Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

why is there no armor customize like reach

OP steelboy333

why is reach the only one with personal armory?
Different design decisions.
I dont think anyone ever said anything SPECIFIC but I do remember a mention that it was impossible to balance out the game memory requirements for Warzone.
Simultaniously monitoring 24 Spartans (each with 6 or more individual armor plates), vehicles, weapons AND bosses was probably a little too much for it to handle.
I don't really blame them honestly, most individually assembled armors in previous games were HIDEOUS (looking at you, Reach "pufferfish" look).
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
343 Industries needed to pad their lootboxes like crazy in order to prey on those without self control, but they probably knew that giving Halo 5: Guardians armor customization akin to Halo: Reach would result in even more controversy than what they ended up going with. It's all about slowly turning up the heat of the water so that people don't immediately jump out.
I dont think anyone ever said anything SPECIFIC but I do remember a mention that it was impossible to balance out the game memory requirements for Warzone.
Simultaniously monitoring 24 Spartans (each with 6 or more individual armor plates), vehicles, weapons AND bosses was probably a little too much for it to handle.
I don't really blame them honestly, most individually assembled armors in previous games were HIDEOUS (looking at you, Reach "pufferfish" look).
That makes sense to me. BTB and armor customization really fell to the wayside for Warzone.
hopefully there will be in Infinate!
Ideally I'd rather see resources go into fun rewarding gameplay options , but nowadays everyone seems more interested in fashionista options rather than shooting , and then whinge about being charged for it as well as a lack of things to do in game with their now uber trendy looking spartan
Honestly I don't Think additional customizing over what is already available is necessary. I will say that most of the armor options are garbage. I would much prefer to see better armor designs in the future games. They could also break apart body armor to allow for greater customizing that way. For example; the chest plate/forearms/legs for every set of armor could be outfitted as independant prices, which would allow for a much greater Spartan appearance variety. The colors are also very poor. Not sure how they landed on the armor color tones that they did.
ZAPDANGDO wrote:
Honestly I don't additional customizing over what is already available is necessary. I will say that most of the armor options are garbage. I would much prefer to see better armor designs in the future games. They could also break apart body armor to allow for greater customizing that way. For example; the chest plate/forearms/legs for every set of armor could be outfitted as independant prices, which would allow for a much greater Spartan appearance variety. The colors are also very poor. Not sure how they landed on the armor color tones that they did.
Thats how it used to be. In 4 you had helmet, chest, legs, arms and visor.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
ZAPDANGDO wrote:
Honestly I don't additional customizing over what is already available is necessary. I will say that most of the armor options are garbage. I would much prefer to see better armor designs in the future games. They could also break apart body armor to allow for greater customizing that way. For example; the chest plate/forearms/legs for every set of armor could be outfitted as independant prices, which would allow for a much greater Spartan appearance variety. The colors are also very poor. Not sure how they landed on the armor color tones that they did.
Thats how it used to be. In 4 you had helmet, chest, legs, arms and visor.
That's interesting. I started with Halo 5 so I don't know about those changes throughout the franchise. Thanks for the info.
It’s been like that for years now