[Locked] Why is Halo 5 so bad? So much for a "classic" game

OP ShadowVegan

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
What ever happened to 343's claim that Halo 5 is going to have a "classic" feel to it? I thought Reach and 4 were bad, and that 5 would be better, but judging by the gameplay footage, it is going to be the worst Halo yet, and the most far removed from the originals. Loadouts and AAs removed, so what? Sprint and killcams are still in and now we've got jetpacks, hovering, ground pounding, climbing, weapon spawn announcements, and worse of all, aiming down sights. I thought we were playing as Spartans, not Call Of Duty Marvel superheroes. I guess I was wrong.

I have bought every Halo on release day starting with 3, and have been to midnight launch for every Halo starting with Reach (maybe ODST too, don't remember; was too young to drive to GameStop for 3 and Wars). I have Legendary edition 3 and Reach, collectors edition Wars and 4, and both Xbox and PC versions of 1 and 2.

It looks like Halo 5 is going to be the first Halo I don't buy. I'm not just saying that. I'll rent it for the campaign and have no desire to play it beyond that. Unless, of course, 343 actually listens to us and removes all of the features that are destroying Halo. Then I would happily buy Halo 5 (in whatever collectors edition is available) and wait outside Gamestop for 6 hours on release night.
genial
It may not have a classic halo feel but it does have classic arena game feel to it. Ps always take statements from 343 with a pitch of salt.
you clearly don't know the lore behind a spartans capabilities huh?
plus if you weren't so arrogant you'd see that smart scope isn't ADS

I do. If 343 wants to put AAs in campaign that's fine but they don't belong in PVP.

The SMG has ADS. The AR doesn't appear to have ADS, but it still doesn't make sense to show the AR in the screen because the way the MJOLNIR HUD focuses through a weapon does not display the weapon at all.
Yeah but you're tap

I do. If 343 wants to put AAs in campaign that's fine but they don't belong in PVP.

The SMG has ADS. The AR doesn't appear to have ADS, but it still doesn't make sense to show the AR in the screen because the way the MJOLNIR HUD focuses through a weapon does not display the weapon at all.
yeah but you're talking about ADS where your expecting to hold LT, and then your accuracy would get better, and your movement would be penalised by being restricted into going slower.

People that play recon it places smart scope on RS, and besides it being just a cosmetic zoom what is your actual quarrel? It looks nice, its sleek and its not the same old yoink halos been giving us since the very start. Why ors it effect you MP PvP so bad, that if it can stay in campaign but not be in PvP? If its because of lore then you should have a problem with it being in campaign but you don't? so it can't be that, and furthermore you haven't even tried it, not to mention you can't just hold in the button and expect to keep it up, because descope!!

So what you gain from it is more peripheral vision, same movement, same accuracy, same hipshot fire, sleeker look than a circle on your screen. I just don't understand how people are confusing it with traditional ADS.

If it was like ADS from COD i'd be against it, but because it isn't and it really is just zoom with a fancy name and look its completely fine.
What ever happened to 343's claim that Halo 5 is going to have a "classic" feel to it? I thought Reach and 4 were bad, and that 5 would be better, but judging by the gameplay footage, it is going to be the worst Halo yet, and the most far removed from the originals. Loadouts and AAs removed, so what? Sprint and killcams are still in and now we've got jetpacks, hovering, ground pounding, climbing, weapon spawn announcements, and worse of all, aiming down sights. I thought we were playing as Spartans, not Call Of Duty Marvel superheroes. I guess I was wrong.

I have bought every Halo on release day starting with 3, and have been to midnight launch for every Halo starting with Reach (maybe ODST too, don't remember; was too young to drive to GameStop for 3 and Wars). I have Legendary edition 3 and Reach, collectors edition Wars and 4, and both Xbox and PC versions of 1 and 2.

It looks like Halo 5 is going to be the first Halo I don't buy. I'm not just saying that. I'll rent it for the campaign and have no desire to play it beyond that. Unless, of course, 343 actually listens to us and removes all of the features that are destroying Halo. Then I would happily buy Halo 5 (in whatever collectors edition is available) and wait outside Gamestop for 6 hours on release night.
Insead of judging something you haven't played yet, why not just wait and play the beta like rational person before you make a final decision. If you love halo that much, then you at least owe them a chance before making a final decision.
Basing the multiplayer design around the single player lore is the single most guaranteed way to bury Halo's multiplayer 6 feet under and never see it revived again.

Basing the multiplayer design around the single player lore is the single most guaranteed way to bury Halo's multiplayer 6 feet under and never see it revived again.
k
Yeah but you're tap

yeah but you're talking about ADS where your expecting to hold LT, and then your accuracy would get better, and your movement would be penalised by being restricted into going slower.

People that play recon it places smart scope on RS, and besides it being just a cosmetic zoom what is your actual quarrel? It looks nice, its sleek and its not the same old yoink halos been giving us since the very start. Why ors it effect you MP PvP so bad, that if it can stay in campaign but not be in PvP? If its because of lore then you should have a problem with it being in campaign but you don't? so it can't be that, and furthermore you haven't even tried it, not to mention you can't just hold in the button and expect to keep it up, because descope!!

So what you gain from it is more peripheral vision, same movement, same accuracy, same hipshot fire, sleeker look than a circle on your screen. I just don't understand how people are confusing it with traditional ADS.

If it was like ADS from COD i'd be against it, but because it isn't and it really is just zoom with a fancy name and look its completely fine.

I don't know why I would think ADS would use LT (which is already used for grenades, which are staying) or why it would affect movement or accuracy (beyond being zoomed in making it easier for the player to aim as with traditional zooming)...? I assumed it would use RS as you said it will. What's your point, and what's your basis for claiming I assumed it would affect other stuff? And no, it does not look 'nice'.

I don't mind certain things like sprint and thrust being in campaign. I would prefer they are not, but I mostly object to them being in PVP. That is for gameplay reasons, not canon reasons. I have a problem with some other things for canon reasons (like sprint being a swappable armor ability), but thrust, climbing, killcams, and a few other things I object to solely because of gameplay.

I don't play Call Of Duty so I can't compare Halo 5 ADS to Call Of Duty ADS. I hate Halo 5 ADS partly because it makes no sense in canon (HUD connects to the gun, there is no reason to physically look through an SMG's scope, or to even have a scope on the Spartan versions of SMGs -- and yes, Spartans have their own, larger version of traditional UNSC weapons), and partly because it looks ugly, and partly because it makes the game not even feel like Halo.

NucaCola wrote:

Insead of judging something you haven't played yet, why not just wait and play the beta like rational person before you make a final decision. If you love halo that much, then you at least owe them a chance before making a final decision.
I will play the beta but I know enough from the gameplay footage to know that I won't enjoy it if these features are kept in. I'll play the beta anyway to experience it, but some things are able to be determined from watching footage.
Yeah but you're tap

I don't know why I would think ADS would use LT (which is already used for grenades, which are staying) or why it would affect movement or accuracy (beyond being zoomed in making it easier for the player to aim as with traditional zooming)...? I assumed it would use RS as you said it will. What's your point, and what's your basis for claiming I assumed it would affect other stuff? And no, it does not look 'nice'.

I don't mind certain things like sprint and thrust being in campaign. I would prefer they are not, but I mostly object to them being in PVP. That is for gameplay reasons, not canon reasons. I have a problem with some other things for canon reasons (like sprint being a swappable armor ability), but thrust, climbing, killcams, and a few other things I object to solely because of gameplay.

I don't play Call Of Duty so I can't compare Halo 5 ADS to Call Of Duty ADS. I hate Halo 5 ADS partly because it makes no sense in canon (HUD connects to the gun, there is no reason to physically look through an SMG's scope, or to even have a scope on the Spartan versions of SMGs -- and yes, Spartans have their own, larger version of traditional UNSC weapons), and partly because it looks ugly, and partly because it makes the game not even feel like Halo.

NucaCola wrote:

I will play the beta but I know enough from the gameplay footage to know that I won't enjoy it if these features are kept in. I'll play the beta anyway to experience it, but some things are able to be determined from watching footage.
Canon was also that spartans are strong enough to handle recoil from SMGs and yet once you spray you have plenty of recoil yet no one moans about that canonically? I think you're just being petty about change for the sake of it, an updated graphical improvement of halo 2-3s formula is just boring, stale, repetitive and cheap.
Yeah but you're tap

NucaCola wrote:

Well from all the footage I've seen, I know I'm going to enjoy the hell out of it. I've been a halo fan since halo 3 and I have a good feeling that this is a good direction halo is heading in.
I don't remember 343i saying that Halo 5 would have a classic feel to it, all they said was that they were going back to level playing field, seriously how does this game look worse than Reach/4? it looks like it will be much better to me, just the simple fact that they are going back to level playing field, no loadouts, no ordnance and map control etc is awesome. I don't think you should say that its bad until you play the Beta, to me its just different than the other Halos.
Guardians is going back to classic Halo. Equal starts, weapons on map, no ordnance or loadouts, and a focus on map control. Spartan Abilities do not look to be game breaking and do not effect balance since everyone has all of them (unlike Armor Abilities which introduced a rock, paper, shotgun mechanic into Halo). H2A is a great game no doubt but I want to see what a modern take on Halo would be.
reach had no real thing that made it not good besides bloom. thats a halo game in my opinion, just no bloom and shields being able to recharge during sprint.

You've got old-school Halo re-vamped, with re-vamped Forge to create maps and enjoy the gameplay you want forever.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/stop-criticizing-halo-5-gj-to-343i/22812996-903f-450f-85be-31f1acc1d249/posts?page=1#post4

*coff coff*
Make the smart choice and buy a ps4.

Halo is dead.
Make the smart choice and buy a ps4.

Halo is dead.
lol, ps4 has no funny games
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12