Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Why does everyone think the halo 5 ui is bad?

OP beeams9548

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Could anyone tell me why you think the ui is so bad? because i really dont get it. It works fine for me.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Have you tried changing your armour?

You have to scroll through hundreds of different cards, that all look the same beacuse they are so small on the screen (even on my 40").
There's just no organisation.
Also:
One horizontal scroll for base weapon load outs in war zone, takes ages to scroll for load outs.
No post game medals. (Coming)
Cant see ranks on fire team screen.
Before you could see if opposing team was a full team or singles.
No File browser(Coming)

Im sure I am missing a few
Great now people are excusing the UI. What's next people saying the Created are an original and unique fraction.
The UI is unstable and compared to previous UIs in halo it is a complete disgrace.
That sure helped OP understanding....
i got no problems with the ui, sure they could give the armor some filter options but all in all, who cares xD
DW Fame wrote:
That sure helped OP understanding....
i got no problems with the ui, sure they could give the armor some filter options but all in all, who cares xD
Yeah i screwed up.
As for the UI:
Slow as hell
Lack of filter
You can't sell more than one reqs at once.
Req menu is a mess
There are more but i can easily say that Halo 5's UI is one of the worst UI i've ever used
1. Only able to see Emblems in pre-game lobbies whereas before you used to be able to see:
Other players gamertags, which team they would be on, their current rank\service record & much more

2. Post game stats are very minimal and not very interesting to look at for example not being able to see the medals you achieved in the match you just played and overall!

3 . The menu lags or takes a long time to load certain things for example sometimes when I try to promote someone in my fireteam to leader the "boot" sign doesn't come up straight away so if I'm hovered over promote to leader and press A sometimes "boot" shows up replacing my option last second and kicks the player rather than promoting them.

There's many more frustrating ones but those are without a doubt the biggest problems for me with the UI.
It's slow, clunky, unstable, it's boring to look at, too bland, too generic, can't sell more than 1 req,takes forever to leave matchmaking, can't leave a lobby if players are found.
You cannot see the player game tags, lvl, spartan look and stance and you cannot tell how the team is set up. No post game medal in the carnage report.
Sometimes the matchmaking cannot find a game so you have to leave which takes a while then start it up again.
If you are in the middle of matchmaking but you have to do something that requires you to leave the matchmaking you need to do it before a lobby is found because you are locked to it which means you're screwed. Other games allow you to leave and allow space for another person who is in matchmaking but halo 5 doesn't.
Because it is. Its minimalistic to say the least. Yes it works but it does not provide any useful information, no post game medals, no being able to view other spartans while waiting for a game. Its just terrible.
I don't mind the fact that we can't see other players' stat's/rank/clan etc' in the pre-game lobby as I feel people would use it as another excuse to quit/dashboard.

We should be able to see post game medals.

should be able to sell more than one req' at a time.

I'd like there to be a working game chat though that didn't make you lose contact with your fireteam (not sure if this is classed as a part of the UI)
Of the top of my head.
  • No post game medals.
  • No option for muting individual people.
  • No way to tell who the individual you want to mute is in the first place.
  • No way to see what team you're on.
  • No way to see if you're matched against a party.
  • No way to see stances or armour of others in the lobby.
  • "Retrieving data" and "loading" when accessing the REQ menu.
  • No way to sell multiple REQs in one go.
  • No organisation in customisation menu's.
  • Lags frequently.
  • Attempting to leave matchmaking sometimes fails.
  • No option to disable join in progress and no way to see if you are joining in progress before using a (potentially wasted) REQ/XP boost.
A big problem for me is if you ant to see how your armor actually looks before equipping it you have to search through every individual armor on the spartan appearance tab until you find it.
James4125 wrote:
Of the top of my head.
  • No post game medals.
  • No option for muting individual people.
  • No way to tell who the individual you want to mute is in the first place.
  • No way to see what team you're on.
  • No way to see if you're matched against a party.
  • No way to see stances or armour of others in the lobby.
  • "Retrieving data" and "loading" when accessing the REQ menu.
  • No way to sell multiple REQs in one go.
  • No organisation in customisation menu's.
  • Lags frequently.
  • Attempting to leave matchmaking sometimes fails.
  • No option to disable join in progress and no way to see if you are joining in progress before using a (potentially wasted) REQ/XP boost.
There it is. No post-game medals is pretty frustrating. I also dislike that emblems tell you absolute nothing. You can't click through them, so they don't show who the player is or tell you anything about said player. Why even bother having them in the game? And if they don't serve any true purpose, why are we having to use req points to unlock them? The UI is just severely lacking in any beneficial information.
No after game medals
Boring main menu
Slow req station in WZ
After game stats in general are about as bare bones as you can get
Req's not showing up when you first log in
  • We can't mute individual players in the pregame lobby. This is so annoying. Sure we can mute all but sometimes you do get that one person that uses his/her mic to actually benefit the team. And you might actually make a new friend in the process.
  • We can't see our teammates pre-game. Who am I playing with and against?
  • REQ menu is slow, clunky, and unorganized. With no way to filter the items you have.
  • Why am I still only able to sell one item at a time?
  • Where are the medals we earned?
  • It feels like the beta for a finished UI.
I would list more but I think most of it has been covered. I've played games where the multiplayer was an afterthought and obviously tacked on and they had a better UI system. Even the Beta had a better UI system.
people thinks it bad because it is bad. Jk. But in all seriousness though it has a few things that just are super inconvenient. Like someone said just to customize your armour you have to scroll through hundreds of menus. Also the pre game lobby UI is terrible. It gives nothing to really look at. Plus I liked before games started to look at my oppositions armour. I can understand why 343 wouldn't want you to be able to look at their stats pre game but other than that there is no excuse. Pre game menus gave extra worth to customization. To me it just seems like laziness or unable to complete it because of Microsoft's -Yoink- deadlines.
I hate it when you go to invite someone to your fireteam and the "join" button is late on loading so you accidently select that instead of invite and you join theirs and leave yours. Annoying. The REQ system for load outs in Warzone is laggy for me as well. The only other issue is freaking postgame medals! I mean seriously why can't we have that? Other than those 3 things I love the UI. I think it's sexy and it's smooth. Definitely better than what I saw in the Beta.
UI aint bad, get over it, who's gonna buy a new halo if it looks the same as the old one?

And on topic of file share, its up and running.
There are parts that I don't like. Carnage Report needs postgame medals. Customization options need to be better organized (or at least have options for organizing beyond unlock order, especially by grouping). Stances could be used in more places.

But for the most part it looks great and some portions present new and better information than previous editions.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2