Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Why does everyone hate on Halo 5? It's amazing!

OP stukes09

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 14
stukes09 wrote:
stukes09 wrote:
I don't like warzone beacuse it's not like normal Halo. Sure everyone starts with the same weapons but in the end the team on the top will be the ones with better reqs not better skills and that isn't right.

I don't like the lootbox system. Sure you'll acquire everything in the end but, how long will that take? I started in 2017 and its 2019, I still haven't unlocked everything (I'm very close though). It's not right that you play for about an hour to earn 10000 req point to buy a gold pack and get some other version of recluse which you don't even like.

SC and GP are terrible because players are being rewarded kills without using any skill.

Ranking system.....

Other than those things I can bear with the rest of Halo 5.
Wrong. High skill players with loadout weapons and and a few basic REQs will obliterate low skill players with high level REQs
From my experience, it doesn't matter what game mode you play. It won't matter how good of player you are, or how good your KD is. If you're not playing with a team that communicates in this game, you're going to lose. Solo players are at an extreme disadvantage. If you see a party of just two you may as well just quit. FFA is the only tolerable game mode.
What do you mean by "see a party of two". How can you tell? Are you saying that you can tell when there is two guys on the other team in a party together? And that in a 12 v 12 match that those two guys are going to make their side invincible? I can tell you that me and my buddy Rictus team up all the time and war zone and we eat $hit half the time
Matching emblems, or sometimes if you go to their names on the scoreboard they have a group name.
IDX Rider wrote:
stukes09 wrote:
IDX Rider wrote:
Halo 5 just doesn't feel like a Halo game to me. Multiplayer can be "fun", but it forces me to always play sweaty compared to any of the previous Halo games (hence why this one doesn't feel like Halo). It's become a "twitch" shooter much like COD and others. It is fun at times, but because of how fast-paced the mechanics are along with the horrible (and small) map designs don't really help much with it either in my opinion.
What is a "twitch" shooter?
Twitch reflex shooter, he who reacts first wins the gunfight, Halo 5 is nowhere near a twitch shooter, still very much an arena shooter but everyone's entitled to an opinion even if incorrect I guess
Yes it is lol. If two pro players were shooting each other, the first one to land the first shot with the Magnum will always win. Twitch reflexes play a big part in keeping your aim with the inclusion of the thrusters that can shoot in in any direction real quick. If your twitch reflexes aren't that great, then ya, you'll always lose those gun fights. If you get shot once and don't react fast enough to just get away, then you're pretty much dead as well. None of the other Halo games played like this. This is why I call Halo 5 a "twitch shooter", and it's the only Halo game I consider to be one as well.
So that reversal medal is a bit redundant then?
IDX Rider wrote:
stukes09 wrote:
IDX Rider wrote:
Halo 5 just doesn't feel like a Halo game to me. Multiplayer can be "fun", but it forces me to always play sweaty compared to any of the previous Halo games (hence why this one doesn't feel like Halo). It's become a "twitch" shooter much like COD and others. It is fun at times, but because of how fast-paced the mechanics are along with the horrible (and small) map designs don't really help much with it either in my opinion.
What is a "twitch" shooter?
Twitch reflex shooter, he who reacts first wins the gunfight, Halo 5 is nowhere near a twitch shooter, still very much an arena shooter but everyone's entitled to an opinion even if incorrect I guess
Yes it is lol. If two pro players were shooting each other, the first one to land the first shot with the Magnum will always win. Twitch reflexes play a big part in keeping your aim with the inclusion of the thrusters that can shoot in in any direction real quick. If your twitch reflexes aren't that great, then ya, you'll always lose those gun fights. If you get shot once and don't react fast enough to just get away, then you're pretty much dead as well. None of the other Halo games played like this. This is why I call Halo 5 a "twitch shooter", and it's the only Halo game I consider to be one as well.
So that reversal medal is a bit redundant then?
That's why i used "pro players" as my example, because they would rarely miss one another. And that's assuming they stay in the single firefight compared to finishing off someone else or doing damage and get an assist (or even having someone else also fire at least 1 shot on your enemy). We can go back and forth all day regarding this and I'll always consider Halo 5 a twitch shooter. Just because COD doesn't have shields but Halo 5 doesn't still doesn't mean Halo 5 isn't a twitch shooter. Sorry if you don't like my view on this but it's not going to change if that's what you're going for.
IDX Rider wrote:
IDX Rider wrote:
stukes09 wrote:
IDX Rider wrote:
Halo 5 just doesn't feel like a Halo game to me. Multiplayer can be "fun", but it forces me to always play sweaty compared to any of the previous Halo games (hence why this one doesn't feel like Halo). It's become a "twitch" shooter much like COD and others. It is fun at times, but because of how fast-paced the mechanics are along with the horrible (and small) map designs don't really help much with it either in my opinion.
What is a "twitch" shooter?
Twitch reflex shooter, he who reacts first wins the gunfight, Halo 5 is nowhere near a twitch shooter, still very much an arena shooter but everyone's entitled to an opinion even if incorrect I guess
Yes it is lol. If two pro players were shooting each other, the first one to land the first shot with the Magnum will always win. Twitch reflexes play a big part in keeping your aim with the inclusion of the thrusters that can shoot in in any direction real quick. If your twitch reflexes aren't that great, then ya, you'll always lose those gun fights. If you get shot once and don't react fast enough to just get away, then you're pretty much dead as well. None of the other Halo games played like this. This is why I call Halo 5 a "twitch shooter", and it's the only Halo game I consider to be one as well.
So that reversal medal is a bit redundant then?
That's why i used "pro players" as my example, because they would rarely miss one another. And that's assuming they stay in the single firefight compared to finishing off someone else or doing damage and get an assist (or even having someone else also fire at least 1 shot on your enemy). We can go back and forth all day regarding this and I'll always consider Halo 5 a twitch shooter. Just because COD doesn't have shields but Halo 5 doesn't still doesn't mean Halo 5 isn't a twitch shooter. Sorry if you don't like my view on this but it's not going to change if that's what you're going for.
I wouldn't dream of trying to change your opinion, except pros rarely miss shotss on any variant of any fps game, that's kind of why they are pros, so it's really not the best example to highlight your point.
H5 is a fun game and definitely made abilities more palatable, but I'd still prefer a return to classic halo movement and no abilities in Infinite. Once the master chief collection got fixed I started playing HCE slayer and haven't looked back. I played a few games of Halo 5 again when 343 came out with the combat evolved playlist and it just reminded me how pointless sprint is. Just an ability for the sake of having an ability, but that really doesn't improve the game or add anything to it. The maps are simply designed bigger which forces players to use sprint even they dont like it.
stukes09 wrote:
Whitedooom wrote:
The argument was that Warzone is pay to win and we were saying not really.
Then why are you quoting me when I'm saying I don't like Warzone because it's not like normal Halo?
Whitedooom wrote:
Literally no one said that magnums only will beat out maxed reqs.
stukes09 wrote:
All you have to do is watch some of these super nasty kids streams to see that that is the case. They use magnums half the time against casuals and rack up like 60 kills.
You were saying? And you're right no one said magnums only I don't know where you got that from I said...

Whitedooom wrote:
stukes09 wrote:
So you guys are saying a team of high level players with magnums and ARs will beat a team of low level players
Whitedooom wrote:
Whitedooom wrote:
Experience is everything and I'm sorry if you get stuck on the solo squad against a team frequently.
Why would this matter to me an Arena player? The only time I play Warzone is for commendations and more Xp. I honestly don't care if the other team all have norfangs I'm just saying Warzone isn't normal Halo, so I don't like it.
Whitedooom wrote:
Whitedooom wrote:
I know players that strictly use magnum/br while only pulling reqs to counter vehicles and these guys still drop 30+ kills easily each game.
So, who are these players? Let me remind you guys that this thread is for people to explain why they don't like Halo 5.
I think Halo 5 is awesome too, with the req packs and warzone. However, I don't think its the best game. The reason people don't like it is because it is so much different from the other halos, and it has a bad campaign.
stukes09 wrote:
I love this game so much. I played all the Halo games and this is a thousand percent funner than any of them. Warzone is honestly the coolest game I've ever played. Sheer Tactical madness. It's like chess vs. checkers (aka slayer). Fighting over the bosses and all that and trying to set up the other team and steal their meat is awesome. I think the REQ system is rad and I love unlocking new weapons trying different vehicle pathways during a game to respond to the situation at hand. I think thrusters and Spartan abilities and armor mods and all that add a lot of dynamism and variability. So why do so many people think this is a bad game? That's all I ever hear.
Halo 5 is disliked because:
1. The Campaign was not anywhere near the standards of a Halo Campaign. It was not very well written and the tone was all out of wack. See
The Act Man’s review of it I think that puts it perfectly.
2. It doesn’t really feel like a Halo game. With all the new abilities, sliding and infinite sprinting. It feels much different to even Halo 4. Over the years of the original trilogy and onwards up to reach halo fan were accustomed too a certain type of game play that really didn’t change much. Now it feels just weird.
disclaimer: I love Halo 5. I’ve played it a lot, level 150, all but 3 commendations finished. 100% achievements. But I can’t deny that it’s different and in some ways not as good as other games. They all have their flaws of course but I feel H5 has the most. Now I’m going to go play more Halo 5 bye
Which Halo do you play the most?
stukes09 wrote:
Whitedooom wrote:
The argument was that Warzone is pay to win and we were saying not really.
Then why are you quoting me when I'm saying I don't like Warzone because it's not like normal Halo?
Whitedooom wrote:
Literally no one said that magnums only will beat out maxed reqs.
stukes09 wrote:
All you have to do is watch some of these super nasty kids streams to see that that is the case. They use magnums half the time against casuals and rack up like 60 kills.
You were saying? And you're right no one said magnums only I don't know where you got that from I said...

Whitedooom wrote:
stukes09 wrote:
So you guys are saying a team of high level players with magnums and ARs will beat a team of low level players
Whitedooom wrote:
Whitedooom wrote:
Experience is everything and I'm sorry if you get stuck on the solo squad against a team frequently.
Why would this matter to me an Arena player? The only time I play Warzone is for commendations and more Xp. I honestly don't care if the other team all have norfangs I'm just saying Warzone isn't normal Halo, so I don't like it.
Whitedooom wrote:
Whitedooom wrote:
I know players that strictly use magnum/br while only pulling reqs to counter vehicles and these guys still drop 30+ kills easily each game.
So, who are these players? Let me remind you guys that this thread is for people to explain why they don't like Halo 5.
If you give reasons that are demonstrably false, like "warzone is pay to win", then it's only natural that we correct you.
I agree intensely. I had MCC a while before, and I was checking all but 4, because I played and beat it, and said, "I should get Halo 5." I never regretted it. I beat Osiris in 40 minutes, pretty good for a newcomer. I have 2 Legendary armors, Mark VI GEN1 and Mark VI GEN1 Scarred. I like how the sprint still keeps your cursor, but you can still hit enemies, unlike H4 sprints.
I have multiple REQ's from opening packs on the web, so I have a lot to use in matchmaking, not happening until I'm at least halfway through the campaign. If anyone want to join my team, go to my profile; EnderKaiX, and join my squad, Dead Set Edge, but I at least need your real name, for security reasons, and I'll get back to you!
IDX Rider wrote:
stukes09 wrote:
IDX Rider wrote:
Halo 5 just doesn't feel like a Halo game to me. Multiplayer can be "fun", but it forces me to always play sweaty compared to any of the previous Halo games (hence why this one doesn't feel like Halo). It's become a "twitch" shooter much like COD and others. It is fun at times, but because of how fast-paced the mechanics are along with the horrible (and small) map designs don't really help much with it either in my opinion.
What is a "twitch" shooter?
Twitch reflex shooter, he who reacts first wins the gunfight, Halo 5 is nowhere near a twitch shooter, still very much an arena shooter but everyone's entitled to an opinion even if incorrect I guess
Yes it is lol. If two pro players were shooting each other, the first one to land the first shot with the Magnum will always win. Twitch reflexes play a big part in keeping your aim with the inclusion of the thrusters that can shoot in in any direction real quick. If your twitch reflexes aren't that great, then ya, you'll always lose those gun fights. If you get shot once and don't react fast enough to just get away, then you're pretty much dead as well. None of the other Halo games played like this. This is why I call Halo 5 a "twitch shooter", and it's the only Halo game I consider to be one as well.
So that reversal medal is a bit redundant then?
No, the Reversal medal is quite possible, even for noobs at H5 like me.
I know that Halo 5 is bad, guys, but at least give 343 some acknowledgement. Making these games are long and hard, (and involves lots of pizza) and they're trying to do their best to appease the fans.
thumbs up to 343!
I know that Halo 5 is bad, guys, but at least give 343 some acknowledgement. Making these games are long and hard, (and involves lots of pizza) and they're trying to do their best to appease the fans.
thumbs up to 343!
Halo 5 rules.
I love how the Warzone matchmaking allows you to choose what difficulty you play, and the Voices of War REQ pack can change the voices you hear in Warzone.
EnderKaiX wrote:
I love how the Warzone matchmaking allows you to choose what difficulty you play, and the Voices of War REQ pack can change the voices you hear in Warzone.
To be fair, sometimes you do get completely smashed, without hope, in Warzone. By an enemy team that is way out of your league. But it's rare. Most games are competitive and very fun. Even when they aren't, you can still have a blast defending a base with a blaze or Oni chaingun or didact's signet or what have you. I actually love when the enemy pushes an armory or core and I can just set them up with a white scar and spnkr ex and all that
stukes09 wrote:
EnderKaiX wrote:
I love how the Warzone matchmaking allows you to choose what difficulty you play, and the Voices of War REQ pack can change the voices you hear in Warzone.
To be fair, sometimes you do get completely smashed, without hope, in Warzone. By an enemy team that is way out of your league. But it's rare. Most games are competitive and very fun. Even when they aren't, you can still have a blast defending a base with a blaze or Oni chaingun or didact's signet or what have you. I actually love when the enemy pushes an armory or core and I can just set them up with a white scar and spnkr ex and all that
If we get smashed, it's not really a problem for me, just very annoying.
I think a LOT of Halo 5’s criticism would die if they cut the Spartan Abilities. Those are too formula breaking to me, as an older fan. I’m ok with clamber, but that’s about it, really.
Bad, sorry, WORSE writing? Butchered spartan customization? -Yoink- server maintenance? Seemingly deliberate attempts to ruin the art style? The unavoidable fatigue of such a long lived franchise? Take your pick.
I know that Halo 5 is bad, guys, but at least give 343 some acknowledgement. Making these games are long and hard, (and involves lots of pizza) and they're trying to do their best to appease the fans.
thumbs up to 343!
I don't think the game is bad in general. There's definitely a competitive element when both teams aren't using automatics. It is what it is. The main problems are radars in ranked and party matching.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 14