Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Why I'm buying Halo 5 and you should too!

OP The Kishinev

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Deeerrrrrp wrote:
Deeerrrrrp wrote:
Deeerrrrrp wrote:
I don't want a game that is kind of good at a whole bunch of things other games also do. I miss when Halo games were good at BEING HALO.

I'll see how reviews go and such.
Halo has always been about many things. It's just as memorable for CTF on Blood Gulch as it is for the awesome campaign mission "The Silent Cartographer" and then very well known for small Slayer on maps like Hang 'em High.
But now it's about sprinting around, shooting people with ADS and mantling and thrusting around the map. Which is also what a whole lot of other games are also about.
Well, it's a lot more than that to a lot of people. So the take away from this is: sorry you can't enjoy it on the same level as some of the rest of us. It sucks to think that your halo days are behind you now, but c'est la vie.
Ya. I find myself in the position of kinda having to root against halo now. Maybe if it keeps faltering they'l reboot.
Root against it just because you don't like it? How spiteful of you.
Oh,and 343 isn't spiteful of those who prefer older Halo installments instead of newer ones?

Friendly reminder.
Deeerrrrrp wrote:
Deeerrrrrp wrote:
I don't want a game that is kind of good at a whole bunch of things other games also do. I miss when Halo games were good at BEING HALO.

I'll see how reviews go and such.
Halo has always been about many things. It's just as memorable for CTF on Blood Gulch as it is for the awesome campaign mission "The Silent Cartographer" and then very well known for small Slayer on maps like Hang 'em High.
But now it's about sprinting around, shooting people with ADS and mantling and thrusting around the map. Which is also what a whole lot of other games are also about.
Well, it's a lot more than that to a lot of people. So the take away from this is: sorry you can't enjoy it on the same level as some of the rest of us. It sucks to think that your halo days are behind you now, but c'est la vie.
Well now...That's not putting anyone down or anything for their thoughts or feelings right?.... :p
xVWx TK wrote:
Deeerrrrrp wrote:
Deeerrrrrp wrote:
I don't want a game that is kind of good at a whole bunch of things other games also do. I miss when Halo games were good at BEING HALO.

I'll see how reviews go and such.
Halo has always been about many things. It's just as memorable for CTF on Blood Gulch as it is for the awesome campaign mission "The Silent Cartographer" and then very well known for small Slayer on maps like Hang 'em High.
But now it's about sprinting around, shooting people with ADS and mantling and thrusting around the map. Which is also what a whole lot of other games are also about.
Well, it's a lot more than that to a lot of people. So the take away from this is: sorry you can't enjoy it on the same level as some of the rest of us. It sucks to think that your halo days are behind you now, but c'est la vie.
Well now...That's not putting anyone down or anything for their thoughts or feelings right?.... :p
I'm saying it sucks that they're finished with Halo due to not liking it.
How is that putting anyone down? It's empathy.
Hey Dsight great minds think alike
Yay! *high five*
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Deeerrrrrp wrote:
Deeerrrrrp wrote:
I don't want a game that is kind of good at a whole bunch of things other games also do. I miss when Halo games were good at BEING HALO.

I'll see how reviews go and such.
Halo has always been about many things. It's just as memorable for CTF on Blood Gulch as it is for the awesome campaign mission "The Silent Cartographer" and then very well known for small Slayer on maps like Hang 'em High.
But now it's about sprinting around, shooting people with ADS and mantling and thrusting around the map. Which is also what a whole lot of other games are also about.
Halo 5 has the master chief in it (and Blue team) there for, it is good at being a Halo game.
Well Sure its a Halo Game.....

But Again.... It's not the Halo game so many who are not on these threads will be expecting to see come Christmas. That's what happens when people assume..

Just like It is assumed that just because the year is 2015 Splitscreen doesn't matter.

Sounds like the whole premise of modern dogfighting argument that you'll never need to fire bullets cause you don't have friends to shoot bullets at. All your friends are online so all you need are missiles. ;p

But OK. That is one persons take. I respect that. I hope they are right and the franchise doesn't nose dive because of it. My eggs are not in that basket though.
xVWx TK wrote:
Deeerrrrrp wrote:
Deeerrrrrp wrote:
I don't want a game that is kind of good at a whole bunch of things other games also do. I miss when Halo games were good at BEING HALO.

I'll see how reviews go and such.
Halo has always been about many things. It's just as memorable for CTF on Blood Gulch as it is for the awesome campaign mission "The Silent Cartographer" and then very well known for small Slayer on maps like Hang 'em High.
But now it's about sprinting around, shooting people with ADS and mantling and thrusting around the map. Which is also what a whole lot of other games are also about.
Well, it's a lot more than that to a lot of people. So the take away from this is: sorry you can't enjoy it on the same level as some of the rest of us. It sucks to think that your halo days are behind you now, but c'est la vie.
Well now...That's not putting anyone down or anything for their thoughts or feelings right?.... :p
I'm saying it sucks that they're finished with Halo due to not liking it.
How is that putting anyone down? It's empathy.
It was the whole "c'est la vie." At the end of your statement. But what do I know?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
DSight wrote:
I'm going to be "that guy" and provide a counter argument for people that are sitting on the fence but shouldn't buy the game . There are perfectly valid reasons to buy the game if you love what it offers, but this is going to be about what it doesn't offer or who it isn't appropriate for.

1 - You like playing with friends but don't have many other friends that will buy this game or own an XBone (very relevant outside N/A). Don't buy it, no split-screen or local play options exist. This is the first FPS game in the franchise that hasn't done that. Try a PC shooter instead as PC's have a far bigger install base.
2 - You prefer PVE to PVP. With the exception to the campaign, there is no PVE.
3 - You are a long time halo fan and love the story but aren't into matchmaking. I encourage you to rent the game or buy it second hand very cheaply, the campaign will be a normal halo campaign in terms of length, and there will be no additional replay value to the previous games.
4 - you have never played the franchise and don't have an Xbox one. If you have a PC there are plenty of shooters that can be played in more fidelity with more flexible multiplayer options. Try Titanfall if you like online multiplayer, or COD.
5 - You didn't particularly like halo 4 but loved the other games. Wait a while for independent reviews and sales numbers before buying it, perhaps rent the game first, and if you love it then buy it, otherwise don't. In fact, this can apply to anyone unsure about the game.
6 - Love halo nights and love playing with people in person - no splitscreen, so you will have to assess it on its merits in other areas.
7 - You only have time to play the game an hour or two every week. Being the game is largely online-only pvp, you will not likely play enough to get competitive and will likely constantly get trounced all the time. Be prepared for lots of tea-bagging otherwise.
8 - Don't have an xbox live account - definitely do not buy it, rent it. There is only single player campaign which isn't worth the purchase price on its own.
9 - Children under the age of 13. PVP is a magnet for foul mouthed idiots and griefers. There are lots of decent folk that play it but you also see some of the worst gaming has to offer.
10 - You are a parent with multiple children. A single player game with kids having to share the controller is going to lead to lots of fights and tears. Show your disappointment to this change buy not buying it.

I encourage anyone on the fence to look at the features halo offers, think about how you have played the game in the past, think about the performance of the MCC, and ask yourself "How many hours of gameplay will I likely get out of this - is it worth 60 -100 dollars.
1. It's 2015. Finding friends is but a click away.
2. Halo 3 had no PVE option outside of Campaign. Same with Halo 2. Those games went on to sell millions. If you really want to get technical, then technically Warzone has PVE.
3. Oh you played it? Can I borrow your time machine so I can play it to? How long is the campaign? How many chapters? Did you find all the collectibles? No I didn't think so.
4. There are way more reasons to buy an Xbox One besides Halo. Never played the franchise? Get the Master Chief Collection and start from the beginning. Don't want to play Halo, get Forza, Gears, Sunset Overdrive, Titanfall, Ryse, Ori and the Blind Forest, just to name a few amazing games.
5. This should be applied to any game.
6. It's 2015. I can't remember the last time I had a Halo night at someone else's house. Maybe 10 years ago.
7. I work a full time job and only have 2-3 hours a night if I choose to use it towards playing video games. I'm still going strong and I can hold my own.
8. It's 2015. Who doesn't have an Xbox LIVE account?!
9. I hear League of Legends is a really outgoing and nice community. Maybe I should take your advice and try PC gaming :P /s
10. Be a parent and parent your children so they learn the value of sharing. My parents taught me that before I went into school. Kids these days. *SMH*

Come on man, you can do better than that.
1 - Your rebuttal is silly, it doesn't change the fact that if you are in that situation then halo isn't a good buy. You can argue that its not relevant cause you believe no-one does it but I know for a fact where I come from that it is relevant.
2 - Same as above, I'm not saying that those games had it, but in combination with some of my other points it makes halo a bad buy. No split-screen removes an option that halo fans once had.
3 - Going by statements from 343 it appears to be the case. Regardless, whether its 8 hours or 20 hours, it still isn't worth the purchase price for most people in this position. If you are unsure then wait for reviews and if the game has a campaign length that you believe is worth the money then buy the game, but if it is too short then don't buy the game.
4 - My point still stands. there are lots of shooters on PC's, and all the multiplatforms can be played in higher resolution.
5 - My point still stands
6 - My point still stands, you obviously aren't in that boat, but if you are then the game isn't worth buying
7 - 2 hours a night vs 2 hours a week, big difference. My point still stands
8 - My point still stands, some people don't. If you don't then the game isn't worth buying.
9 - My point still stands, I'm not saying that other games don't have poisonous people in it.
10 - My point still stands when there are better alternatives out there.

So you havn't really rebutted any of my points bar number three which although isn't confirmed most statements point to that, you have tried to deflect them by saying "other games have that issue" which doesn't matter. Of course this is all subjective, as is the original post, but the points do give a way to measure the games value. Other games in the series had a much more variable package outside online multiplayer, whether that be local multiplayer, lan nights, firefight, spartan ops, or split-screen campaign. Halo five only offers a single local-player campaign and PVP matchmaking.
xVWx TK wrote:
xVWx TK wrote:
Deeerrrrrp wrote:
Deeerrrrrp wrote:
I don't want a game that is kind of good at a whole bunch of things other games also do. I miss when Halo games were good at BEING HALO.

I'll see how reviews go and such.
Halo has always been about many things. It's just as memorable for CTF on Blood Gulch as it is for the awesome campaign mission "The Silent Cartographer" and then very well known for small Slayer on maps like Hang 'em High.
But now it's about sprinting around, shooting people with ADS and mantling and thrusting around the map. Which is also what a whole lot of other games are also about.
Well, it's a lot more than that to a lot of people. So the take away from this is: sorry you can't enjoy it on the same level as some of the rest of us. It sucks to think that your halo days are behind you now, but c'est la vie.
Well now...That's not putting anyone down or anything for their thoughts or feelings right?.... :p
I'm saying it sucks that they're finished with Halo due to not liking it.
How is that putting anyone down? It's empathy.
It was the whole "c'est la vie." At the end of your statement. But what do I know?
Well, that's life.
I walked away from Halo after spending a month with Halo 4.
By chance, I got to play the beta, loved what 343 has done and now I'm back. But there was a time when I was in the same boat. A game franchise I loved changed. I couldn't get into it so the only option was to move on (spending all my time on message boards for a game I don't like is never an option for me). C'est la vie!
I'm gonna buy just for the sole fact its Halo and I will always buy it even if it's crap lol.
This past month i have been getting super stoked for halo 5. Listening to the songs and reading all the info and getting magazines. I am unbelievably excited. The girl i am seeing is even getting into halo. Wish it was split screen but oh well gives me a reason to get the halo xbox.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
And because the 'x' in your name that makes you 10, your point is?
And because the 'x' in your name that makes you 10, your point is?
They don't have a point, and I wouldn't recommend engaging them further. In the future, if you see someone making pointless inflammatory posts, please consider reporting them instead of responding to them.
Beta was fun, I enjoyed it but not have split screen support is really stopping me from buying it. Also no LAN either. also i feel that 343 doesn't listen to fans. I just seemed abused and ignored by 343.
Beta was fun, I enjoyed it but not have split screen support is really stopping me from buying it. Also no LAN either. also i feel that 343 doesn't listen to fans. I just seemed abused and ignored by 343.
Lan works, you just need to connect your xbox's to your home router, it does require that you're all online on xbox live, but that kinda happens automatically when you plug an xbox into a router, I've done it myself, it works really well.
Thorulfr wrote:
Beta was fun, I enjoyed it but not have split screen support is really stopping me from buying it. Also no LAN either. also i feel that 343 doesn't listen to fans. I just seemed abused and ignored by 343.
Lan works, you just need to connect your xbox's to your home router, it does require that you're all online on xbox live, but that kinda happens automatically when you plug an xbox into a router, I've done it myself, it works really well.
talking about pure system linking
Good post zoom i agree with your points halo 5's going to get alot more love than the hate it will receive especially from the reviews and don't worry about the negative nancies halo2 was hated so much people made 2 websites full of hate towards it and yet it did successful and people are crying for halo 5 to go back to its roots, but dont worry this game is going to be a big hit.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4