Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Why does everyone hate on Halo 5? It's amazing!

OP stukes09

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. ...
  7. 14
I would love me some grappling hook gun , wall running , jet packing ,double jumping spartan action as well as keeping the existing abilities . I want my spartan to be able to do it all .
everyone hates halo 5 because you have to use xbox live to play multiplayer and not all of us can not buy xbox live.
I would love me some grappling hook gun , wall running , jet packing ,double jumping spartan action as well as keeping the existing abilities . I want my spartan to be able to do it all .
If you want those things then why not buy Titanfall 2?
everyone hates halo 5 because you have to use xbox live to play multiplayer and not all of us can not buy xbox live.
Trust me, that’s not why people don’t like Halo 5, there’s a lot more to it
Surely having 99% of a game's content locked behind a yearly paywall is a considerable factor here.
I did ,,,,,,,,,,,,,its gots practice bots as well, and a pretty decent campaign
Surely having 99% of a game's content locked behind a yearly paywall is a considerable factor here.
hmm true.
Then you already have that experience. Why can't Halo offer its own experience?
Precisely, now your getting it
It hasn't done that for the last 3 titles.
Precisely, now your getting it
It hasn't done that for the last 3 titles.
I take it your initial comment was a sarcastic one?
This is more of an Xbox one issue than it is a halo 5 issue , many next gen games and even plenty of 360 back compatible titles won't allow multi player without Xbox live .
This is more of an Xbox one issue than it is a halo 5 issue , many next gen games and even plenty of 360 back compatible titles won't allow multi player without Xbox live .
Halo 5: Guardians doesn't even allow you to build maps in Forge without an Xbox Live Gold subscription, so it's a Halo 5: Guardians issue.
Halo 5: Guardians doesn't even allow you to build maps in Forge without an Xbox Live Gold subscription, so it's a Halo 5: Guardians issue.
Now with the mcc pc release, I guess you can bypass the yearly paywall .
I haven't gone back to look at all the posts on every other page, but the points made just on this page are good summary of what's wrong with H5.

As someone who started playing online in 2017 after all the content updates were out (ie., the game was finally as finished of a product as it was going to be), I had an absolute blast for a few months. There were flaws, but the game worked and it was fun. Then came those useless weapon tuning updates and the playlist changes. Plus, they somehow managed to screw up the menus and UI into even more of a laggy and broken mess. What used to be slow and clunky before became unusable to the point where, for example, the game froze and crashed after every custom game. I feel like a broken record saying the same things over and over, but these are the reasons H5 quickly became my least-liked FPS Halo.
Halo 5: Guardians isn't included in Halo: The Master Chief Collection.
Halo 5: Guardians isn't included in Halo: The Master Chief Collection.
Well we certainly dodged a bullet there mate 😉
stukes09 wrote:
Those are fair points. I do see a tremendous amount of negativity towards H5 in forums and what not and I am just trying to understand whats so bad about the game. Big deal if it's random unlocks. You get them all sooner or later. What's bad about clamber and thrusting? What's bad about Warzone? Seems like these all just add more dynamism and complexity. Sprinting is great, you can cross a map faster. But it comes at a cost.
I get your point but I know a lot of people(like myself) still like the older games a little more, mostly for the story of halo, now it seems like they are focusing more on multiplayer and less of the story/campaign, they didnt introduce any new enemies, i feel like the promethians are just a broken record, I miss the old days when we were fighting to survive the flood. I'm hoping they can somehow bring them back into the mix.
Unfortunately it is because there is no middle ground in today's online communication. Things are either the best thing ever or they absolutely suck. So while Halo 5 is a blast to play, gameplay is super smooth, graphics are great, it's a big budget title, people will find a few different things they don't like an automatically the whole game is garbage.

It's a mindset all too common online. Personally there are things I like and dislike about Halo 5, overall I would give the game a thumbs up and it does far more right than wrong in my opinion, but all it takes is a few people who don't like the plot (which I don't really care for) and it "ruins" the entire Halo 5 experience for them.
MrDeath130 wrote:
Unfortunately it is because there is no middle ground in today's online communication. Things are either the best thing ever or they absolutely suck. So while Halo 5 is a blast to play, gameplay is super smooth, graphics are great, it's a big budget title, people will find a few different things they don't like an automatically the whole game is garbage.

It's a mindset all too common online. Personally there are things I like and dislike about Halo 5, overall I would give the game a thumbs up and it does far more right than wrong in my opinion, but all it takes is a few people who don't like the plot (which I don't really care for) and it "ruins" the entire Halo 5 experience for them.
You're really simplifying the issues people have with Halo 5: Guardians, and I think you know you're doing that. The game had incredibly deceptive marketing, a story which lacks character and world development, a story which ends on a cliffhanger, every single piece of the game aside from that story requires a yearly subscription fee to access, meaningless unlocks that are locked behind random chance and paywalls, DLC made up of cut content and user-created content to justify that unlock system, less content than nearly any other Halo game at launch, content which didn't function properly at launch, and many other issues. Halo 5: Guardians is loaded with anti-consumer business practices, and that's why people dislike it.

To say that people dislike the entire game just because they disliked the direction of the story is disingenuous.
MrDeath130 wrote:

You're really simplifying the issues people have with Halo 5: Guardians, and I think you know you're doing that. The game had incredibly deceptive marketing, a story which lacks character and world development, a story which ends on a cliffhanger, every single piece of the game aside from that story requires a yearly subscription fee to access, meaningless unlocks that are locked behind random chance and paywalls, DLC made up of cut content and user-created content to justify that unlock system, less content than nearly any other Halo game at launch, content which didn't function properly at launch, and many other issues. Halo 5: Guardians is loaded with anti-consumer business practices, and that's why people dislike it.

To say that people dislike the entire game just because they disliked the direction of the story is disingenuous.
I'm just using that as a specific example. People have specific issue in varying degrees with any game. If you don't like all of that stuff about Halo 5 that's perfectly fine and I get that. What I was referencing more is the all-too-common extreme ends of the spectrum where there is no middle ground for constructive criticism. I've actually dropped off of reddit for this very reason, the most polarizing opinions make it to the top. And it's usually something simple like "Story in Halo 5 sucked I hate that game".

The subject of this post is a perfect example. "Why does everyone hate on Halo 5 it's amazing". Yeah you're not going to get anywhere with that. It's complete exaggeration to say everyone hates it. Simply not true. And then going with the opposite opinon. "Well it's amazing'. Sometimes things can be both, or have a varying middle ground.

I more dislike posts like this in general. Adds nothing to discussion, and it leads to idiots like me just shaking their heads .
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. ...
  7. 14