Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

why is this halo so frustrating?

OP getatme94

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 14
Richnj wrote:
MCC might not be perfect, but it's better than Halo 5. Pick/boot it up.

The more we play MCC over Halo 5 the more 343i will get the message.
It takes me 15 minutes to find a single game in MCC.

I think I will stick to Halo 5, imo I have fun playing Halo 5 from time to time anyway.
Played my first game after a month break and it was so frustrating, even warzone is the sweatiest thing ever it's unplayable. So it's not only me
Riahisama wrote:
Played my first game after a month break and it was so frustrating, even warzone is the sweatiest thing ever it's unplayable. So it's not only me
People need to consider this situation and new players when they defend Warzone.
i find it more frustrating because they added in bull -Yoink- mechanics that werent in 1-3. dying to bull -Yoink- isnt fun, its much worse than actually getting outplayed
What frustrates me is the shotgun, it's range is random at sometimes. It's also kinda ugly.
Justima wrote:
ZERESEC wrote:
ZERESEC wrote:
ZERESEC wrote:
ZERESEC wrote:
Honest to god, Halo 5 is my least favorite game of all time. It's an awful representation of the Halo franchise, from story to multiplayer. The only thing Halo 5 did well was Forge (which granted, is the best it has ever been), but Halo really needs to be the complete package...
Nah, it respects past gameplay while moving it forward, I'd say...
Story, I would agree on, but it's been getting progressively worse since Halo 2 or 3... Forge capabilities are excellent too.
Can't agree. These over the top generic movement mechanics just kill the map design and shaft vehicular play. Whereas previous Halo titles were much more social-centric with big team gamemodes and maps heavily in mind, Halo 5 feels far too competitive and arena focused. To a lot of players, myself definitely included, that's such a bad thing it has actually given a lot of us a level of disdain towards the series, which is awful. There's nothing really Halo about Halo 5, and the only supported big team experience you can get is Warzone, which is a terrible big team replacement in my opinion. It feels like an awful cross between Halo 4's Dominion and Strongholds. Not to mention how the whole gamemode contradicts all the "Halo 5 has equal starts" arguments I see around here, with the blatantly loadout based combat system that most people seem oblivious to. I could bang on about every single little issue I have with Halo 5, but it'd take hours. For me, the traditional Halo experience is a fun and social game, with support for all audiences, Arena, competitive, Big team etc. There was something for everyone, but Halo 5 just doesn't have that, it neglects a lot of players.
I do agree that 343 needs to do better with social playlist integration... Gametypes as well. There's no excuse in not having stable game modes around at release... and still unplayable in MM nearly a year later.
None of this should change the fact that they've made a great game from a gameplay perspective though. The new mechanics, from my perspective, were effectively implemented in a way that complements Halo and positively impacts the competitive merit of the game. While people may call these mechanics generic, I see this as a surface-level argument... The game plays nothing like COD, Battlefield, TitanFall, etc. and when you dig in and understand why that is, you see why there is still a lot of "Halo" in H5.
The game has some problem with its design-intent, if you will... but the design itself is quite good.
Yeah sorry I just can't agree with that mindset. The game just doesn't feel like a Halo game to me. Maybe it's the stigma surrounding it, with the awful launch and the fact that 343 are still holding back content nearly a year after launch, but either way, I cannot enjoy Halo 5 in any capacity. The game has an undeniable amount of issues that just detract from the experience for me, something that no previous title did, not even Halo 4.
People love to hate 343... and they've shown they can be pretty air-headed in the past, so it may be justified on some level.
But there comes a time where they deserve their due credit... they show desire in improving the development of their game. I think they'll figure it out... sometime in the future lol.
Personally, 343 deserve the flak they get. Time and time again they've demonstrated that for every one step forward, they take another two steps back. From Halo 4's shortcomings, to Halo MCC, to Halo 5. There has been a massive amount of mismanagement with the Halo franchise since they took over, regardless of personal opinions of their products.
As I said, I don't disagree... They can do a lot better.
So did they do better? Are they trying to do better?
Ask yourself... is Halo 5 a better MP shooter than Halo 4? Does it respect OG Halo ideals and gameplay more so than Reach and H4 did? Have they instated a Community Feedback/Beta program for ALL future Halo titles? Did H5 launch in relatively stable and working condition compared to MCC? Have they included original content in the Monthly Updates as requested? Classic weapons? Have they worked BEYOND the promised monthly updates up to the month of June 2016?
The answer to all of these questions is YES... they can't please everyone with everything that they do, but they are showing that they care about Halo and that they desire to improve as developers of this series.
Ask yourself..............does Halo 5 have gameplay features the fans asked for? Do they actually listen to the community at all, nevertheless does our feedback even matter to them? Does Halo 5 follow the OG Halo ideals of "The Golden Triangle". Did Halo 5 launch with a healthy amount of content? Have they included anything worthwhile in the monthly content updates? Have they fulfilled a lot of their promises?

The answer to all of these questions is NO...it works both ways you see.
Red III wrote:
i find it more frustrating because they added in bull -Yoink- mechanics that werent in 1-3. dying to bull -Yoink- isnt fun, its much worse than actually getting outplayed
What are you talking about man?
rewarding people for running around the map like
idiots with a panic butt.....I mean Spartan charge while loading it with so much magnetism it's nearly impossible to avoid is completely skilful

how dare you say otherwise!
Justima wrote:
ZERESEC wrote:
ZERESEC wrote:
ZERESEC wrote:
ZERESEC wrote:
Honest to god, Halo 5 is my least favorite game of all time. It's an awful representation of the Halo franchise, from story to multiplayer. The only thing Halo 5 did well was Forge (which granted, is the best it has ever been), but Halo really needs to be the complete package...
Nah, it respects past gameplay while moving it forward, I'd say...

Story, I would agree on, but it's been getting progressively worse since Halo 2 or 3... Forge capabilities are excellent too.
Can't agree. These over the top generic movement mechanics just kill the map design and shaft vehicular play. Whereas previous Halo titles were much more social-centric with big team gamemodes and maps heavily in mind, Halo 5 feels far too competitive and arena focused. To a lot of players, myself definitely included, that's such a bad thing it has actually given a lot of us a level of disdain towards the series, which is awful. There's nothing really Halo about Halo 5, and the only supported big team experience you can get is Warzone, which is a terrible big team replacement in my opinion. It feels like an awful cross between Halo 4's Dominion and Strongholds. Not to mention how the whole gamemode contradicts all the "Halo 5 has equal starts" arguments I see around here, with the blatantly loadout based combat system that most people seem oblivious to. I could bang on about every single little issue I have with Halo 5, but it'd take hours. For me, the traditional Halo experience is a fun and social game, with support for all audiences, Arena, competitive, Big team etc. There was something for everyone, but Halo 5 just doesn't have that, it neglects a lot of players.
I do agree that 343 needs to do better with social playlist integration... Gametypes as well. There's no excuse in not having stable game modes around at release... and still unplayable in MM nearly a year later.

None of this should change the fact that they've made a great game from a gameplay perspective though. The new mechanics, from my perspective, were effectively implemented in a way that complements Halo and positively impacts the competitive merit of the game. While people may call these mechanics generic, I see this as a surface-level argument... The game plays nothing like COD, Battlefield, TitanFall, etc. and when you dig in and understand why that is, you see why there is still a lot of "Halo" in H5.

The game has some problem with its design-intent, if you will... but the design itself is quite good.
Yeah sorry I just can't agree with that mindset. The game just doesn't feel like a Halo game to me. Maybe it's the stigma surrounding it, with the awful launch and the fact that 343 are still holding back content nearly a year after launch, but either way, I cannot enjoy Halo 5 in any capacity. The game has an undeniable amount of issues that just detract from the experience for me, something that no previous title did, not even Halo 4.
People love to hate 343... and they've shown they can be pretty air-headed in the past, so it may be justified on some level.

But there comes a time where they deserve their due credit... they show desire in improving the development of their game. I think they'll figure it out... sometime in the future lol.
Personally, 343 deserve the flak they get. Time and time again they've demonstrated that for every one step forward, they take another two steps back. From Halo 4's shortcomings, to Halo MCC, to Halo 5. There has been a massive amount of mismanagement with the Halo franchise since they took over, regardless of personal opinions of their products.
As I said, I don't disagree... They can do a lot better.
So did they do better? Are they trying to do better?
Ask yourself... is Halo 5 a better MP shooter than Halo 4? Does it respect OG Halo ideals and gameplay more so than Reach and H4 did? Have they instated a Community Feedback/Beta program for ALL future Halo titles? Did H5 launch in relatively stable and working condition compared to MCC? Have they included original content in the Monthly Updates as requested? Classic weapons? Have they worked BEYOND the promised monthly updates up to the month of June 2016?

The answer to all of these questions is YES... they can't please everyone with everything that they do, but they are showing that they care about Halo and that they desire to improve as developers of this series.
MCC wasn't stable at launch because it was thrown in the corner immediately for them to focus on Halo 5, It isn't ideal to defend Halo 5 for that statement because it's the same industry with the same capabilities, they just threw MCC into the toilet.
getatme94 wrote:
i have never been "good" at halo games, but i do find enjoyment and fun from playing them for the last 8 years or so,

but halo 5, is not fun at all.

between the new pistol, and the new armor abilites, it just feels like the sweatest of sweat fest

something has changed about halo... and i wish it would go back.
They pushed competitive way too hard, and that push led to many just absorbing that mentality.
The movement is a lot faster than old Halo's, makes it feel like you can't relax or play well unless you're on adderall.
Richnj wrote:
MCC might not be perfect, but it's better than Halo 5. Pick/boot it up.

The more we play MCC over Halo 5 the more 343i will get the message.
(Butthurt reply incoming)
Can you like keep your opinions to your self? Or don't just use them as facts. It's your opinion about MCC being better but you needent say it like it is a fact. You could have just said 'MCC is good, try that one isntead' or something.
What a -Yoink-. He can express his opinion as much as he likes. Don't be an -Yoink-. Someone is obviously triggered. Brats.
can not wait for halo 6 haha XD
Halo is a lot better than cod and destiny.
They screwed up everything shortening radar range.
Not everyone has the time to become an MLG player and everyone has his play style: with this radar the only approach you can have is move, camp behind corners, surprise you enemy, stop.
If you are a movement player like myself, or one that enjoy assault the enemy without always maintaining the position you are screwed before even start.

My opinion.
getatme94 wrote:
Richnj wrote:
MCC might not be perfect, but it's better than Halo 5. Pick/boot it up.

The more we play MCC over Halo 5 the more 343i will get the message.
People still play MCC? I can't ever find a match in that game.
BTB and team slayer are probably the only two playlist, but i haven't played in a year so what do i know. sooooooo tempted to re-buy it thought.

i am not one of those "halo 5 isn't halo" people, but they did miss the mark with this one. the evasive slide away from grenades and the pistol really killed the game for me, and i am a 91, so it's not like i didn't put in the hours

which SUCKS, because you can bet that halo 6 will have most of the same systems. so this is probably going to be my last halo game.
You know when you said you are 91, it sounded like you meant that it was your age.
Yall are crazy halo 5 has been the best online game since halo3.
You said it its so bad it makes reach look great
Richnj wrote:
MCC might not be perfect, but it's better than Halo 5. Pick/boot it up.

The more we play MCC over Halo 5 the more 343i will get the message.
(Butthurt reply incoming)
Can you like keep your opinions to your self? Or don't just use them as facts. It's your opinion about MCC being better but you needent say it like it is a fact. You could have just said 'MCC is good, try that one isntead' or something.
What a -Yoink-. He can express his opinion as much as he likes. Don't be an -Yoink-. Someone is obviously triggered. Brats.
Oh for the love of.. What is it unclear about my reply? Yes, I shouldn't have wrote "Can you like keep your opinions to your self", but I only wrote that thing down since this guy was pushing his opinion on everyone's face as a fact. And I also wrote: "OR JUST DON'T USE THEM AS FACTS".
Did you even read that? You can state your opinion but just don't use them as facts.
"MCC might not be perfect, but it's better than Halo 5." That's what I'd call using an opinion as a fact.
Just chill already.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 14