Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Why is Warzone so sweaty?

OP SamTheWeebo

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Always thought it was supposed to be the chill game mode but it seems to be played really competitively.
Well, people don't want to lose, so... yeah.
It's simple: as the game gets older, the more "casual" players leave and move on to other games, leaving only the less "casual" players behind. In other words, the kind of person who enjoys getting into a party of 12 and sweating in Warzone is more likely to be the kind of person who is dedicated enough to not get bored of Halo 5 and leave after a couple years, compared to the kind of person who picks up Halo 5 and casually plays some Warzone for a bit before moving on to the next game. At least, that's what I'd guess is probably happening
Trust me, it's not just Warzone that's Sweaty, I only stick to WzFF
Well, people don't want to lose, so... yeah.
Indeed.
Warzone provides a lot of opportunities for a team to curbstomp the other side once they learn how to control the map. I speak from experience as I've been quick-cored and farmed in the past.

And now that the game is more than 2 years old, you should expect some of the more skilled players to be running around now.
Halo 5 is just sweaty in general even all the social playlists are sweatfests it’s great when your up for it but not when you want to relax and have fun
JC00795 wrote:
Halo 5 is just sweaty in general even all the social playlists are sweatfests it’s great when your up for it but not when you want to relax and have fun
This is pretty true, sometimes if I am playing alone or with friends and we are having a off night, rusty from not playing for a while, or just want to chill our options get really limited, really fast.

Although I feel like warzone has been consistently more difficult to do well in compared to BTB since the get go. I think its because of either players not focusing on objectives, not working to prioritize controlling areas of the map or because there are sweaty players in the mix. Poor team work and sweaty players have been present at launch and still are present today, but I feel like warzone is definitely a game type that slide down a slippery slope pretty quickly because of either of those factors.
What makes you call it “sweaty”? Please describe what you mean when you use the term.
Always thought it was supposed to be the chill game mode but it seems to be played really competitively.
Halo goes hard plain and simple! You either kill or get killed or even assassinated.
Since halo 5 was a bit hard on casuals (no casual playlists outside of warzone, heavy focus on E-sports, a more COD esc vib in the mechanics of the game) a lot of the casual "fluff" was gone early on, creating a gap in the skill levels of players.
Chimera30 wrote:
What makes you call it “sweaty”? Please describe what you mean when you use the term.
I'd venture a guess and say players playing better than other players are what makes games "sweaty". As someone who has been accused of playing sweaty (in Super Fiesta, of all playlists) because I happened to do really well in one game, that's the only description I can come up with. So in other words, it's just an excuse to make a person feel better when they lose.
Chimera30 wrote:
What makes you call it “sweaty”? Please describe what you mean when you use the term.
I'd venture a guess and say players playing better than other players are what makes games "sweaty". As someone who has been accused of playing sweaty (in Super Fiesta, of all playlists) because I happened to do really well in one game, that's the only description I can come up with. So in other words, it's just an excuse to make a person feel better when they lose.
It's not so much a player who's just better, so much as it is a player who just slaughters making every game feel like an edge of the seat tension filled thriller. This can be good if you match the skill level of the good player, as it presents a challenge. But if you're new or not very good, (edit: or just trying to chill out) you'll probably hate the feeling.

If you know Dragon ball, imagine Yamcha having to push himself to fight Goku. He ain't gunna win, even if he pushes himself far beyond his limit. Now lets say he's forced to do that every fight, he'll either crumble from the pressure, or come out battle harden.
Always thought it was supposed to be the chill game mode but it seems to be played really competitively.
Well, people don't want to lose, so... yeah.
Pretty much this OP.

Sorry, but I don't understand these questions. It's a game, people like to win games, I know I do lol

What do people want people to do when they play Halo... Purposely miss that final headshot? Run in a straight line shooting into the air? See how many times they can flip that hog?? Like seriously lol

I honestly think some people need to just accept the fact they're not very good at gaming and most of the time they'll be at the bottom and then just blame that game mode or playlist of being sweaty. It's ridiculous. I'm sure your better at something else though so don't threat (this isn't directed at you op, just a general statement)
Always thought it was supposed to be the chill game mode but it seems to be played really competitively.
Well, people don't want to lose, so... yeah.
Pretty much this OP.

Sorry, but I don't understand these questions. It's a game, people like to win games, I know I do lol

What do people want people to do when they play Halo... Purposely miss that final headshot? Run in a straight line shooting into the air? See how many times they can flip that hog?? Like seriously lol

I honestly think some people need to just accept the fact they're not very good at gaming and most of the time they'll be at the bottom. I'm sure your better at something else though so don't threat (this isn't directed at you op, just a general statement)
Imagine playing a game against a child who's never played the game. You're trying to let them have a fun time so they will try to get into the game... would you go full on MLG pro with them? No you wouldn't because they arn't that skilled, you would chill back and let your hands go into auto pilot well running around and having a bit of fun.

The problem I see with this issue is that there is skilled players matching up to often with lower skilled players. As I've stated above with a lack of casual fluff this can happen.

It's wrong to say that they are just whining because they don't want to lose, because that's not true. They just don't have the same abilities as higher skilled players, and would rather not end up fighting with them.
sniper945 wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
Spoiler:
Show
But is Yamcha going to accuse Goku of "trying too hard" aka "sweating" every time he loses, knowing full well that Goku is just plain a better fighter than him? The way the term is applied now, Yamcha would be accusing Krillin, someone he can go toe to toe with, of "sweating" if he kept losing to him. And that's where we're at with it. Players just being better than other players might see someone/some team accused of sweating, no matter how small or large the gap in skill.
sniper945 wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
Spoiler:
Show
But is Yamcha going to accuse Goku of "trying too hard" aka "sweating" every time he loses, knowing full well that Goku is just plain a better fighter than him? The way the term is applied now, Yamcha would be accusing Krillin, someone he can go toe to toe with, of "sweating" if he kept losing to him. And that's where we're at with it. Players just being better than other players might see someone/some team accused of sweating, no matter how small or large the gap in skill.
I agree. The term gets thrown around far to much, and it's a bad sting on hard working players.

But in the case I presented with yamcha and Goku, you're right, yamcha should know Goku is above him. But with match making we don't have that luxury of knowing the other players. It's random (although I've seen sorces state otherwise) and that means you can get matched with anyone. But in this case, halo 5 has driven out most of the casuals causing it to be populated by high skilled players. With that, if you are unskilled or new to the game (or just chilling out on the couch) you'll get upset if every game is a quick tripple base cap and a core loss. Some people take to civilized discussions and Analysis, others go to primitive name calling. The latter of which is what triggers us into segregation.
sniper945 wrote:
Always thought it was supposed to be the chill game mode but it seems to be played really competitively.
Well, people don't want to lose, so... yeah.
Pretty much this OP.

Sorry, but I don't understand these questions. It's a game, people like to win games, I know I do lol

What do people want people to do when they play Halo... Purposely miss that final headshot? Run in a straight line shooting into the air? See how many times they can flip that hog?? Like seriously lol

I honestly think some people need to just accept the fact they're not very good at gaming and most of the time they'll be at the bottom. I'm sure your better at something else though so don't threat (this isn't directed at you op, just a general statement)
Imagine playing a game against a child who's never played the game. You're trying to let them have a fun time so they will try to get into the game... would you go full on MLG pro with them? No you wouldn't because they arn't that skilled, you would chill back and let your hands go into auto pilot well running around and having a bit of fun.

The problem I see with this issue is that there is skilled players matching up to often with lower skilled players. As I've stated above with a lack of casual fluff this can happen.

It's wrong to say that they are just whining because they don't want to lose, because that's not true. They just don't have the same abilities as higher skilled players, and would rather not end up fighting with them.
I know what your saying, and agree...to a point.

I've actually taught children and youth games and such before but i digress here... if I'm teaching a child to play Halo (or anything for that matter) first thing is I'll be teaching them is your going loose and do bad ALOT for the first while most likely. That doesn't mean your bad, it means your learning. I wouldn't be teaching them in multiple player either. Get a feel for things, then I would. In this case though the OP clearing isn't new.

Many kids today (and adults) expect to be good at something right off the bat. If they're not, then it's "too hard" or "too sweaty" or whatever.

Also the fact remains as I said earlier, that someone can try and try and try at something but they might have to face facts that they're just not very good at, in this case Halo. Problem is most people don't accept that. So yes, I honestly think when most people complain about a lot of things like this (talking Halo here remember) I think they are "whining" per say. Yes, it'd be perfect if gaming was like sports and you had skill levels but it doesn't really (sorta does but not, you know)

So you either,
  1. Take your "lumps" knowing eventually you will get better at the game
  2. Accept this is how the game is at times and just continue playing or
  3. Move onto a other game mode you might like more or maybe even a other game.
Again, this isn't directed at anyone, merely just stating few things.
I wouldn't call WZ "sweaty," especially compared to Arena. There were changes made like the REQ drip to make both teams more competitive, so it's not just a complete steamroll. Also you'll start to see more veteran players, ones with a full REQ library and map awareness. So if you're a newer player, it's hard to slip by them.

I say just play smarter. Don't rush into situations where you're likely to be out gunned or manned. If you've got a mic, communicate objectives. You'll find teammates who'll back you up.
sniper945 wrote:
Always thought it was supposed to be the chill game mode but it seems to be played really competitively.
Well, people don't want to lose, so... yeah.
Pretty much this OP.

Sorry, but I don't understand these questions. It's a game, people like to win games, I know I do lol

What do people want people to do when they play Halo... Purposely miss that final headshot? Run in a straight line shooting into the air? See how many times they can flip that hog?? Like seriously lol

I honestly think some people need to just accept the fact they're not very good at gaming and most of the time they'll be at the bottom. I'm sure your better at something else though so don't threat (this isn't directed at you op, just a general statement)
Imagine playing a game against a child who's never played the game. You're trying to let them have a fun time so they will try to get into the game... would you go full on MLG pro with them? No you wouldn't because they arn't that skilled, you would chill back and let your hands go into auto pilot well running around and having a bit of fun.

The problem I see with this issue is that there is skilled players matching up to often with lower skilled players. As I've stated above with a lack of casual fluff this can happen.

It's wrong to say that they are just whining because they don't want to lose, because that's not true. They just don't have the same abilities as higher skilled players, and would rather not end up fighting with them.
I know what your saying, and agree...to a point.

I've actually taught children and youth games and such before but i digress here... if I'm teaching a child to play Halo (or anything for that matter) first thing is I'll be teaching them is your going loose and do bad ALOT for the first while most likely. That doesn't mean your bad, it means your learning. I wouldn't be teaching them in multiple player either. Get a feel for things, then I would. In this case though the OP clearing isn't new.

Many kids today (and adults) expect to be good at something right off the bat. If they're not, then it's "too hard" or "too sweaty" or whatever.

Also the fact remains as I said earlier, that someone can try and try and try at something but they might have to face facts that they're just not very good at, in this case Halo. Problem is most people don't accept that. So yes, I honestly think when most people complain about a lot of things like this (talking Halo here remember) I think they are "whining" per say. Yes, it'd be perfect if gaming was like sports and you had skill levels but it doesn't really (sorta does but not, you know)

So you either,
  1. Take your "lumps" knowing eventually you will get better at the game
  2. Accept this is how the game is at times and just continue playing or
  3. Move onto a other game mode you might like more or maybe even a other game.
Again, this isn't directed at anyone, merely just stating few things.
It sounds lika a "tough love" approach, which our society needs a little more of here and there.

The thing about halo is that it's not just a shooter. I play halo for the mystery and wonder of exploring alien worlds and a cool main cast of characters, some play for the stories being told, some may play halo to chill out after a stressful day of work, and some play halo to be the best. Nobody in my list is wrong for wanting these things to appear in the game, and when it's not in there it makes them upset. And like I said in another post, people will speak there minds in constructive, or primitive ways.

For instence not having a true casual playlist caused a big disruption in the community. Casuals had to settle for ranked or warzone (which tried to replace BTB) so it was only a matter of time before they started to say it was to much of a challenge or not for them and complained.

Then 343 adds some casual games and some rotten players pad there states on it causing even more disruption due to an ever decressing population. Not only that but all the posts of farming and smurfs causes people to have a bit of fear in joining these playlists. Just thinking they can get farmed can be enough to put in a new game. Even if farming and such were blown out of proportion, it still created fear.

You can also say that comp players have been getting the boot since the first game, but the problem with that is we built up such a casual crowd only to have them booted out by h5. That's probably where this dip in population came from (based on the Xbox most played and forum posts frequency)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4