Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Why I have stopped playing multiplayer

OP PowerFlounder6

Halo used to be my number 1 game for pvp multiplayer. But with halo 5 that has stopped. Halo 5 is a broken unfinished, unpolished mess.
There are far too many bugs and imbalances with this game, so many that the whole experience just feel terrible and unprofessional

Teleporting back to where you last where when ground pounding.
Vehicle physics are just terrible with vehicles doing thousands of flips and landing in a tree when hitting a tiny rock, or when you run over an enemy perfectly they don't die or loose health yet the slightest tap on your team mate will kill them.
Sounds and music just cutting out for no reason, and frame rate drops during multiplayer cutscenes.
The game periodically freezes during combat and goes back to normal only to show you dead.
The incredibly annoying delay when interacting with objects or players. Just test it out in forge, shooting something as simple as a crate has a second delay before the crate moves or registered as hit.
Shoulder charge and pistol combo just removes any skill required to get a kill. sprint to the enemy hit them and shoot them.
Unable to access reqs in warzone
Getting banned when going back to the main menu when the game finishes and being accused of leaving a match....What?
Playing the same map over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over because the game decides not to change the map when you start a new game.
Players teleporting during combat when activating thruster pack
The god awful radar

I could go on like this for hours, but the amount of bugs that are in this game are just atrocious. Every time i see halo 5 multiplayer i want to throw up because of just how broken it is.
I don't mind H5, I actually enjoy it but I don't like arena in this one. The maps, matchmaking system and placement system suck.
The rubber banding is lag not a bug. Lag is on your end because H5 uses dedicated servers.
Since when did the warthog not do 1000 flips when you roll it over? I call bs on how easy it is to splatter. H4 on the other hand it was near impossible to splatter.
Again Lag is on your connection.
If you melee a SC user when they hit you that is a 1 hit kill against them and a free kill for you. If not while they recover you get a chance to head shot them. Regular melee+ headshot is faster than SC+ head shot. Been that way since day 1.
Req lag is on you again.
Playing the same map over and over? You must have never played and other Halo before. *cough*Bloodgulch/Zanzibar/Pit*cough*
Teleporting = lag= your connection to xb live
Radar is awful i'll give you that.

I think i got everything you commented on as they went on. It sounds like you need better internet or, if there are other people who live with you, you should play when they are not online. Your main problem is the lag that is being cause because of your low internet speeds.

The game isn't broken your internet is just slow.
Are you using an alternate account? Your Waypoint profile has no H5 gameplay registered at all, so I can't help but not want to believe any thing you've said.
The rubber banding is lag not a bug. Lag is on your end because H5 uses dedicated servers.
Since when did the warthog not do 1000 flips when you roll it over? I call bs on how easy it is to splatter. H4 on the other hand it was near impossible to splatter.
Again Lag is on your connection.
If you melee a SC user when they hit you that is a 1 hit kill against them and a free kill for you. If not while they recover you get a chance to head shot them. Regular melee+ headshot is faster than SC+ head shot. Been that way since day 1.
Req lag is on you again.
Playing the same map over and over? You must have never played and other Halo before. *cough*Bloodgulch/Zanzibar/Pit*cough*
Teleporting = lag= your connection to xb live
Radar is awful i'll give you that.

I think i got everything you commented on as they went on. It sounds like you need better internet or, if there are other people who live with you, you should play when they are not online. Your main problem is the lag that is being cause because of your low internet speeds.

The game isn't broken your internet is just slow.
I have to agree, that's what is sound like. I was having similar issues until I upgraded my internet (I have three room mates, we all play online).
Halo used to be my number 1 game for pvp multiplayer. But with halo 5 that has stopped. Halo 5 is a broken unfinished, unpolished mess.
There are far too many bugs and imbalances with this game, so many that the whole experience just feel terrible and unprofessional

Vehicle physics are just terrible with vehicles doing thousands of flips and landing in a tree when hitting a tiny rock, or when you run over an enemy perfectly they don't die or loose health yet the slightest tap on your team mate will kill them.
Sounds and music just cutting out for no reason, and frame rate drops during multiplayer cutscenes.
The game periodically freezes during combat and goes back to normal only to show you dead.
The incredibly annoying delay when interacting with objects or players. Just test it out in forge, shooting something as simple as a crate has a second delay before the crate moves or registered as hit.
Shoulder charge and pistol combo just removes any skill required to get a kill. sprint to the enemy hit them and shoot them.
Getting banned when going back to the main menu when the game finishes and being accused of leaving a match....What?
Playing the same map over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over because the game decides not to change the map when you start a new game.
The god awful radar

I could go on like this for hours, but the amount of bugs that are in this game are just atrocious. Every time i see halo 5 multiplayer i want to throw up because of just how broken it is.
K then, goodbye.
SMOK69KMK wrote:

The god awful radar

K then, goodbye.
The last remaining bits of the Halo community summed up right here. Bunch of ignorant people who can't see the mediocre product in front of them.

The god awful radar

Lol, stop using McDonald's Wi-Fi then?

Majority seem like the issue is your end.

H5 is still my best game for pvp and I play solo (might change when bf1 comes out)

I agree about the reader though, and the intro scenes dropping music, lagging or missing effects. Oh and maybe the vehicles could react better to commands.
SMOK69KMK wrote:

The god awful radar

K then, goodbye.
The last remaining bits of the Halo community summed up right here. Bunch of ignorant people who can't see the mediocre product in front of them.
because there isn't.
i'm playing it non stop since Nov' 15 and i'm still enjoying it.
I think you're one of those ignorant people who wouldn't recognize quality if it was shot at you with a spnkr.
besides that, what is the point of his post?
the game won't get any better by it, and all in all "fun" and "enjoyment" are subjective anyways.
his post is just another negative review, just like there have been just as much positive ones.
but this rant won't change anything and is de facto a completely useless bunch of written bytes,
since he doesn't even provide any possible solutions to his problems.
Hmm, starters Gamerscore of 0.. Yeah I can really trust your opinion of Halo.
Second, you should have tried BF4 on release, that would have been more of a broken game then Halo.
I find the radar more useful than any other game that has had a radar it's only a problem if it lags and is inaccurate.
lolwut?

This is probably the most polished and well designed game I've played this generation.

Your problems are pretty much all due to your craptacular internet connection.
SMOK69KMK wrote:
SMOK69KMK wrote:

The god awful radar

K then, goodbye.
because there isn't.
I think you're one of those ignorant people who wouldn't recognize quality if it was shot at you with a spnkr.
the game won't get any better by it, and all in all "fun" and "enjoyment" are subjective anyways.
his post is just another negative review, just like there have been just as much positive ones.
but this rant won't change anything and is de facto a completely useless bunch of written bytes,
Halo 5 isn't even registered in your service record. Your worse than the blind loyalists.
SMOK69KMK wrote:
SMOK69KMK wrote:

The god awful radar

K then, goodbye.
because there isn't.
Halo 5 isn't even registered in your service record. Your worse than the blind loyalists.
Wow, not even one counterargument to any of my points.
you're just as bad as thought, lol.
btw, if you're too bored to write a proper response, you might check out my XB1 acc., Be4stfromthe4st.
you'll finde H5 stuff over there if that's what you need to response to my points with common sense.
SMOK69KMK wrote:
SMOK69KMK wrote:
SMOK69KMK wrote:

The god awful radar

K then, goodbye.
because there isn't.
Wow, not even one counterargument to any of my points.
you're just as bad as thought, lol.
btw, if you're too bored to write a proper response, you might check out my XB1 acc., Be4stfromthe4st.
you'll finde H5 stuff over there if that's what you need to response to my points with common sense.
I'm not looking for a fight. It's just sad to see what has happened to this community. Glad you like the game.
Warzone is where its at in this installment.
SMOK69KMK wrote:

The god awful radar

K then, goodbye.
Ah yes! this is very helpful and constructive! lol.
Are you using an alternate account? Your Waypoint profile has no H5 gameplay registered at all, so I can't help but not want to believe any thing you've said.
Whether that is alternate or not, most of things mentioned by OP are true.