Why Halo 5 Needs 4x Exp Rates until Halo Infinite

OP Sector Fox

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
It is no secret to anyone attempting "the grind" that SR 152 is a near impossible time sink. There are those of us who are very passionate Halo fans who just don't have that kind of time to sink into any game. I have put what is to me an absurd amount of time into Halo 5, and I am just over 6 million total exp. It is almost impossible for me to make this grind while I am trying to balance it with my day to day life.

I want this token of appreciation so bad. I am willing to do almost anything for it, whatever it is, but time is just not something I can offer. I feel insane doing Warzone Firefight for hours a day, trying to schedule my life around it. There needs to be an easier way to get to 50 million exp.
Sadly making it easier would be unfair to those who put in the time the normal way. I just passed 50% of the game by getting to SR 150 and reaching 25 mill xp.
I think that the double xp boost right now and the legendary xp boosts are good enough to get xp quickly.i just hope those weekly packs will stay for a while.
Sadly making it easier would be unfair to those who put in the time the normal way. I just passed 50% of the game by getting to SR 150 and reaching 25 mill xp.
I think that the double xp boost right now and the legendary xp boosts are good enough to get xp quickly.i just hope those weekly packs will stay for a while.
There are so few who will even get it that I don't think it will even matter. Even with quad exp, the playerbase is so small that even if everyone playing right now getting it, it would be an extremely rare sight in Infinite to see whatever surprise there is to get.
Halo 5 has been out for 5 years, and I’m willing to
bet that max rank players have moved onto other games. Who cares if it’s viewed as unfair. Everyone loves the double XP going on right now, and it could be considered unfair to those who’ve already reached max rank. Throwing quad XP would be awesome for those grinding along the way. I’m at 32 Mil and when I reach 152 I wouldn’t be opposed to them increasing the XP payout.
bet that max rank players have moved onto other games. Who cares if it’s viewed as unfair. Everyone loves the double XP going on right now, and it could be considered unfair to those who’ve already reached max rank. Throwing quad XP would be awesome for those grinding along the way. I’m at 32 Mil and when I reach 152 I wouldn’t be opposed to them increasing the XP payout.
I think the amount of time you have to sink into the game to even come close is unfair.

I have put 11 days worth of IN GAME time into Halo 5, and I am only just over ONE TENTH of the way there. 343i is really asking players to put over 100 DAYS worth of time into playing that game. That's 2400 hours. That is more time than a lot of professionals have in their main competitive game. It is beyond absurd.
I think 4x exp rates is a little too much. As long as the double exp continues, people should be able to get to a fairly high level and continue on normally from there when it ends. Especially with the 40x Legendary exp boosts 343i have been giving out every week.
Sector Fox wrote:
I think the amount of time you have to sink into the game to even come close is unfair.

I have put 11 days worth of IN GAME time into Halo 5, and I am only just over ONE TENTH of the way there. 343i is really asking players to put over 100 DAYS worth of time into playing that game. That's 2400 hours. That is more time than a lot of professionals have in their main competitive game. It is beyond absurd.
I have to agree with this. I'd be interested to see what the demographic of the max level players are. Even if you are just in school, no job, and no kids it is just insane how much time is required. To anyone who's job isn't YT I just can't see how people have done it.
Sector Fox wrote:
It is no secret to anyone attempting "the grind" that SR 152 is a near impossible time sink. There are those of us who are very passionate Halo fans who just don't have that kind of time to sink into any game. I have put what is to me an absurd amount of time into Halo 5, and I am just over 6 million total exp. It is almost impossible for me to make this grind while I am trying to balance it with my day to day life.

I want this token of appreciation so bad. I am willing to do almost anything for it, whatever it is, but time is just not something I can offer. I feel insane doing Warzone Firefight for hours a day, trying to schedule my life around it. There needs to be an easier way to get to 50 million exp.
I would gladly enjoy that, I am at 33,100,000 xp right now. However I think quad xp is a a lot of xp. I feel like double xp is fine. Keep in mind reaching max rank should not be as easy to obtain. There is a reason for such a high ridiculous high xp cap. It would keep the hardcore halo players playing. Also the game has been out for five years at this point. There has been plenty of time to reach max rank. Max rank is meant for people that play halo a lot. I think this double xp should stay permanent and the weekly handouts of xp boosts.
The point is that it's something attainable only for a few. The process is straightforward. No one is asking you to do it. H5 doesn't require you to reach it for anything other than the pride of having done so and Infinite is not going to be broken if you don't get the token of appreciation. Plus, I don't think it was stated anywhere that you would not be eligible to receive the token if you reach 152 after Infinite comes out.

343i has enabled double XP and they are giving out 20 Legendary boosts every week. Plus, they will eventually increase XP payouts for Heroic FF. I think they have done more than enough to make the grind to 152 take less time. Keep playing at a steady rate and you will get there.
tuhin94 wrote:
The point is that it's something attainable only for a few. The process is straightforward. No one is asking you to do it. H5 doesn't require you to reach it for anything other than the pride of having done so and Infinite is not going to be broken if you don't get the token of appreciation. Plus, I don't think it was stated anywhere that you would not be eligible to receive the token if you reach 152 after Infinite comes out.

343i has enabled double XP and they are giving out 20 Legendary boosts every week. Plus, they will eventually increase XP payouts for Heroic FF. I think they have done more than enough to make the grind to 152 take less time. Keep playing at a steady rate and you will get there.
They will? Oh, this is excellent news. It's all my wife and I have been playing recently.
tuhin94 wrote:

They will? Oh, this is excellent news. It's all my wife and I have been playing recently.
Yep, I was pretty excited about it too! To give a complete summary, their plan is to make Heroic pay out as much as Legendary, make Mythic permanent, and remove Legendary altogether. I believe they delayed their plans because they needed to test some things before making the changes live and that is not possible at the moment since they have to work from home.
I am now at 51 million XP and hit 152 about a month ago. The recent gift packs helped. It has taken roughly 66 days of game time to get there. I always used xp boosts and used rp points to “buy” the gold packs when they become available. I made sure I kept only the vehicles and weapons I used to unlock rp points. If you don’t enjoy the game, then it will indeed be a slog and my advice is simply don’t bother with the grind. And I work full time with wife and kids and a house to look after but halo 5 is the only game I play...cheers!
Where do you find total xp earned?
I strongly disagree, maybe 2x because 152 is supposed to be a grind if this change was in the game people could go from SR1 to SR152 in months. It would be very overpowered to go up 40-50 thousand XP every warzone game.
Where do you find total xp earned?
you need 50 million XP to earn 152, I hope this helps.
I could not disagree more. The grind to 152 was long yes, but overall obtainable to many players that just put in the time to play. Plus, I think it would be an insult to 152 players, to make it any easier than it allready is with the current amount of doubles exp and legendary boosts given out.
Regice554 wrote:
I could not disagree more. The grind to 152 was long yes, but overall obtainable to many players that just put in the time to play. Plus, I think it would be an insult to 152 players, to make it any easier than it allready is with the current amount of doubles exp and legendary boosts given out.
You are absolutely right! Halo 5: Guardians is going to be 5 years old in October. There are plenty of people who have been playing since the game launched in 2015. A number of those players have actually reached the rank of 152 by playing nothing by Arena which doesn't reward nearly as much XP as Warzone. 343 Industries gave incentive to reach max rank but they're not going to be make it easy. Honestly, there's no sympathy for those who haven't been playing and are now complaining because the grind to 152 is too long. We have all had the last 5 years to chip away at the obtaining 152. If you really want to hit 152 and earn whatever this "token of appreciation" is, in Halo Infinite, you better start grinding.

Heroic Warzone Firefight is the easiest and fastest way to earn XP right now. With double XP and using a Legendary XP Boost, you'll earn between 19,000 - 21,000 XP per game. Yes, you can play Legendary or Mythic Warzone for a few thousand more XP, assuming you'll win, but it's harder and you'll likely burn through more REQ's which you'll need to conserve if you're gonna put to 152. Oh by the way, the average game of Heroic Firefight is roughly 15 minutes especially when you learn tricks to defeat bosses. An example being the Temple map, round 3, Pheaton Pilots, you can beat the round in 10 seconds if you have two players positioned to assassinate the pilots the moment they spawn. Legendary and Mythic Warzone will be harder, especially if you're not running with a Fireteam, and average close to 25 minutes.

One last thing, just to put things into perspective. Halo Reach max rank of Inheritor required 20,000,000 credits (XP). Halo 5 max rank of 152 requires 50,000,000 XP. Oh by the way, the half way point to 152 is once you hit 150. No joke. If you're serious about grinding to 152, start playing and take advantage of the double XP as long as you can.

By the way, HI REGICE!!!
Regice554 wrote:
You are absolutely right! Halo 5: Guardians is going to be 5 years old in October. There are plenty of people who have been playing since the game launched in 2015. A number of those players have actually reached the rank of 152 by playing nothing by Arena which doesn't reward nearly as much XP as Warzone. 343 Industries gave incentive to reach max rank but they're not going to be make it easy. Honestly, there's no sympathy for those who haven't been playing and are now complaining because the grind to 152 is too long. We have all had the last 5 years to chip away at the obtaining 152. If you really want to hit 152 and earn whatever this "token of appreciation" is, in Halo Infinite, you better start grinding.

Heroic Warzone Firefight is the easiest and fastest way to earn XP right now. With double XP and using a Legendary XP Boost, you'll earn between 19,000 - 21,000 XP per game. Yes, you can play Legendary or Mythic Warzone for a few thousand more XP, assuming you'll win, but it's harder and you'll likely burn through more REQ's which you'll need to conserve if you're gonna put to 152. Oh by the way, the average game of Heroic Firefight is roughly 15 minutes especially when you learn tricks to defeat bosses. An example being the Temple map, round 3, Pheaton Pilots, you can beat the round in 10 seconds if you have two players positioned to assassinate the pilots the moment they spawn. Legendary and Mythic Warzone will be harder, especially if you're not running with a Fireteam, and average close to 25 minutes.

One last thing, just to put things into perspective. Halo Reach max rank of Inheritor required 20,000,000 credits (XP). Halo 5 max rank of 152 requires 50,000,000 XP. Oh by the way, the half way point to 152 is once you hit 150. No joke. If you're serious about grinding to 152, start playing and take advantage of the double XP as long as you can.

By the way, HI REGICE!!!
I most definitely agree with your statement, just got to 150, and yes tricks will help ones way, an easy one is the soldier bandits on temple, i grab something explosive like rockets, plasma caster etc and, and if your fast enough you can hit them when they spawn, it kills them quickly and if you some more people helping you the round barely lasts 10 seconds.
Mythic when available or even Legendary is better for me, I'm not down for speed FF where everyone can slay hordes and feel godly. Honestly it cuts the riff raff out really.
So, in short, Quadruple Exp is needed because you've got other, real-life responsibilities that require your time, which means you have less time for Halo 5. Well, I'm sorry to say, but well, that's just life. But the good thing is, 152 isn't going anywhere. You can take as long as you need to achieve it. Even when Infinite comes out, you can still work toward 152 in Halo 5, if getting 152 is that big of a deal for you, that is.

Essentially, though, suggestions made purely to cater to your own lifestyle are likely not even taken seriously.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4