Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Why does the wasp ruin everything?

OP dan hair 08

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
In every game type containing the wasp, it always becomes a spam fest. Warzone, just becomes waspzone. Big team slayer? Wasp.

I just had a terrible game. 7-100. They took both wasps and spammed. In the end, nearly everyone besides one guy with "HAWK" as his service tag and I left. I tried the plasma pistol. When I emp'd one, the other attacked. When I tried hijacking, they jumped out the vechile. When I tried the splaser, they killed me before I could charge it. Isn't social supposed to be a place for fun?

The wasp in warzone isn't as bad, considering all those reqs, but it still makes for a horrible experience when you can't leave your base without several bullets and rockets to the face. Warzone is supposed to be a game about securing bases, killing bosses and having fun. It's not supposed to be flying vechiles galore!

The wasp nearly always makes my experience a bad one. Flying vechiles overall should require nerfs. Maybe the wasp could do spins, but be even weaker, but with maybe faster rocket cool down?
Confirmation bias. This is rare. I've never experieced it, it's your team's fault for leaving though. Wasps are pretty weak, as long as your team doesn't leave
Same could be said for sword or the better ghosts. They can lock a team down.
JohnDang55 wrote:
They're much easier to deal with, considering its easier to hijack and you could stick it.
JohnDang55 wrote:
They're much easier to deal with, considering its easier to hijack and you could stick it.
I can't say for BTB but in warzone a lot of wasps don't last long and if targeted are easily taken down even by standard weapons, as the weak point is quite exposed in the wasp.
Wasps by themselves are weak and can't 1vs ghosts or warthogs well.
Pretty much 1 rail gun will take the driver out, rocket launchers and hydras, once they're in the air the wasp cannot do anything about it and is screwed unless its is very near to cover.
Wasps were nerfed hard when they up the req energy, the only nerf they needed is the amount that's put up at the same time.
JohnDang55 wrote:
JohnDang55 wrote:
I can't say for BTB but in warzone a lot of wasps don't last long and if targeted are easily taken down even by standard weapons, as the weak point is quite exposed in the wasp.
Pretty much 1 rail gun will take the driver out, rocket launchers and hydras, once they're in the air the wasp cannot do anything about it and is screwed unless its is very near to cover.
Wasps were nerfed hard when they up the req energy, the only nerf they needed is the amount that's put up at the same time.
Wasps are useless in WZ. Flying piece of paper with bullets.
Nooga wrote:
JohnDang55 wrote:
JohnDang55 wrote:
True, good with a group of them though.

Spoiler:
Show
You go into a game solo and play a team and get destroyed. Can you see where the problem is
In every game type containing the wasp, it always becomes a spam fest. Warzone, just becomes waspzone. Big team slayer? Wasp.

I just had a terrible game. 7-100. They took both wasps and spammed. In the end, nearly everyone besides one guy with "HAWK" as his service tag and I left. I tried the plasma pistol. When I emp'd one, the other attacked. When I tried hijacking, they jumped out the vechile. When I tried the splaser, they killed me before I could charge it. Isn't social supposed to be a place for fun?

The wasp in warzone isn't as bad, considering all those reqs, but it still makes for a horrible experience when you can't leave your base without several bullets and rockets to the face. Warzone is supposed to be a game about securing bases, killing bosses and having fun. It's not supposed to be flying vechiles galore!

The wasp nearly always makes my experience a bad one. Flying vechiles overall should require nerfs. Maybe the wasp could do spins, but be even weaker, but with maybe faster rocket cool down?
I agree to some extent but must also say that mostly its due to the same old fact mentioned many times that players do not coordinate at all to shoot the wasps down. BTB has however become the new farming ground for full fire teams and I had a game the other day (first few games in a long time in BTB since they put a 6 man cap on WZ and those players moved to BTB) where we got farmed really bad in a CTF game. They had both wasps and didn´t cap the last flag but kept farming us with wasps, camo and rockets for the full duration of the game. I think that's very unsporting and they should put a max cap on fire teams also in BTB. Its obvious some of the farmers moved from WZ to BTB to run full lobbies and ruin the experience for the rest of us.
Vaudeur wrote:
Nooga wrote:
JohnDang55 wrote:
JohnDang55 wrote:
True, good with a group of them though.

Spoiler:
Show
It really comes down to how skilled a pilot you are, and if you as you say, coordinate several of them.
Sounds like someone played on Unearthed, because that's a familiar strategy.

What you experienced is no different from how BTB has been played since the dawn of XBL. A well coordinated team will always know when they spawn and do what they can to secure it. Controlling the vehicles and the anti-vehicles on the map require a pretty precise level of coordination on one team and no coordination from the other. If that happens, you'll get destroyed. It's been like that for more than a decade.
Your teammates quit on you. That's not a problem with the wasp.
Two words: focus fire. Do that and they'll burn like paper.

What you experienced is no different from how BTB has been played since the dawn of XBL. A well coordinated team will always know when they spawn and do what they can to secure it. Controlling the vehicles and the anti-vehicles on the map require a pretty precise level of coordination on one team and no coordination from the other. If that happens, you'll get destroyed. It's been like that for more than a decade.
The eternal curse of the "why does my team not use mics?"
Im fairly certain thats been a thing even further back than XBL...online gamers will speak of rolls in the earliest FPS's
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."

Im fairly certain thats been a thing even further back than XBL...online gamers will speak of rolls in the earliest FPS's
Exactly. A well organized team will leave little to no chance for a team of randoms. Back in the H3 days my friends and I would play a lot of BtB with a full team a win almost every game. That being said I did join a game of Warzone last night solo and the enemy team had 5 Wasp up at the same time. They pretty much destroyed us after that, but I couldn't get anyone on my team to help shoot them down. So again not really the Wasp at fault just lack of communication.

I was just talking specifically about BTB, but yeah, I'm sure it goes way back.
Its kind of true but what do you expect when people want to win?
Flamency wrote:
You go into a game solo and play a team and get destroyed. Can you see where the problem is
Exactly. Besides, if you can get teammates to team shoot the Wasps they'll go down pretty quick.
The wasps really don't ruin warzone as a whole(now if they're other vehicles in play spawn camping your home base/armory/central control point, then different story); it just depends whether or not your teammates are willing to work together to shoot down a Wasp(Kinetic bolt weapons help A LOT).
Wasps are very weak, shoot their wing turbines. Your problem was that your team left and they weren't coordinated (let enemy take wasp)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2