Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Why does everyone hate on Halo 5? It's amazing!

OP stukes09

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. 15
  6. 16
  7. ...
  8. 17
stukes09 wrote:
I've played almost all the halo games and I think halo 5 is by far the worst. Its multiplayer is great but the campaign could use work. The only thing I really hate is being downed. You have to wait for the terrible a.i. to try and help you up, and it's a real pain on legendary
How much time does anyone really spend in campaign versus multiplayer?
Agreed. I spend hours in campaign if I rage too much on mm, so I just get more understanding of gameplay through campaign.
stukes09 wrote:
I love this game so much. I played all the Halo games and this is a thousand percent funner than any of them. Warzone is honestly the coolest game I've ever played. Sheer Tactical madness. It's like chess vs. checkers (aka slayer). Fighting over the bosses and all that and trying to set up the other team and steal their meat is awesome. I think the REQ system is rad and I love unlocking new weapons trying different vehicle pathways during a game to respond to the situation at hand. I think thrusters and Spartan abilities and armor mods and all that add a lot of dynamism and variability. So why do so many people think this is a bad game? That's all I ever hear.
I mean gameplay wise it’s still not my favorite but it’s decent. That’s about all I can say positively about it 😂
Definitely not 343i being incognito
Church Yo wrote:
When were they ever incognito lol?
Church Yo wrote:
Lol u funny
It's actually one of my all time favorite games, the gameplay mechanics are amazing. Art style... Meh. Campaign... Trash.
I just hate the story, the gameplay is amazing
Zac Static wrote:
I think this is the general reaction. People like the gameplay, it's why people are still playing today.
Zac Static wrote:
What's wrong with the campaign?
stukes09 wrote:
Zac Static wrote:
I somewhat agree with Zac Static. Having played all of the Halo games, H5 and H4 are pretty close together at the bottom of my list in terms of the story. I don't "hate" the story, but there were elements I did not like. A big plot element I did not like was this weird love interest between Chief and Cortana. I get it. They've been through actual hell and back, but Cortana is an AI at the end of the day. The beginnings of her sentience at the end of H4 and all of H5 was a huge left turn in my opinion. The interactions between Chief and Cortana have been very odd. Sometimes seems like they are straight out of love stories. Another thing I did not like too much were how expansive some of the destinations were, but still felt empty. Looked beautiful, but still no substance. IMO

Edit:
And it was probably already said, but the trailers leading up to H5 were nowhere close to being related to how the game actually turned out. That was something that turned me off almost immediately. I didn't mind Osiris, but I wish they developed the characters more. Same with Blue Team.
stukes09 wrote:
Zac Static wrote:
Go watch acts man youtube videos of all 5 parts and you'll understand
Zac Static wrote:
stukes09 wrote:
Zac Static wrote:
People keep saying this, but is Act Man some developer or something. it's kinda confusing me.
EnderKaiX wrote:
Zac Static wrote:
stukes09 wrote:
Zac Static wrote:
People keep saying this, but is Act Man some developer or something. it's kinda confusing me.
He's just a YouTuber, but it doesn't take a video game developer to see when a sequel throws away things that the previous entry was setting up, doesn't care about developing its characters or worlds, or has narrative issues with what is there.
EnderKaiX wrote:
Zac Static wrote:
stukes09 wrote:
Zac Static wrote:
He's just a YouTuber, but it doesn't take a video game developer to see when a sequel throws away things that the previous entry was setting up, doesn't care about developing its characters or worlds, or has narrative issues with what is there.
No he points out everything wrong with the campaign and its so bad. Clearly you don't know halo if you dont agree with how bad it is, it doesn't feel like a halo campaign
Zac Static wrote:
EnderKaiX wrote:
Zac Static wrote:
stukes09 wrote:
Zac Static wrote:
No he points out everything wrong with the campaign and its so bad. Clearly you don't know halo if you dont agree with how bad it is, it doesn't feel like a halo campaign
I don't see where I was defending the game in my response.
Zac Static wrote:
People are entitled to their own opinions. Telling someone they don't know Halo just because they may not agree with your viewpoints isn't constructive
The game seems like a completely different game from all Halos. Others were a little similar.
Avoideds wrote:
The game seems like a completely different game from all Halos. Others were a little similar.
I've never got that sense from playing H4 .
I'd offer the 343i halos all feel very different from bungie halo titles .
Avoideds wrote:
H4 still had a Br H5 main weapon was a pistol :(
Avoideds wrote:
Avoideds wrote:
H4 still had a Br H5 main weapon was a pistol :(
If that is your basis then h5 is ok because Ce had the pistol as your main utility weapon as well
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. 15
  6. 16
  7. ...
  8. 17