Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Why Halo 5 is the Most Skilled Game

OP xBALLER 4 LYFEx

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I think the weapon balance in Halo 5 is what makes it the most skill focused game in the series. Knowing the strengths of the weapon you have, and how to leverage them, is what can really set players apart.

I also absolutely love that every weapon is useable. There isn't a single weapon I feel at an absolute disadvantage with.

And even if others don't agree H5 it's the most skilled, it's definitely the most skilled since H3.
kjbart wrote:
Sorry but that's a pretty terrible argument. Super Fiesta is completely random with power weapons. Of course I guy isn't gonna compete against 2 guys in a room with a rocket launcher and The Answer, with just a pistol.

But the pistol can easily beat someone with a BR or AR, in a regular slayer match.
I thought you said the magnum was OP? As in Over Powered. Meaning it should take on power weapons with no problem, am I wrong? I thought we were talking about the magnum not the pistol. The magnum is so OP and other weapons can't compete. Take a look at this and this.
The button combos are incomparable to spartan abilities. It took a lot of practice to pull them off, let alone consistently in an actual 1v1. And you had to play claw, otherwise your aim suffered. The ones that were able to utilize them as if they were second nature had a huge advantage over other players. I'm glad Bungie got rid of them, but they weren't crutches by any means.
Most people only mention how bad spartan charge is when thrusters are way worse. It's simply one button and you don't even have to strafe well. Losing the 1v1 means you should lose, or putting yourself in a bad position means you should pay for it with a death. You're basically saying that being able to bail yourself out of any situation is why Halo 5 takes more skill than its predecessors. That's ridiculous.
I'm not saying H5 doesn't take skill, because it does. But you can't deny that Mythic Rumble already feels miles better despite thrusters and the bad maps. I'll agree that power weapons and equipment were annoying as -Yoink- in 3.
I never said spartan abilities, I'm talking about movement, maybe you should watch the video I linked.... Do you know how much practice it takes to hit a spring jump consistently? It is harder than the button combos imo. I have used the spring jump many times to get higher than my opponent regain shields and challenge again. Thrust is used as apart of strafe so using thrust well means you strafe well. I'm saying that because people can bail themselves out of situations it takes more skill to kill them than the predecessors. I don't know what one playlist (Mythic Rumble) s to do with a whole game being skilled. I've played Mythic and it is easier than any other playlist except swat. Players can't sprint away and thrust is nerfed so it's like Halo 2 without the button combos to help them out. Of course this is the result of the H2BR being powerful because it was already easy to use when you could sprint, thrust, etc. Mythic is still Halo 5 btw, so are you agreeing with me?
Spartan abilities are an integral part ofthe movement as a whole in H5. It's not like Reach where you had to pick them up in some game modes, or spawn with certain ones. You said it yourself: thrusters are an extension of your strafe. I can understand why many people like it, but I've won a few 1v1s against decent players by hardly stafing, then thrusting in a random direction. I've lost many 1v1s, because somebody did the same to me. Thrusters make the game feel like a twitch shooter a lot of times. 343 already made crouch strafing way better than any other Halo. You don't even have to stop moving to crouch. It's like a new feature that improved the gameplay without ruining the golden triangle. You don't need thrusters when you have crouch strafing. I mentioned Mythic Rumble, because it feels much better to play in my opinion. If you read some of the posts from players that actually like the advanced movement, they too like how it plays, though they want thrusters to remain in Halo 6, and that's fine if they like them. Even with the 18m radar, you no longer have to worry about somebody hitting you with a charge for a cheap kill. There's a lot of kill stealing though, but that's because of the maps and movement speed which will obviously be fixed in the future. I agree that the H2br feels easier to use. It doesn't feel right for that gamemode. They should just give everybody a pistol.
My bad, when it comes to spartan abilities I only think about SC and GP I forgot about the rest. As for Mythic Rumble feeling better, I'm not so sure about that. The only content creator who I have seen talk about it is Proximitty who loves advanced movement and he doesn't seem to like Mythic Rumble too much. My friends told me to play it when warming up because it is easy compared to standard Halo 5. They aren't wrong but, it may just be the terrible matchmaking system.
kjbart wrote:
Sorry but that's a pretty terrible argument. Super Fiesta is completely random with power weapons. Of course I guy isn't gonna compete against 2 guys in a room with a rocket launcher and The Answer, with just a pistol.

But the pistol can easily beat someone with a BR or AR, in a regular slayer match.
I thought you said the magnum was OP? As in Over Powered. Meaning it should take on power weapons with no problem, am I wrong? I thought we were talking about the magnum not the pistol. The magnum is so OP and other weapons can't compete. Take a look at this and this.
Yeah I think you think I'm someone else. I never said anything about the magnum, I was responding to what you said to the other person about super fiesta and how it's not a fair argument. When I said pistol in my response I meant magnum, my bad.
kjbart wrote:

The button combos are incomparable to spartan abilities. It took a lot of practice to pull them off, let alone consistently in an actual 1v1. And you had to play claw, otherwise your aim suffered. The ones that were able to utilize them as if they were second nature had a huge advantage over other players. I'm glad Bungie got rid of them, but they weren't crutches by any means.
Most people only mention how bad spartan charge is when thrusters are way worse. It's simply one button and you don't even have to strafe well. Losing the 1v1 means you should lose, or putting yourself in a bad position means you should pay for it with a death. You're basically saying that being able to bail yourself out of any situation is why Halo 5 takes more skill than its predecessors. That's ridiculous.
I'm not saying H5 doesn't take skill, because it does. But you can't deny that Mythic Rumble already feels miles better despite thrusters and the bad maps. I'll agree that power weapons and equipment were annoying as -Yoink- in 3.
I never said spartan abilities, I'm talking about movement, maybe you should watch the video I linked.... Do you know how much practice it takes to hit a spring jump consistently? It is harder than the button combos imo. I have used the spring jump many times to get higher than my opponent regain shields and challenge again. Thrust is used as apart of strafe so using thrust well means you strafe well. I'm saying that because people can bail themselves out of situations it takes more skill to kill them than the predecessors. I don't know what one playlist (Mythic Rumble) s to do with a whole game being skilled. I've played Mythic and it is easier than any other playlist except swat. Players can't sprint away and thrust is nerfed so it's like Halo 2 without the button combos to help them out. Of course this is the result of the H2BR being powerful because it was already easy to use when you could sprint, thrust, etc. Mythic is still Halo 5 btw, so are you agreeing with me?
Spartan abilities are an integral part ofthe movement as a whole in H5. It's not like Reach where you had to pick them up in some game modes, or spawn with certain ones. You said it yourself: thrusters are an extension of your strafe. I can understand why many people like it, but I've won a few 1v1s against decent players by hardly stafing, then thrusting in a random direction. I've lost many 1v1s, because somebody did the same to me. Thrusters make the game feel like a twitch shooter a lot of times. 343 already made crouch strafing way better than any other Halo. You don't even have to stop moving to crouch. It's like a new feature that improved the gameplay without ruining the golden triangle. You don't need thrusters when you have crouch strafing. I mentioned Mythic Rumble, because it feels much better to play in my opinion. If you read some of the posts from players that actually like the advanced movement, they too like how it plays, though they want thrusters to remain in Halo 6, and that's fine if they like them. Even with the 18m radar, you no longer have to worry about somebody hitting you with a charge for a cheap kill. There's a lot of kill stealing though, but that's because of the maps and movement speed which will obviously be fixed in the future. I agree that the H2br feels easier to use. It doesn't feel right for that gamemode. They should just give everybody a pistol.
My bad, when it comes to spartan abilities I only think about SC and GP I forgot about the rest. As for Mythic Rumble feeling better, I'm not so sure about that. The only content creator who I have seen talk about it is Proximitty who loves advanced movement and he doesn't seem to like Mythic Rumble too much. My friends told me to play it when warming up because it is easy compared to standard Halo 5. They aren't wrong but, it may just be the terrible matchmaking system.
Thrusters are just a personal gripe of mine.
kjbart wrote:
kjbart wrote:
Yeah I think you think I'm someone else. I never said anything about the magnum, I was responding to what you said to the other person about super fiesta and how it's not a fair argument. When I said pistol in my response I meant magnum, my bad.
Yeah, sorry about that, you guys had similar profile pics and I neglected paying attention to the names.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2