Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Why don't you talk? Talk to a Random Campaign!

OP Droog Janus

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. ...
  7. 14
Because most people who even bother using game chat play crappy music, talk to other people in the room but won't mute the mic, are young and act like cod gamers etc.
Because I prefer to talk with my friends on Skype or in an XBL party. Also helps to avoid online jerks.
Sadly, l've encountered too many rude people.
I would love to talk with someone during gameplay about the game and tactics for the betterment of my gameplay and the sense of co op achievement. Being a more casual player, my skill is not top notch and my journey into some games has led (in one case) to rather hostile comments. It's a game. I play for fun. I hope to encounter a few nice people along the way and I have. But the rudeness and hostility has led me to be more silent and as a result less of a team player than I wanted. I keep my ears open and mic muted.
• Mic echoes
• Broken mics that buzz constantly
• people who scream
• kids in the backround
• barking dogs
• people who talk WAY too much, both into the mic, and general noise in the background
• IQ-draining conversations
• Little kids who rage
• People who insult you and cuss you out
• Raging try hards who complain about how bad their team is all game
• People who eat directly into the mic
• Mouth breathers
• Constant coughing and yacking into the mic
• Barriages of racist and sexist comments

Now the pros:

• Funny or cool conversations
• Someone who also plays the objective, or tactically, and actually makes good call outs.

The list of pros is just too little for me to sift through the massive pile of negatives. I mic up if I'm with friends, or in a more "mature" and less disrespectful party. But pub chat has always been something that I insta-mute immediately in any FPS, going back to MW4.
Wow! I must be one of the lucky few to always match up with people who NEVER talk. Of the few times I've actually heard people with a mic on, most of the time they get sent to the other team or I just have to mute them because they're not helpful (putting it nicely). I will always be in game chat, unless with friends who start a party, so I can call out when the other team takes our armory and we're about to get spawn trapped in the middle, then our home base.
So I just got off from a brief grind with one of the guys in my Company. He didn't have his mic with him, but he could hear me. Even with just one way communication between us, we were both able to keep a pretty decent groove going and keeping up with each other. We didn't win every game, but we at least played like a team.

Communication. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain by pursuing it.
No real point to it as most of game chat is back round nice from stupid crap or having 12 year olds being stupid.
Because I like to relax. And relaxing may include, but is not limited to, not talking with anyone.
I've had two days in a row now where a guy had a baby crying nonstop in the background during a warzone match, I just clicked mute all and was like ...ahhhh...silence!
I've had two days in a row now where a guy had a baby crying nonstop in the background during a warzone match, I just clicked mute all and was like ...ahhhh...silence!
Thank goodness for mute all. I ain't got time to sift through whos talking and whos not in order to figure out who it was. It's either that or yell at them to shut their kid up; of course, besides being extremely rude and nonsensical, considering it's a baby, it would defeat the whole purpose of NOT talking. :D
My reason for not using the mic is that I'm shy. I play war zone a lot and I have come to realize that communication is key to win. I guess I will give it a try. The only mic I have is the one that came with the xbox. How good is it or should I invest in a better headset? Any recommendations?
because plenty of people talk in my games and they mostly sound like jerks. I've had my best moments of teamwork with people who were silent like me but knew how to communicate non-verbally.
This is my favourite post. How do you communicate non-verbally in Halo? Please give some examples.

Someone read this post and made this.I'm starting to get a bigger picture here. You know, all these idiots that ruin it for everyone have become the majority because the normal, considerate people have given up and just use party chat now. If we went back to using game chat and muting/reporting those that abuse the system. We should take our community back from these fools.

Viva la chat revolution!
Guys, this is an important issue for all Halo players. Please keep this important message alive within the community!
Guys, this is an important issue for all Halo players. Please keep this important message alive within the community!
Doing it.
BTW, when you get the Spartan Company up for chatters let us know; i already have a SC, but will try to play with y'all when alone - love the interaction with other players, and learning how to play a game from others help is the true win in multiplayer games like Halo.
Great job with the post!
Ok, I'll get one set up at some point today. Going to name it Chatty Chatty Bang Bang!😀 Thanks for the support guys!
...most of the people i've met in game-chat so far just made some weird noises

i keep my headset on, just put my mic on mute, and i would only unmute it if there's another person talking (as in - using ACTUALords kind of talking), tho i'm yet to meet such 'other person'
I do the same when playing solo but when I'm with friends, we usually insist on game chat so we can call out to others. Usually we have to deal with kinetic mic's though ( don't understand how people think kinects are acceptable to use )
Ok, I'll get one set up at some point today. Going to name it Chatty Chatty Bang Bang!😀 Thanks for the support guys!
Count me in buddy
Leading a Company of my own, but if I weren't, I would totally be joining this.
Ok, i'll get some invites sent later.
Count me in for the Company!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. ...
  7. 14