Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Originally Thought out Assault Rifle Thread

OP Disclaimable

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
edit: I've recently had a change of heart.


Why is THIS allowed in Halo?

Let me clarify,
The AR is an easy to use weapon.
The Pistol is a hard to use weapon.
Both have the same TTK's. (Time To Kill)

People enjoy their now "useful" AR because it's essentially a much less skilled weapon to use that rewards mediocrity. For you individuals that think the AR has never been "useful" lets take a step back and look at what you're getting wrong. A "useful" weapon doesn't need to kill faster, it needs to fill a niche. The "unuseful" AR back in Halo CE was niche. Specifically, it was good for CLEANING UP kills at close range where missing a Pistol shot could be fatal.
Now, in Halo 5, its this ultimate killing machine that brain dead chimpanzees can use to the fullest extent.

PULLING OUT THE AR EVERYTIME YOU'RE IN CLOSE QUARTERS DOESN'T QUALIFY AS A GOOD NICHE OR SKILL.

Like,
I don't know how people can be alright with the shameless promotion of a weapon that takes such little skill to use and rewards so heavily.
• The AR does headshot damage.
• Has the same kill time as a weapon 20x harder to use than itself. (Pistol)
• Has the ability to zoom in.
• Heavy aim assist and Magnetism.

The AR and every other automatic needs a nerf or the Pistol needs to be a 4sk. (Or both for that matter.)

And anyone who tries to justify that the AR is balanced to any extent is 100% wrong.

Note: To those who have no Idea what was going on, the spoiler below was the original post but I switched it out with something that made sense.
Spoiler:
Show
i think it isnt at all bad, i tend to throw a few shots with the magnum to drop their shield and switch to AR to finish the job, has worked well for me so far
Its funny how people would say "How does a pistol overpower an assault rifle" and there are the people saying "Assault rifle overpowered". Use the right weapon for the right situation
R3dMarine wrote:
Its funny how people would say "How does a pistol overpower an assault rifle" and there are the people saying "Assault rifle overpowered". Use the right weapon for the right situation
100% agree rock paper sciccor matches shold be the answer to everything. If I have an AR pulled out and u hav a pistol o well ur dead.
the AR is a brain dead weapon. simple as that.
require less skill than the pistol.
may require the least skill in the game.
In fact I wish they could Nerf the pistol because I'm always getting killed by the noobs that use it. The pistol is probably the easiest gun to use in the game
Uh what? The pistol might be the highest skill gap gun in H5...

Also, in H:CE, the AR was awesome.
FL Crysis wrote:
In fact I wish they could Nerf the pistol because I'm always getting killed by the noobs that use it. The pistol is probably the easiest gun to use in the game
Uh what? The pistol might be the highest skill gap gun in H5...

Also, in H:CE, the AR was awesome.
in hlo CE the pistol was op because its kill time was .00000000000007 seconds longer ttk=more skill
the AR is a brain dead weapon. simple as that.
require less skill than the pistol.
may require the least skill in the game.
fuel rod, saw, incineration cannon, needler, bolt shot
the AR is a brain dead weapon. simple as that.
require less skill than the pistol.
may require the least skill in the game.
To know when to use an AR over your pistol does not make you unskilled, it makes you better at the game than the other person. As a matter of fact, if you get outgunned by an AR while you're using a pistol at range, you might aswel give up.
FL Crysis wrote:
In fact I wish they could Nerf the pistol because I'm always getting killed by the noobs that use it. The pistol is probably the easiest gun to use in the game
Uh what? The pistol might be the highest skill gap gun in H5...

Also, in H:CE, the AR was awesome.
in hlo CE the pistol was op because its kill time was .00000000000007 seconds longer ttk=more skill
That's very subjective. I still think H:CE takes the most skill out of all the Halos, but that's just my opinion.
In fact I wish they could Nerf the pistol because I'm always getting killed by the noobs that use it. The pistol is probably the easiest gun to use in the game

uh? If youre getting killed by someone with a pistol chances are they know how to use it.
i think it isnt at all bad, i tend to throw a few shots with the magnum to drop their shield and switch to AR to finish the job, has worked well for me so far
i do the opposite
for the first time in forver the AR actually has a use guys?! I remember in halo 3 and halo reach I just could never get kill with it becaus it was so weak. But now. It actually does alot of dmg. In fact I wish they could Nerf the pistol because I'm always getting killed by the noobs that use it. The pistol is probably the easiest gun to use in the game

they also clame the ar doesn't have a skill gap well let me tell you. BURSTING THE AR IS A SKILL.
I always pace my shots and get kills on pistol users because I have good aim.

what do u guys think about all these people saying the ar is a bad gun. I think there just bad cause I'm the one killing them with it while they have a pistol ;).
The big deal is that the people who like to use the precision weapons think that because they use those guns they're better than everyone else and get super salty when someone using the super nooby AR and kills them. There's really nothing wrong with it as all the weapons are very well balanced.
the AR is a brain dead weapon. simple as that.
require less skill than the pistol.
may require the least skill in the game.
Bingo. Any weapon that kills that quick just by aiming at center mass takes no skill. Sure there are a few things that you can do to claim "skill" with the AR (like bursting) but in general any precision weapon in decent hands should never lose to an AR user who is just spraying bullets out there at the whole target. SMG is sort of the same, but they did a good job on the range with that one, being only effective in close range scenarios.
FL Crysis wrote:
FL Crysis wrote:
In fact I wish they could Nerf the pistol because I'm always getting killed by the noobs that use it. The pistol is probably the easiest gun to use in the game
Uh what? The pistol might be the highest skill gap gun in H5...

Also, in H:CE, the AR was awesome.
in hlo CE the pistol was op because its kill time was .00000000000007 seconds longer ttk=more skill
That's very subjective. I still think H:CE takes the most skill out of all the Halos, but that's just my opinion.
get proven wrong
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/xSociety/video/13971028
look how much skill this takes
because of the "spray and pray" no skill stigma automatic weapons have

there are precision purists out there that believe anyone using an automatic weapon is unskilled and noob
The pistol is probably the easiest gun to use in the game.
I've got no problem with the AR. In fact I think Halo 5's AR / Pistol starts are incredibly balanced, but you're wrong about that. The Pistol has a good skill gap to it. I'd argue both the BR and DMR are easier to use.
the pistol is a sidearm guys not a main weapon. Automatic weapons should be the focus of competitive matches.
for the first time in forver the AR actually has a use guys?! I remember in halo 3 and halo reach I just could never get kill with it becaus it was so weak. But now. It actually does alot of dmg. In fact I wish they could Nerf the pistol because I'm always getting killed by the noobs that use it. The pistol is probably the easiest gun to use in the game

they also clame the ar doesn't have a skill gap well let me tell you. BURSTING THE AR IS A SKILL.
I always pace my shots and get kills on pistol users because I have good aim.

what do u guys think about all these people saying the ar is a bad gun. I think there just bad cause I'm the one killing them with it while they have a pistol ;).
This troll figured out how to trigger all the sweaty people here lol. PISTOL OP NERF PLEASE
FL Crysis wrote:
FL Crysis wrote:
In fact I wish they could Nerf the pistol because I'm always getting killed by the noobs that use it. The pistol is probably the easiest gun to use in the game
Uh what? The pistol might be the highest skill gap gun in H5...

Also, in H:CE, the AR was awesome.
in hlo CE the pistol was op because its kill time was .00000000000007 seconds longer ttk=more skill
That's very subjective. I still think H:CE takes the most skill out of all the Halos, but that's just my opinion.
get proven wrong
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/xSociety/video/13971028
look how much skill this takes
Is that supposed to impress me or convince me of anything? Sure, it takes good aim to do that, but not even close to the aim you need with the pistol. Nice try.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10