OP Sector Fox

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Sector Fox wrote:
It is no secret to anyone attempting "the grind" that SR 152 is a near impossible time sink. There are those of us who are very passionate Halo fans who just don't have that kind of time to sink into any game. I have put what is to me an absurd amount of time into Halo 5, and I am just over 6 million total exp. It is almost impossible for me to make this grind while I am trying to balance it with my day to day life.

I want this token of appreciation so bad. I am willing to do almost anything for it, whatever it is, but time is just not something I can offer. I feel insane doing Warzone Firefight for hours a day, trying to schedule my life around it. There needs to be an easier way to get to 50 million exp.
I get what you’re saying! I seriously do! I feel bad for those that are in your situation, as I too am a huge Halo fan! I never played any Halo games before 4 so I never was able to get a 50 in 3, or Inheritor in Reach, wish I could but it’s an insane grind too! I was one of the people to get to 152 before these xp packs and double xp weekends dropped so believe me when I say, yeah it’s an insane grind and it took me around 70 days of playtime to achieve it!

Right now I’m gobsmacked at how insane the MCC tour grind is, as that is sat at about 200,000,000xp.. So I get what you’re saying!
I was wondering does Warzone Warlords give you more XP for getting / having an 12 persons fire team ?
No, but because they games typically go longer (because they are closer) naturally you earn more XP since the games last longer.
tuhin94 wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
The point is that it's something attainable only for a few. The process is straightforward. No one is asking you to do it. H5 doesn't require you to reach it for anything other than the pride of having done so and Infinite is not going to be broken if you don't get the token of appreciation. Plus, I don't think it was stated anywhere that you would not be eligible to receive the token if you reach 152 after Infinite comes out.

343i has enabled double XP and they are giving out 20 Legendary boosts every week. Plus, they will eventually increase XP payouts for Heroic FF. I think they have done more than enough to make the grind to 152 take less time. Keep playing at a steady rate and you will get there.
They will? Oh, this is excellent news. It's all my wife and I have been playing recently.
Yep, I was pretty excited about it too! To give a complete summary, their plan is to make Heroic pay out as much as Legendary, make Mythic permanent, and remove Legendary altogether. I believe they delayed their plans because they needed to test some things before making the changes live and that is not possible at the moment since they have to work from home.
Do you happen to have a link or a place to look to see where they said this? Really excited and want to see for myself. Also, does anyone know when the 2xp period ends? I heard on a Youtube video tomorrow was the last day, hope they don't end it just yet.
Sector Fox wrote:
Sadly making it easier would be unfair to those who put in the time the normal way. I just passed 50% of the game by getting to SR 150 and reaching 25 mill xp.
I think that the double xp boost right now and the legendary xp boosts are good enough to get xp quickly.i just hope those weekly packs will stay for a while.
There are so few who will even get it that I don't think it will even matter. Even with quad exp, the playerbase is so small that even if everyone playing right now getting it, it would be an extremely rare sight in Infinite to see whatever surprise there is to get.
It would still be cool to get a rare item in Infinite
I’ll take it thanks
Great idea 👎 If you were as big of a fan as you say, you'd have more than 6M xp after the 4 years it's been out. Also, you said you'd do anything to get that 152.... EXCEPT the one and only thing that's required. Just explain to your employer they should pay you 4x your normal pay (or 1/4 the time for the same pay)! Problem solved.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Sadly making it easier would be unfair to those who put in the time the normal way. I just passed 50% of the game by getting to SR 150 and reaching 25 mill xp.
I think that the double xp boost right now and the legendary xp boosts are good enough to get xp quickly.i just hope those weekly packs will stay for a while.
I agree that double xp is good enough for the time being, but even that is over now. :(
Sector Fox wrote:
It is no secret to anyone attempting "the grind" that SR 152 is a near impossible time sink. There are those of us who are very passionate Halo fans who just don't have that kind of time to sink into any game. I have put what is to me an absurd amount of time into Halo 5, and I am just over 6 million total exp. It is almost impossible for me to make this grind while I am trying to balance it with my day to day life.

I want this token of appreciation so bad. I am willing to do almost anything for it, whatever it is, but time is just not something I can offer. I feel insane doing Warzone Firefight for hours a day, trying to schedule my life around it. There needs to be an easier way to get to 50 million exp.
I 100% agree with you but that will not most likely happen. I made a post exactly like this except properly increasing the XP payout as a whole. But the Halo 5: Fan base and or Players that are ranked 152 are completely tunnel visioned. It’s really sad that these people are blindly defending this flawed XP system especially since everything in the game, ranging from the boosts themselves to the overall progression system is their to greatly stretch out your play time. Doesn’t help to that the Halo 5 multiplayer team only focused on providing certain featured playlists with double XP. To be honest, I don’t think Halo 5 received any form of Double XP aside from the Legendary XP Boosts. Which doesn’t solve the problem but instead over saturates it even more.
Sector Fox wrote:

I 100% agree with you but that will not most likely happen. I made a post exactly like this except properly increasing the XP payout as a whole. But the Halo 5: Fan base and or Players that are ranked 152 are completely tunnel visioned. It’s really sad that these people are blindly defending this flawed XP system especially since everything in the game, ranging from the boosts themselves to the overall progression system is their to greatly stretch out your play time. Doesn’t help to that the Halo 5 multiplayer team only focused on providing certain featured playlists with double XP. To be honest, I don’t think Halo 5 received any form of Double XP aside from the Legendary XP Boosts. Which doesn’t solve the problem but instead over saturates it even more.
Wow... the lockdown needs to end and these kids need to get back into school, they all got cabin fever...
L4WLTR0N wrote:
Sector Fox wrote:

Wow... the lockdown needs to end and these kids need to get back into school, they all got cabin fever...
Case and point. 🤣
Sector Fox wrote:

Be thankful for getting the 2x xp while it lasts I got stuck in the grind where there were no double xp weekends for a long time
I 100% agree with this. I think making this into reality would bring the fanbase back to Halo 5, and possibly bring back some trust and faith in 343i. I think this will add extreme hype do the game, and new players will skyrocket in rank, and getting tons of req packs to make them want to grind. This would be a very smart move on 343i's part.
BepisYeet wrote:
I agree that double xp is good enough for the time being, but even that is over now. :(
Yeah i noticed that yesterday. Double xp in h5 should have been the normal payout tbh. Without it its just boring to play.
tuhin94 wrote:
The point is that it's something attainable only for a few. The process is straightforward. No one is asking you to do it. H5 doesn't require you to reach it for anything other than the pride of having done so and Infinite is not going to be broken if you don't get the token of appreciation. Plus, I don't think it was stated anywhere that you would not be eligible to receive the token if you reach 152 after Infinite comes out.

343i has enabled double XP and they are giving out 20 Legendary boosts every week. Plus, they will eventually increase XP payouts for Heroic FF. I think they have done more than enough to make the grind to 152 take less time. Keep playing at a steady rate and you will get there.
I just finally got 152 yesterday. Almost 5 yrs to get it... lol. Took me 6 weeks from 151 to 152 taking advantage of the double xp and free Legendary boosts, plus I used reward points that I've been stacking up to buy $5:00 gift cards to purchase more Legendary boosts.
P,S.: Also playing a horrendous amount of games each day.... lol
BadDogg55 wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:

I used reward points that I've been stacking up to buy $5:00 gift cards to purchase more Legendary boosts.
Reward points? How? Please explain.
W4R wrote:
BadDogg55 wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:

I used reward points that I've been stacking up to buy $5:00 gift cards to purchase more Legendary boosts.
Reward points? How? Please explain.
MSN.com Homepage (news,etc.) up at the top you'll see rewards. Click on it and join up. Do all the quizzes each day and get points for it. Download the rewards app in the xbox store and get reward points for doing all the challenges on your xbox and get reward points there. Download the rewards automator on your cell phone and hit search all. That adds a bunch of points to your rewards that will show up on all 3 of the reward apps and MSN.com/ rewards. If you're interested and do all that I'll give you the link to buy WZ and Arena Legendary boosts.
Sector Fox wrote:

The xp payout definitely is lacking, but by the time Infinite is out Halo 5 will have been out for 5 years. I think it's fair to say that is enough time to get to 152 if you've used your time wisely, even with the small xp payout.
Sector Fox wrote:

The xp payout definitely is lacking, but by the time Infinite is out Halo 5 will have been out for 5 years. I think it's fair to say that is enough time to get to 152 if you've used your time wisely, even with the small xp payout.
Not everyone is going to have the luxury of consistently playing Halo 5 for nearly 5 years on end. This isn’t just about time management but it’s also about outside factors and Halo 5’s lack of reward values once you realized how minimal they are. I will say this pandemic has allowed probably a lot of people to stay home and play on their entertainment systems. But there several games out there that actually make you, the player, feel a sense of accomplishment. Doesn’t help either that Halo MCC is actually adding in more ways for their player base to gain accomplishments that are actually rewarding in the form of challenges that are campaign oriented for now, last I checked, Which is an aspect of MCC that is probably isn’t constantly played as much because Multiplayer.
Sector Fox wrote:

Not everyone is going to have the luxury of consistently playing Halo 5 for nearly 5 years on end. This isn’t just about time management but it’s also about outside factors and Halo 5’s lack of reward values once you realized how minimal they are. I will say this pandemic has allowed probably a lot of people to stay home and play on their entertainment systems. But there several games out there that actually make you, the player, feel a sense of accomplishment. Doesn’t help either that Halo MCC is actually adding in more ways for their player base to gain accomplishments that are actually rewarding in the form of challenges that are campaign oriented for now, last I checked, Which is an aspect of MCC that is probably isn’t constantly played as much because Multiplayer.
Thank you James for explaining this Infinitely (pun intended) better than I have. I would like to make a statement saying that with almost 300 hours in the game, I am just over ONE TENTH of the way to max rank. This is where my math I stated earlier for over 2000 hours to reach max ranks comes into place.

On another note: Halo 5 has had a lacking playerbase since the multiplayer (ie, the only exp gaining method) was desperately lacking in features from launch, giving a feigning lack of interest from the start. Any sort of reward given to players should be something that is reasonable to achieve to anyone of any lifestyle. This is why achievements like this are not more common. Where are the rewards for 100% MCC? Or other Halo games? Where's achievements for getting max rank in Reach or Halo 3? These don't exist because it just isn't seen as fairly achievable. I would say the peak of achievement difficulty should be something like what we got for completing the Vidmaster achievements on Halo 3 and Halo 3: ODST, which was Recon armor, or even the LASO achievements on MCC are pushing it, but with skill, patience, and a helpful guide, it is achievable, yet extremely difficult, not a mindless time sink.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4