Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Why does everyone hate on Halo 5? It's amazing!

OP stukes09

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 16
stukes09 wrote:
Why are all you people who dislike Halo 5 so much still active on its forum, 4+ after launch? Sounds like you still must be playing and enjoying it
Because this is the official Halo forum owned and advertised by 343i and Microsoft. You don't have to play the game to be on the forum, you barely have to own a Halo game at all.

One's enjoyment of the game has little to do with the topics that can be discussed in it. Not every topic is positive.
Ya but why are you in the Halo 5 section? What's interesting about it to you, all these years later. If you don't even play it
stukes09 wrote:
I respect everyone's opinions. I'm hearing a lot of complaints about the campaign and, at least for me, Im like, who cares? How many hours does the average player spend in the campaign versus multiplayer? I mean for me the ratio is 1 to 10,000. I understand for others it might be different. Isn't it boring to just keep replaying the campaign by yourself? MP never gets old. Big team super fiesta, warzone, custom games, etc. My main judgment of the game is based on those experiences. I really enjoyed the campaign too but I only played thru it once or twice.

The only thing that makes me sad about Halo 5 is the fact that I have been playing for a quite a while now and it seems that there is an unbridgeable gulf between me and really good players. I have no idea how they play the game so effectively while I get obliterated half the time. I have watched a bunch of videos and tutorials and try to increase my skill but it seems I have kind of plateaued in the middle of the pack. Maybe I am too old, neurologically, and my reaction times or something are never going to be good enough. I mean I still do quite well sometimes getting 20+ KDA, etc. But when I get matched with the real animals out there, it's lights out, Irene. This of course is no criticism of the game. It's just a bit discouraging to keep playing knowing you will always be second rate lol
Well regarding the campaign part, do understand there is a pretty loyal following of lore fans who like this franchise specifically because it has (or at least, it USED TO HAVE) unusually strong storytelling for a video game, and that was a big part of the appeal for them. Those folks invest a ton of time and energy in the story and its characters and felt very betrayed by Halo 5's story when it came out.

But nevertheless, still agree with you that yeah, the multiplayer as it is now is very addictively good, I certainly play it enough to have gotten my money's worth out of it. I've spent a bazillion more times in the multiplayer than the campaign.

As far as the second thing you said, yeah, it has a steep learning curve for sure, especially for us older guys whose thumbs are starting to slow down a bit, but keep practicing and plugging away. Your K/D is still better than mine, LOL. ;)
That makes sense. I liked the campaign but I guess what do I know. Im a casual.

As for my KDA lol I very rarely get 20+. Usually it's in the low single digits
I agree partially. The idea of reqs is definitely fun, and warzone is super cool. However, I think what upsets most people is the introduction of a spartan you have to play as who is against master chief(who in my opinion was not introduced very well) and the campaign all together. Also, they are getting farther away from the original games.
First of all, Halo 5 has, in my opinion, the best competitive, fair multiplayer.

I SAID MULTIPLAYER. The campaign would be 4/10 and some of the lines spoken are just not inspired. Voice actors like Spartan Locke were good, but the lines...
Req packs. Said enough
Spartan abilities and running mechanics are difficult to get used too after beating Halo CE - Halo 3 on LASO.
Art designed is not very Halo themed. Music is kinda generic and not halo themed but not gonna lie, music like this brought feelings for it in Halo 4, but it seems in Halo 5 they just put music in every single moment of the game. About req packs and just getting them anyways later. It's not about getting them, its about whats the point in getting. 10$ for old Halo 3 armor and helmets. Wth just play halo 3 they're free ;D. None of the armor makes you behave differently. Like in Fortnite if you have the renegade raider you are assumed to be good. In Halo 5 there is only Helioskrill and Achilles. First of all, there are different versions of Helioskrill and it's not really special or rare unless your friends know you got it for real. Then there is Achilles which you get for playing a lot. You just have to play a lot you don't have to be good.
The thing is the locations.
Halo games are usually set on a Halo (for pretty obvious reasons). On the Ring the scene would be lots of trees, landscape, oceans; everything that shows the glory of mother nature (though everything is artificial). With nature comes ancient Forunner/Human structures scattered sparsely all over the place.
The same can be said for Earth or other human colonies, just without the Forunner stuff.
Halo 5 had nature, but it's a little too alien-ish, as shown on Genesis. The Forunner buildings and structures (like the Guardians) were way too sci-fi.
Halo 5 multiplayer maps are also inspired by the locations in campaign, so it also doesn't shout HALO (!!!).
(But Apex 7 in Warzone is excluded because it looks aweaome lol).
i donno they did the Chief Wrong
stukes09 wrote:
stukes09 wrote:
Why are all you people who dislike Halo 5 so much still active on its forum, 4+ after launch? Sounds like you still must be playing and enjoying it
Because this is the official Halo forum owned and advertised by 343i and Microsoft. You don't have to play the game to be on the forum, you barely have to own a Halo game at all.

One's enjoyment of the game has little to do with the topics that can be discussed in it. Not every topic is positive.
Ya but why are you in the Halo 5 section? What's interesting about it to you, all these years later. If you don't even play it
Because
1. It is one of the most populated forums behind maybe the Halo Infinite forums.

2. I don't dislike every aspect of the game, and if I want to have any realistic conversation about Halo 5 (positive or negative) it would have to be taken to the Halo 5 forums.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
kdogxx wrote:
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
halo 4 had split screen. Halo 5 removed split screen.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
AMA4N wrote:
kdogxx wrote:
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
halo 4 had split screen. Halo 5 removed split screen.
Simple things like angering the split screen players for both offline campaign and offline multiplayer. (the Lan Parties were less great, although I still have like 3 360's laying around, one of them is a halo 2 edition.)
Halo 5 is obviously what it is because of action sack and the 2nd campaign mission. (Blue team)
Right? Everyone loved the minigames in action sack and the pain of spending literal days trying to beat blue team on legendary.
Yea... No. Not at all.
This is a joke post.
Seriously though, the 600+ customization reqs and microtransactions are why we love to hate Halo 5.
This game was wack. Enough said.
Halo 5 is obviously what it is because of action sack and the 2nd campaign mission. (Blue team)
Right? Everyone loved the minigames in action sack and the pain of spending literal days trying to beat blue team on legendary.
Yea... No. Not at all.
This is a joke post.
Seriously though, the 600+ customization reqs and microtransactions are why we love to hate Halo 5.
This game was wack. Enough said.
Do you play it?
  • 2 or 3 levels for Master Chief. Hate.
  • No dedicated BTB maps. Hate.
  • Less exp for Arena, all resources go for Warzone Req system. Hate.
  • No post-carnage screen freezing fix for more than 6 months. Hate.
Halo 5 just doesn't feel like a Halo game to me. Multiplayer can be "fun", but it forces me to always play sweaty compared to any of the previous Halo games (hence why this one doesn't feel like Halo). It's become a "twitch" shooter much like COD and others. It is fun at times, but because of how fast-paced the mechanics are along with the horrible (and small) map designs don't really help much with it either in my opinion.
I love this halo. I find myself playing warzone more than anything else though. still, its worth it.
IDX Rider wrote:
Halo 5 just doesn't feel like a Halo game to me. Multiplayer can be "fun", but it forces me to always play sweaty compared to any of the previous Halo games (hence why this one doesn't feel like Halo). It's become a "twitch" shooter much like COD and others. It is fun at times, but because of how fast-paced the mechanics are along with the horrible (and small) map designs don't really help much with it either in my opinion.
What is a "twitch" shooter?
Wozzymag wrote:
I love this halo. I find myself playing warzone more than anything else though. still, its worth it.
Same here, I basically only play warzone. I like how spacious and tactical it is. So many objectives and decisions you need to make. And you can control what weapons you use.
stukes09 wrote:
IDX Rider wrote:
Twitch reflex shooter, he who reacts first wins the gunfight, Halo 5 is nowhere near a twitch shooter, still very much an arena shooter but everyone's entitled to an opinion even if incorrect I guess
stukes09 wrote:
IDX Rider wrote:
Twitch reflex shooter, he who reacts first wins the gunfight, Halo 5 is nowhere near a twitch shooter, still very much an arena shooter but everyone's entitled to an opinion even if incorrect I guess
Thanks. What is an arena shooter?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 16