Why I don't use a mic...

OP welc0mematt

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
I see a lot of posts that saying how people should communicate with their teammates so they can get the upper hand. I happen to agree with these statements not only because it will provide some tactical advantage, you could find some agreeable people that you would call friends.

However...(here comes the rant)

I SPEAK ENGLISH! WHY IS MATCHMAKING ALWAYS PLACING ME WITH PLAYERS WHO DON'T SPEAK ANY ENGLISH? THE MAJORITY OF GAMES THAT I PLAY ARE WITH PLAYERS WHO SPEAK SOME DIALECT OF SPANISH! I DON'T SPEAK SPANISH I SPEAK ENGLISH AND A LITTLE FRENCH. Granted my French sucks BUT STILL. IN THE PAST I HAVE HAD A STREAK OF 37 GAMES WHERE I ENDED UP IN MATCHES OF WHERE NO ONE KNEW ANY ENGLISH EXCEPT FOR ENGLISH SWEAR WORDS! DOES 343 ENJOY DOING THIS -Yoink- TO ME? DO THEY KNOW HOW AWKWARD IT IS TO ASK "(in Spanish from google translate) um does anyone happen to speak any english?" TO BE TOLD "(from adults) No," OR "(from kids and teens) Go -Yoink- yourself, stupid gringo."?

Well there you have it. Make as many "triggered" jokes as you like.
I posted a triggered joke once.

A day I will never forget, as I had to remember it for 15 days!
I don't use a mic because I would probably get banned form XBL because of the profanity I shout at the enemy team.
Find a group of arena players or more and just play with them, always nice to make new friends.
I see a lot of posts that saying how people should communicate with their teammates so they can get the upper hand. I happen to agree with these statements not only because it will provide some tactical advantage, you could find some agreeable people that you would call friends.

However...(here comes the rant)

I SPEAK ENGLISH! WHY IS MATCHMAKING ALWAYS PLACING ME WITH PLAYERS WHO DON'T SPEAK ANY ENGLISH? THE MAJORITY OF GAMES THAT I PLAY ARE WITH PLAYERS WHO SPEAK SOME DIALECT OF SPANISH! I DON'T SPEAK SPANISH I SPEAK ENGLISH AND A LITTLE FRENCH. Granted my French sucks BUT STILL. IN THE PAST I HAVE HAD A STREAK OF 37 GAMES WHERE I ENDED UP IN MATCHES OF WHERE NO ONE KNEW ANY ENGLISH EXCEPT FOR ENGLISH SWEAR WORDS! DOES 343 ENJOY DOING THIS -Yoink- TO ME? DO THEY KNOW HOW AWKWARD IT IS TO ASK "(in Spanish from google translate) um does anyone happen to speak any english?" TO BE TOLD "(from adults) No," OR "(from kids and teens) Go -Yoink- yourself, stupid gringo."?

Well there you have it. Make as many "triggered" jokes as you like.
Op this is one of the problems I have. Im not sure why it is this happens to me either. There is no way the population is that low to where it cant find players for me that speak English. But heres the thing with me is I could really careless if they spoke English. What burns me is the fact the game performs horribly when I get paired up with players that don't speak English. Which my only conclusion is that im on a server that is quite a distance. Heck sometimes I even get a good kick out of them when there mad and throw out a few good choice words! lol... The problem we have is all from the region lock removal.. Because we both live so close to the Canadian boarder this happens.. The only cure we can hope for is that in the near future 343i adds server selection.. That's really the only option to help us..

Zippy.
Don't use mine or even use game chat because of all the little kids with so much backround noise
Too shy to use a mic
Wraith0912 wrote:
I use my mic whenever possible, only problem is that never happens because nobody on the other team uses it. And when they do, ellos hablas Ingles, they speak English, but THEY ALWAYS HAVE NOISE IN THEIR BACKGROUND. I swear to God, it's as if everyone with a mic nowadays is a middle-aged father with his 5 month old kid crying in the background, OR its those guys that talk not to teammates, but to other people physically present. It gets me so triggered sometimes.
Add to this, squeakers who think they can wrap, people ordering pizza over the phone, telling someone else what to order when they're on the phone or shouting what they want to someone who's going to the store as they're leaving. Oh and let's not forget the added joy of anyone with a Kinect for mic making all of the sounds mentioned, combining them with game noise, somehow amplifying all that and making it sound like it's all happening while someone is flushing a thunderstorm down the toilet.
My mic broke, and with all the people who call you out after matches, I decided to never use a mic again in halo. (unless the people in matchmaking aren't raging)
I like to use a mic to communicate with my team and do call outs. However, if there is background noise (music, fan blowing into mic, loud people in background) I either find that player and mute their mic or if no one is communicating I go into a party by myself because what is the point of talking when nobody is listening anyway. Also I don't like listening to sqeakers trying to talk trash. It is kinda funny though. They sound like Mickey mouse just sucked up a whole helium balloon.
Pingumumbo wrote:
As soon as i hear someone talk through the mic (Its usually the bloody background noise first) I instantly mute all.
What are you talking about? I love hearing 11 year olds humming loudly and having arguments with their mothers.
Caehnin wrote:
Pingumumbo wrote:
As soon as i hear someone talk through the mic (Its usually the bloody background noise first) I instantly mute all.
What are you talking about? I love hearing 11 year olds humming loudly and having arguments with their mothers.
Oh yeah I guess its true and is truly music to my ears, especially Joe and his dad.
Pingumumbo wrote:
Caehnin wrote:
Pingumumbo wrote:
Oh yeah I guess its true and is truly music to my ears, especially Joe and his dad.
I love hearing spanking while I'm opening req packs.
I'm one of the rare that always has his mic plugged in! I played a 2x game of warzone with a group of people that also had their mic, we got completely destroy in game #1, barely won game #2, thanks to Mythic boss, but we had so much laugh it was great.

^^ So that my friend, is the reason why I always use my mic ^^

Edit1: I'm from Quebec, Canada, and get matched with Americans most of the time, a few Spanish here and there in Warzone but it's okay.
I would absolutely love to talk with my teammates! Sadly, literally every match lobby begins with someone fumbling loudly with their headset or having both their mic and speakers on high volume...so then I start a solo XBL party since the individual mute options don't consistently work.
I have not used a mic since the latter half of the Halo 3 days. Why?

Because little kids hiding behind a mic talking trash annoys me. Not only that, but the people who play this game like their life depends on it scold me for "not doing well", whatever their definition of that may be.
Phaaze wrote:

Because little kids hiding behind a mic talking trash annoys me. Not only that, but the people who play this game like their life depends on it scold me for "not doing well", whatever their definition of that may be.
LOL, reminds me of the days of Halo 3... I'm thinking I tossed the mic aside about that time, myself. Although there were times when I'd actually want to mic up. I used to game with a guy who was very quick witted, very funny and very... well... angry. He gutted more trash talking 12 year olds in the lobby than on the maps and what made it even more hilarious is that we knew he loved every... angry... minute of it. lol
I always have the mic muted. I wait for the one guy who is trying to do call outs, then I will unmute and join in. Most of the time, it's just squeakers screaming at everyone, telling them where to go, and what REQs they should be using. I don't like being on the receiving end of this. So I mute them, myself, and hope for the best!
Donald Trump would disapprove.
I don't use one. Most of the time I don't even have sound on.
Other day tho I had sound on and I couldn't stop laughing. Third was Spanish and I think some sort of Asian Chinese or Korean screaming at each other. I could tell who the 2 where cause they shot and melee each other all match. Good times
Phaaze wrote:

LOL, reminds me of the days of Halo 3... I'm thinking I tossed the mic aside about that time, myself. Although there were times when I'd actually want to mic up. I used to game with a guy who was very quick witted, very funny and very... well... angry. He gutted more trash talking 12 year olds in the lobby than on the maps and what made it even more hilarious is that we knew he loved every... angry... minute of it. lol
Yeah. See, I rage, and I have thrown some things before, but I don't like it when I rage, lol. I laugh about it later and I might even laugh when my friends laugh at me, but I don't like being angry, but I'm able to laugh about it later.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4