming sounds like a contradiction to the rest of your statements.

People like Johnson and John Forge can straight wrestle with an Elite, and don't even get me started on Brutes, but poor Chief because just tackling with all that armor is just going too far.
I know, I did not say the opposite. I’m not against novelties.
Natpars wrote:
Halo 5 is the slowest Halo. You were always sprinting in the last three games. Putting your gun down to sprint is backwards, not forwards. Spartan charge and ground pound are nowhere as bad as thrustering. They ruin 1v1s and make grenades less effective. I'd rather play with every other ability except thrusters. That new throwback playlist that 343 added to ranked a while ago showed just how smooth H5 plays without it. All they would have to do was lower the crazy aim assist, especially for the sniper, and it'd feel great. There's nothing wrong with adding things to the series. The first 3 halos were very different from each other.
We don’t have the same definition of slow.
Natpars wrote:
Natpars wrote:

So Ground Pound & Spartan Charge is an evolution to Halo just like any other reason people will (inevitably fail to) tell me, and not liking or removing them is to go against evolution.
Natpars wrote:
Natpars wrote:
I think I get his point. The map sizes were increased drastically to make room for the new features, so while you may have a faster MPH, the time to destination is the same. Older Halo games had speed increases scattered around the map. Grav lifts and teleporters were much more common in the OT than they are now.

Tbh, I think they do a lot better of a job giving more dynamic gameplay. You can see a man sprinting across a battlefield to come to you, but you really have to stay on your toes to prevent someone from using a teleporter or grav lift that ends near you to prevent a sudden-ish death.
Natpars wrote:
Natpars wrote:

So Ground Pound & Spartan Charge is an evolution to Halo just like any other reason people will (inevitably fail to) tell me, and not liking or removing them is to go against evolution.
Exactly, I totally agree.
Natpars wrote:
Natpars wrote:
I think I get his point. The map sizes were increased drastically to make room for the new features, so while you may have a faster MPH, the time to destination is the same. Older Halo games had speed increases scattered around the map. Grav lifts and teleporters were much more common in the OT than they are now.

Tbh, I think they do a lot better of a job giving more dynamic gameplay. You can see a man sprinting across a battlefield to come to you, but you really have to stay on your toes to prevent someone from using a teleporter or grav lift that ends near you to prevent a sudden-ish death.
I see what you mean. But someone running to you, no matter the size of the maps, can easily be eliminated 😉
Natpars wrote:
Natpars wrote:
What's your definition of slow?
Natpars wrote:
Natpars wrote:
What's your definition of slow?
Serious?
Natpars wrote:
Slowest? I think you live in the opposite universe
The game is not as Gold as the other halos
The game is not as Gold as the other halos
What does that mean?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...