4. 11
  5. ...
  6. 12
MCC Graham wrote:
Make the smart choice and buy a ps4.

Halo is dead.
Agreed.

Or a gaming PC.
Lmao than why the -yoink- are you even here lol I don't understand.
Because for Halo's future, us fans still want to fight for what's right.
Bryanneo wrote:
MCC Graham wrote:

Halo is dead.
Agreed.

Or a gaming PC.
"Get a PS4" "halo is dead" yep def them fighting words but hey if one game is what you need to buy a console keep on fighting

So by your post anyone who enjoys 343's vision halo is wrong? Lol cool story. Maybe after bungies 10 year contract they will come make halo again and you guys can purchase Xboxs again
Thomicus wrote:
I'll try and have a more civil discussion with you. Because, I am curious, what is it about Halo 5: Guardians that you don't necessarily approve of? Is it every new addition they've added? A certain selection of their additions? One specific thing?
Of all the new additions in Halo 5, the only one that I'm at least slightly ok on is the clamber, I'm not a particularly good grenade jumper so I will admit its beneficial to me.

Beyond that, all the pointless stuff like charging, ground pounds, slides, etc.. is just fluff and is at best unnecessary or flat out useless at worse. The sprint and ADS arguments have been done to death on this forum so I'll just simply put myself down as against both of them, scope/ADS because its another unnecessary addition that to me seems like its meant to cater to the fans of the other shooter series out there. Sprint I have always been against being a universal ability.

With all that said, 343i is at least bringing back even starts, better weapon placement, and such, and with options to turn off the ridiculous not!Kill Cam and banter there is some hope at the end of the tunnel I suppose.
I agree that the arguments for/against Sprint and Smart Scope have been done to death, so I'll just sidestep those topics.

To me, Shoulder Charge seems to be 343i's solution to Sprint + double beatdowns. I'd go as far as to say it's a nerf masked by a new feature. I'll also agree that Ground Pound and Slide aren't all that necessary. Though, I don't think they really impact Halo's overall experience.

I too am glad that 343i is giving us the option to disable the Spartan Abilities. Not because I don't enjoy them. Because I personally do. I just think that having a good variety of options to manipulate has always been one of the great things about Halo.
What you refer to as ADS is really just the scope function but with an animation. You can turn off all the spartan chatter and weapon announcements if you want to. You can turn kill cams off if you want. And you don't have to climb stuff if you don't want to, even though it is really useful, and ground pounding is actually quite difficult.

Sprinting has been nerfed so when you get shot at your shields won't recharge.
What you refer to as ADS is really just the scope function but with an animation.
...and on every gun. Why?
L377UC3 wrote:
What you refer to as ADS is really just the scope function but with an animation.
To zoom in a tad bit.
L377UC3 wrote:
There are some weapons that definitely don't require zoom. The Energy Sword probably being the most notable. Though in regards to the Assault Rifle and SMG, I feel their newfound zoom functions helps to keep them from immediately being traded out for precision-based weapons. Granted, I believe the tightening of the spread while zooming for automatics should be reduced. Reducing the bullet magnetism may also help keep them and the rest of the weapon sandbox within their intended ranges.
What ever happened to 343's claim that Halo 5 is going to have a "classic" feel to it? I thought Reach and 4 were bad, and that 5 would be better, but judging by the gameplay footage, it is going to be the worst Halo yet, and the most far removed from the originals. Loadouts and AAs removed, so what? Sprint and killcams are still in and now we've got jetpacks, hovering, ground pounding, climbing, weapon spawn announcements, and worse of all, aiming down sights. I thought we were playing as Spartans, not Call Of Duty Marvel superheroes. I guess I was wrong.

I have bought every Halo on release day starting with 3, and have been to midnight launch for every Halo starting with Reach (maybe ODST too, don't remember; was too young to drive to GameStop for 3 and Wars). I have Legendary edition 3 and Reach, collectors edition Wars and 4, and both Xbox and PC versions of 1 and 2.

It looks like Halo 5 is going to be the first Halo I don't buy. I'm not just saying that. I'll rent it for the campaign and have no desire to play it beyond that. Unless, of course, 343 actually listens to us and removes all of the features that are destroying Halo. Then I would happily buy Halo 5 (in whatever collectors edition is available) and wait outside Gamestop for 6 hours on release night.
I see it has been a while from the original post...anyway there are no jetpacks, the Smart Scope (ADS) is still halo, there is descoping with it so its not COD. Also I do believe that 343 did say that the killcams will be able to be toggled off. I see level playing fields, equal starts, no loadouts, weapons spawn on the maps. The only thing I wish would happen is there wouldn't be an icon for where the weapons and an announcement, but if it stays in the final form of the game I'll live. Other than that its more Halo than what Halo 4 was only a fool would say otherwise.
Richnj wrote:
MCC Graham wrote:

Halo is dead.
Agreed.

Or a gaming PC.
When "classic elitists" are being insulted by players who've barely touched the classic games and didn't care enough for Halo to buy MCC. Yeah it's dead.

Halo 5 is releasing to a bigger install base than MCC but far less than Halo 4. It's also getting a much bigger marketing budget than MCC, so if Halo 5 fails to far exceed MCC sales and population. What will the players who are the "future of Halo" do then, besides play BO3.
Um more than likely not play BO3 it's looking like that game itself wont be doing that good. I for one was worried about Halo 5 before I got to play the beta, but after playing it im not worried at all. Halo 5 will crush BO3 on the X1 simply due to the fact that CoD has been declining. Honestly all Halo 5 really needs to do is have a solid launch and not pull a MCC, BO3 is looking like AW but with zombies. The best part is we haven't seen the campaign for Halo 5 and that's what is really going to launch it past BO3 on the X1.
you clearly don't know the lore behind a spartans capabilities huh?
I'm unfamiliar with it too. Could you inform me why a super soldier can't dual weild BRs? Plz k thx bai.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump old threads.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Bryanneo wrote:
MCC Graham wrote:

Halo is dead.
Agreed.

Or a gaming PC.
"Get a PS4" "halo is dead" yep def them fighting words but hey if one game is what you need to buy a console keep on fighting

So by your post anyone who enjoys 343's vision halo is wrong? Lol cool story. Maybe after bungies 10 year contract they will come make halo again and you guys can purchase Xboxs agai
People don't just buy xbox to play halo and also let people judge on if halo is good or not themselves I don't think it's as good as 2 or 3 but it's far better than any other FPS on the market and still one of the best games out there
Recruit iron swooping to revive
Agree with aiming down sights and kill cams. You can't feel like the old Halo game while moving forward without it suffering fro the COD syndrome of 'stay true to the original, 8 years in a row'.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. ...
  6. 12