Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Why has no one thought of this yet? (Farming)

OP RuthlessSkate94

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
Nice idea, maybe one of the best solutions but i doubt 343i do something about farming... :/
That was such a long post to get your point across. It's a good idea however next time just get to the point.
what if they are trolls and just stand outside the barrier teabaggin for hours?
Problem is, this isn't Halo; farming or farming solutions. What really needs to happen is an overhaul of the spawning points, and to be honest, if the maps weren't so redundant in design, it wouldn't be so easy to constantly find the rinse repeat farm technique used so often.
This promotes people not defending the core because everyone on this board thinks that when they're getting cleared out of their bases they're getting farmed. It also promotes lazy AFK and boosting because you can just stand back there for the whole game and get xp/rp without actually playing.
Its not bad lets implement it into the game.
Shield doors can be breached, just saying.

I want to say that a lot of people don't want a 'safe place' to hide. They want a way to push farmers back out. Forcing a stalemate isn't fun for either side. This is evident when you have those people who will dip back and forth in the shield doors popping shots at home base. They know they are being farmed, but want to play the game regardless.
That was such a long post to get your point across. It's a good idea however next time just get to the point.
If you want a longer one read ons of I DR HALSEY I posts, his ideas are super thought out for almost every scenario to the point of which it takes 3 or more replies to his own post to get it all out. But I'll try to get more straight forward next time.
Shield doors can be breached, just saying.

I want to say that a lot of people don't want a 'safe place' to hide. They want a way to push farmers back out. Forcing a stalemate isn't fun for either side. This is evident when you have those people who will dip back and forth in the shield doors popping shots at home base. They know they are being farmed, but want to play the game regardless.
Gonna have to agree here. To the OP: first of all. sitting in the back doing nothing, risking being kicked for idling, is arguably less fun than being farmed, because at least you are fighting back. Second of all, this idea isn't original as you so claim. I have seen it come up several times before in other forum threads, but they were dismissed for this reason. Third, the solution to farming is to empower the players. I tend to follow the idea that the solution to farming is to give the farmed the ability to fight back without needing reqs. Reqs mess with the balance quite a bit, and this is just one result of the way the req system works. One solution is to either add free req items that reset every match, but only one per player--seeing as how most farming groups have no problem with having access to high tier reqs, this really doesn't disrupt the balance in a bad way. Or putting weapons and vehicles in the bases so that the farmed team have a chance to fight back with home advantage, making it significantly harder for the farmers to continue farming.
Sorry op, but I don't agree with your idea as much as others seem to.
In other words, you are quitting without actually quitting the game itself. I would rather get farmed than hide in a corner. If the enemy is farming on you, farm them back. Pull out your req cards and drive them back. Show them who's the boss.
In other words, you are quitting without actually quitting the game itself. I would rather get farmed than hide in a corner. If the enemy is farming on you, farm them back. Pull out your req cards and drive them back. Show them who's the boss.
This doesn't work when the majority of players don't want to spend reqs on a clearly lost game. No point to it, and that is completely reasonable. But for the farmers, they have no problem assuring victory by spawning the best reqs they have. I think most people will agree with me that spawning high value reqs while losing 200-700 is very unappealing.
omg YES
Why has no one thought of this?
UNSCDF Guy wrote:
omg YES
Why has no one thought of this?
Someone has thought of this. Many times, in fact. The OP just isn't very active on this particular topic.
While this is a better idea than most, it can still be exploited (people hiding too early, for example) and if implemented all games would essentially end at the triple cap. I propose this tweak: the shields don't come up until 5 minutes after triple cap, because if you haven't captured a base in 5 minutes, you aren't going to.
While this is a better idea than most, it can still be exploited (people hiding too early, for example) and if implemented all games would essentially end at the triple cap. I propose this tweak: the shields don't come up until 5 minutes after triple cap, because if you haven't captured a base in 5 minutes, you aren't going to.
That could actually work out better.
Yeah, I would rather leave then hand over kill, vehicle commendations or help stat pad. Waste of my time if all they are going to do is stretch the game out with a guaranteed win. Regardless of ban or not.

No post op.
Ok I like this solution.
Edit: btw the video is up now if you wanted to track it down.
Another edit: if you agree then please share this post everywhere you can.

Before you read this, yes it is a farming thread. But this thread provides a very easy solution to a problem that shouldn't exist weather it's happening in 5% of all games or not. It's a solution that nobody has thought of yet and I'm here to share it today.

Hello my follow waypointers, some of you know me some of you do not. But knowing me is not the topic of this thread. The topic of this thread is to discuss a new way to counter farming that won't require anything crazy such as a set time to destroy the core, or a surrender option so you cannot be farmed.
I will even be posting a video about this later on my YouTube channel: However I will not post it here because while editing it I realized I accidentally showed names, I would not like to be banned so if you would rather watch my video than read these walls of texts feel free to hunt it down.

So on with my solution. As we all know being farmed sucks, and there really isnt a counter to it other than hide in the back of your base at the pelican landing pads. Or quit the match. Well here is my solution to put a stop to it once and for all.

We all know about the shields covering our bases, the shields that will be taken down if the bases are triple capped. Why not put these shields at the back of the base blocking off the landing pads, only they will never go down no matter what. If you are being farmed simply hide in the back like you do now, only with this you will never get killed.

If the farmers can't reach you they can't farm you, if they can't farm you it forces them to destroy the core.

It's a simple solution to a problem that should have never existed.

Edit: this is something Exploded lamb wrote late in the thread.
Quote:
While this is a better idea than most, it can still be exploited (people hiding too early, for example) and if implemented all games would essentially end at the triple cap. I propose this tweak: the shields don't come up until 5 minutes after triple cap, because if you haven't captured a base in 5 minutes, you aren't going to
I believe a better solution would be to have Req. cards that can be used to spawn at particular bases. The shield option you mention is basically a surrender option.
How this would work is a 3pt req card would allow you to spawn at the base right after the core, while a 5-6pt req card would allow a spawn in the middle base and a 7-9pt req card would allow a player to spawn at the 3rd base (The one closest to enemy core). It would be cool if you would drop in via drop capsule instead of a regular spawn. This could create a more unique experience and allow for more creative play. Also, perhaps there could be a variant that will spawn with a random weapon in the second slot.
Edit: btw the video is up now if you wanted to track it down.
Another edit: if you agree then please share this post everywhere you can.

Before you read this, yes it is a farming thread. But this thread provides a very easy solution to a problem that shouldn't exist weather it's happening in 5% of all games or not. It's a solution that nobody has thought of yet and I'm here to share it today.

Hello my follow waypointers, some of you know me some of you do not. But knowing me is not the topic of this thread. The topic of this thread is to discuss a new way to counter farming that won't require anything crazy such as a set time to destroy the core, or a surrender option so you cannot be farmed.
I will even be posting a video about this later on my YouTube channel: However I will not post it here because while editing it I realized I accidentally showed names, I would not like to be banned so if you would rather watch my video than read these walls of texts feel free to hunt it down.

So on with my solution. As we all know being farmed sucks, and there really isnt a counter to it other than hide in the back of your base at the pelican landing pads. Or quit the match. Well here is my solution to put a stop to it once and for all.

We all know about the shields covering our bases, the shields that will be taken down if the bases are triple capped. Why not put these shields at the back of the base blocking off the landing pads, only they will never go down no matter what. If you are being farmed simply hide in the back like you do now, only with this you will never get killed.

If the farmers can't reach you they can't farm you, if they can't farm you it forces them to destroy the core.

It's a simple solution to a problem that should have never existed.

Edit: this is something Exploded lamb wrote late in the thread.
Quote:
While this is a better idea than most, it can still be exploited (people hiding too early, for example) and if implemented all games would essentially end at the triple cap. I propose this tweak: the shields don't come up until 5 minutes after triple cap, because if you haven't captured a base in 5 minutes, you aren't going to
I believe a better solution would be to have Req. cards that can be used to spawn at particular bases. The shield option you mention is basically a surrender option.
How this would work is a 3pt req card would allow you to spawn at the base right after the core, while a 5-6pt req card would allow a spawn in the middle base and a 7-9pt req card would allow a player to spawn at the 3rd base (The one closest to enemy core). It would be cool if you would drop in via drop capsule instead of a regular spawn. This could create a more unique experience and allow for more creative play. Also, perhaps there could be a variant that will spawn with a random weapon in the second slot.
That would break the functionality of Warzone if people can just spawn wherever they want when they're getting their -Yoink- kicked.
I think it would work until you get booted for inactivity. And I am a pretty frequent player and I have no issue with "farming" its been around forever.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6