Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Why is it so difficult to find a match?

OP TrUoK003

Been sitting here for 20 mins trying to find a social playlist match. Ranked is worse but I won’t get into that. Ironically quick play never finds me a game. I have it set to expanded in hopes to find anything. I live in Utah so shouldn’t have any issues. My rank is platinum/diamond so probably around the average skill. But I can’t ever find a match. We will get 9 Of the 10 players needed and you just sit there for another 5 mins and someone dashboard quits out because it takes so long. Then it takes even longer. Why not just give people the option to back out? I mean how can a game have such fundamental flaws? Blows my mind. It’s stuff like this that keeps halo from growing. People wanna hop on, play 1-2 games quick during lunch, and they are lucky to find 1 match and it doesn’t even run reasonable well.
Xbox live was having some issues last night so maybe a few bugs still around. Try a hard reset of the Xbox and try again.
The search lobby needing to find one person is a bug that they were working on some months ago, but I don't know if they're still working on it or not. It might be related to the postgame freezing issue.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
The search lobby needing to find one person is a bug that they were working on some months ago, but I don't know if they're still working on it or not. It might be related to the postgame freezing issue.
I think they fixed it a little while back, at least its stopped happening to me.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
Welcome to Trueskill 2. Takes longer to find matches now since it looks for the most "optimized" match for everyone
I'd say restart the game but I guess it depends on what playlist you're trying to find a game in as well.
You may benefit from a power cycle on your modem. Are you connected through Wifi or ethernet?
I played super fiesta last night with little to no issues. The search got stuck once with the needing to find one more player but I think that was due to a map dodger players as the game was set but they saw it was an anniversary throwback map and backed out I am betting.
I think they fixed it a little while back, at least its stopped happening to me.
Still happens to me. I remember other people complaining about it again as well like a month ago when they changed something to the MM system. I don't remember what it was exactly.
Super fiesta is fine. It’s literally the quick play playlist that never works for me.
TrUoK003 wrote:
Super fiesta is fine. It’s literally the quick play playlist that never works for me.
Everyone wants to play Super Fiesta cause its literally the only gamemode thats close to fun anymore. Everything else has become overrun with competitive players.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
TrUoK003 wrote:
Everyone wants to play Super Fiesta cause its literally the only gamemode thats close to fun anymore. Everything else has become overrun with competitive players.
I’d like it more if I ever spawned with a power weapon haha. I get plasma pistol/needler all game.
Super Fiesta works well. Quick play and Infection i have a hard time though.