Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Why is there no reqs or XP rewards for CG & Campn?

OP jordantardis15

Why is there no reqs or XP rewards for Custom Games and the Campaign? I would probable be at level 50 something right now if I didn't play so much Custom Games and Campaign time. Does anyone know the reason for this cause I seriously need to know why cause there should be rewards for that.
Campaign should have some for sure. PVE WZ will be a nice option soon.
They want people to play the multiplayer so they have a reason to buy more REQs. If they let you get RP and XP from customs and campaign, people would just play those.
TBH though I agree that they should give you a FEW RPs and XP for playing customs, like the 400 something credits you got in Reach.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
Campaign could also use a scoring mode and match making.

And before someone mentionsthat it's not in the game because of other players quitting, trolling, etc... look at how Gears of War has handled campaign match making, especially in Gears of War 3. The Arcade mode in Gears of War 3 is still played regularly, but that also has to do with how much fun it is and the fact the you can jump online and play it in match making whenever you want without having to come to forums trying to set it up.
Because people would spam the game. Play for 4-5 mins end game and restart. Use common sense before you make a post like this one. Not insulting but it isn't that hard to understand why that's not in the game.
Custom games have never given exp/rp/xp. Too easily boosted.

I am surprised that campaign doesn't give a small amount that would be time capped. And I'm also very surprised that a campaign scoring mode isn't present in this game. Would love for them to add it in as well as searchable co-op like in Reach.
Because people would spam the game. Play for 4-5 mins end game and restart. Use common sense before you make a post like this one. Not insulting but it isn't that hard to understand why that's not in the game.
How about only issue REQ points once a match or level is completed, both in Customs and Campaign, and adjust the amount of XP given for the amount of time played.

Other games have done it and it has worked well. If someone wants to keep spamming a 4-10 minute section of the Campaign for what essentially would end up being less XP points than if they simply played the level and finished it, ohh well.

There are ways to make this work, they just choose not to. Frank O'Connor's response alone to the reason why they didn't add match making for campaign shows that.

That being said, I'm not sure about Custom matches but Campaign is certainly doable
They want people to play the multiplayer so they have a reason to buy more REQs. If they let you get RP and XP from customs and campaign, people would just play those.
TBH though I agree that they should give you a FEW RPs and XP for playing customs, like the 400 something credits you got in Reach.
As much as I like the idea, players find ways to abuse the system. Do you remember Target Locator Boosting?
Bito Tx wrote:
Custom games have never given exp/rp/xp. Too easily boosted.

I am surprised that campaign doesn't give a small amount that would be time capped. And I'm also very surprised that a campaign scoring mode isn't present in this game. Would love for them to add it in as well as searchable co-op like in Reach.
I agree
Seems like a problem for Custom Games, but not for campaign. Maybe elaborate more on that before being dismissive.
Thank you all for your help. Once again I am new to gaming, I only got my 1st console in December and I got the game in January. I am still trying to learn why certain things are a thing. Thank you all for helpin me better understand the situation. :)