Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Why does everyone love the br?

OP Gi0rn0sPian0

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Its everyones favorite gun in the entire franchise. As soon as req level 3 hits 20/24 people switch to to it in warzone. So it becomes a sit behind the rock fest. And even when they do crawl out from under a rock they cry for a nerf because the got mowed down by an AR close range.

Why? Why is this weapon such a beloved thing? It wasnt even a thing until Halo 2. I hate it. I cant stand burst weapons. They're always the go to weapon in EVERY game. They're the best weapon in EVERY game.

As soon as the AR is finally useful and viable. "Oh god the AR is op nerf it. My precious BR cant stand being in the same room as that heathen"

Like for real the DMR is a destructive machine compared to the BR. The covenant carbine.... i dont know how to describe that thing. But the DMR. 4 shots. BR. 4 bursts. And every bullet must hit. DMR 4 bullets. BR 12 bullets. AR. half the damn clip stop whining i dont have enough ammo to decimate the entire team stop crying for a nerf.

The pistol is a mini DMR. It has too much range tbh.
The br is a high skill/high reward weapon. It can kill the fastest out of any precision weapon, (other than the snipers of course), so in the hands of the competent, it becomes a power weapon. It just has so much capability and versatility.
This is good. I love the BR and I rarely have anything bad to say about any weapon. I just love them all. But I have this same problem. All my friends cry about the AR (as well as other things i.e. grenades) and they think I'm crazy when I tell them I like the AR. Halo 5 has my favorite AR aside from Combat Evolved. Anyways cool thoughts Gandong.
Were it up to me the BR would have an energy requirement for using it. Req 3 and 1 energy, resupply ammo from the terminal unavailable.

Then again I was never a fan of the BR to begin with. If I want precision I'll take the DMR thanks.
A BR is the perfect mid to long range weapon with tons of potential at close range if you have a quick thumb. It's very versatile for any situation, making it ideal for almost anything. I am fond of the pistol personally, but the BR is a better weapon, possibly the best, judging strictly on its overall usefulness anywhere.
MaldyMaldy wrote:
The br is a high skill/high reward weapon. It can kill the fastest out of any precision weapon, (other than the snipers of course), so in the hands of the competent, it becomes a power weapon. It just has so much capability and versatility.
This.

Since H3 I was devoted to the MLG playlist and even played on several teams for Gamebattles. The BR is just ingrained into my mind as my "go to gun" and it dominates the battlefield if you know how to navigate the maps to not get caught in a situation where you'll be outgunned.
The BR pales in comparison to the Magnum pistol.

If your not using the Magnum as your primary weapon, then you're playing HALO 5 all wrong.
It's a great precision weapon. It's got burst, has a good scope.. it's useful in almost all situations.
omegacon4 wrote:
The BR pales in comparison to the Magnum pistol.

If your not using the Magnum as your primary weapon, then you're playing HALO 5 all wrong.
I don't think that's very accurate at all. Whoever is using the BR obviously has bad aim (or can't work with the bad aim-ing of 5) if they get beat by the magnum in 5.
this is the first halo game where i've actually been able to get kills with an assault weapon.
Agreed, 343 should really do some weapon tweaking.
Because it's easy to use.
I do not like the BR just for the simple fact, so many other people use. So I use either the DMR or Light Rifle. I heard it requires some luck unlocking the DMR so it might be a while before I can use it. So most likely I might actually have to use the BR for a while. I usually just pick up the weapons on the ground for now.
Its everyones favorite gun in the entire franchise. As soon as req level 3 hits 20/24 people switch to to it in warzone. So it becomes a sit behind the rock fest. And even when they do crawl out from under a rock they cry for a nerf because the got mowed down by an AR close range.

Why? Why is this weapon such a beloved thing? It wasnt even a thing until Halo 2. I hate it. I cant stand burst weapons. They're always the go to weapon in EVERY game. They're the best weapon in EVERY game.

As soon as the AR is finally useful and viable. "Oh god the AR is op nerf it. My precious BR cant stand being in the same room as that heathen"

Like for real the DMR is a destructive machine compared to the BR. The covenant carbine.... i dont know how to describe that thing. But the DMR. 4 shots. BR. 4 bursts. And every bullet must hit. DMR 4 bullets. BR 12 bullets. AR. half the damn clip stop whining i dont have enough ammo to decimate the entire team stop crying for a nerf.

The pistol is a mini DMR. It has too much range tbh.
YAAAAASSS! I was thirsty for some salty tear juice. Now that I'm pleanty hydrated I can reload my BR and continue to four shot everyone!
The BR seems to work best with the strafing/bouncing timing than the semi-auto nature of the pistol. But ever since I completed the commendation for the BR I've been trying to use the DMR and pistol more.
this is the first halo game where i've actually been able to get kills with an assault weapon.
BR is fine now, as someone with assault and CQC weapons can finally beat a mid-long range weapon at short range.

Other games, the BR was the only none power weapon that was any good.
The BR is better than the DMR if you are highly skilled. If you hit all 3 bullets from the burst, you will kill someone faster than you would with the DMR. Now, in swat, thats a different story, you have 3 bullets, that if you are strafing, with not all impact the same location, meaning, you technically have 3 chances to hit them in the head and kill them with one shot.
Because it's fun, Squidward.
Everyone loves it because from the beginning of Halo matchmaking (Halo 2) the BR was the only weapon worth using. This remained true in Halo 3 and old habits die hard.
Lol, as soon as I hit lvl6, I bust out that sexy DMR. BR is diverse. Not the best.
Because it's essentially a power weapon you don't have to pay req points for.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2